Groups
    EXPIRED

Wanted : Yardley April Violets toiletries

My OH granny has asked for some Yardleys April Violets perfume, soap, body spray, talc whatever we can get basically.

I have managed to gte soap online but all other links take me to places that are sold out.
    Yardley have discontinued this range .

However was hoping someone had some they didnt want or had some old family run pharmacy or such like with old stock. Shes 78 and might not see the new year ( cancer she full of secondary's) So if i could get some of this stuff ofr her birthday in a few weeks she be thrilled

16 Comments

have you asked at your chemist sometimes they can order things that aernt in stores.

*********.co.uk/YAR…m14
    a few bits on ebay
    item number in case link dont work

Original Poster

cherishu2;6315132

http://*********.co.uk/YARDLEY-APRIL-VIOLETS-125ML-PERFUME-BNIB-EDT_W0QQitemZ260476714185QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Health_Beauty_Fragrances_Women_s_Fragrances_PP?hash=item3ca59f3cc9&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14a few bits on ebayitem number in case link dont work 260476714185

Thanks but ebay far too expensive. I was bidding on a set last week that probably originally retailed for about £10-12. It went for £30 plus £3 p&p.

Like theres soap there now BIN for £19.99. I bought this from only site still selling for £5.95

Original Poster

cherishu2;6315118

have you asked at your chemist sometimes they can order things that aernt … have you asked at your chemist sometimes they can order things that aernt in stores.

its discontinued can only get soap even on yardleys own site. So really hoping for old stock somewhere as you seen some is turning up on ebay.

Probably have better luck trawling around independant little chemists.

youve bought back lots of memories for me my nan used to use it, but it was in a tiny little pretty bottle back then. but we are talking 1970 lol.
    Still looking but its all soap im findinfg too im afraid.

DIVA1977;6315250

Thanks but ebay far too expensive. I was bidding on a set last week that … Thanks but ebay far too expensive. I was bidding on a set last week that probably originally retailed for about £10-12. It went for £30 plus £3 p&p.Like theres soap there now BIN for £19.99. I bought this from only site still selling for £5.95

Yeah but if you can't buy most of the stuff elsewhere anymore it will be expensive now,supply and demand etc,if it's possibly her last birthday isn't it worth the expense.

Original Poster

deb8z;6315925

Yeah but if you can't buy most of the stuff elsewhere anymore it will be … Yeah but if you can't buy most of the stuff elsewhere anymore it will be expensive now,supply and demand etc,if it's possibly her last birthday isn't it worth the expense.

Maybe but not in an immediate rush as few weeks to go yet. Id rather get new from chemist if possible as cant guarantee what you get off ebay.
    Like recently bought top for LO description said brand new from M&S.
    It had small hole and wasnt from M&S or any other shop i know of. File paypal dispute and i could only get full refund if returned by trackable means at my own expense . Would of been left with £1.04 after paying return p&p. I dont see how thats fair as seller lied

So id rather avoid ebay unless its a bargain price or unless ive exhausted every other avenue

try bodycare

Original Poster

speedy2;6316131

try bodycare

?? ive googl;ed and gone to a body care site but nothing there all modern brands

[url]www.andperfume.co.uk[/url] has some listed. Don't know about postage or availability.

Sorry, they all seem to be dead links.

Landy's Chemist.com is showing Talc at £13.00 for 2.

Original Poster

cymru2;6319920

Landy's Chemist.com is showing Talc at £13.00 for 2.

thanks hun i seen that , but website just dont feel right IYSWIM. LIke not very professional or modern and i dont like the fact its not until add does it say you cant buy 1.

Just seems fishy

deb8z;6315925

Yeah but if you can't buy most of the stuff elsewhere anymore it will be … Yeah but if you can't buy most of the stuff elsewhere anymore it will be expensive now,supply and demand etc,if it's possibly her last birthday isn't it worth the expense.

:shock: If it is her last birthday and my granny it would deffo be worth the expense!

chunky;6324108

:shock: If it is her last birthday and my granny it would deffo be worth … :shock: If it is her last birthday and my granny it would deffo be worth the expense!

Tad harsh!!!

http://****.co.uk/ws/…dll?ViewItem&item=170525875653&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Small, stylish writers notebook/netbook23
      2. Biscuit addiction1024
      3. Cheap 'smart phone' for child wanted.55
      4. Gaming Monitor44

See more discussions