Groups
    EXPIRED

Wanted..Singstar Mic

Any one know where I can get a replacement singstar mic from ? I only need the blue one but will buy the pair if I must. I bought one from Ebay but it was faulty :-( Doesn't have to be online. I suppose I can drag myself out to the shops if it keeps the kids entertained :santa:
    thanks

9 Comments

You can use a standard Mic cant you??? I'm sure you get an adapter with a jack in it and you just plug the mic's into it I'm sure that they can be standard ones? It's about a year since i last saw mine....My 13 yr old niece "borrowed" mine!!!!!

A standard microphone sould work fine

Original Poster

Thanks BECKYBOO and ghostfreak
    wonder if the adaptor plugs are different ? Our kids like to do the "battle" and I don't quite understand how it recognises the different mic's :thinking:
    Will try a std mic tho .. cheers ....

You can pick up a mic adapter for very little

caroline150969

Thanks BECKYBOO and ghostfreakwonder if the adaptor plugs are different ? … Thanks BECKYBOO and ghostfreakwonder if the adaptor plugs are different ? Our kids like to do the "battle" and I don't quite understand how it recognises the different mic's :thinking: Will try a std mic tho .. cheers ....

It doesn't, they are colour coded so that you recognise them. You can plug red in blue and blue in red and they still work. The colours are so you know you are red or blue. Did you get that? :giggle:

Original Poster

hmm wonder if there is something wrong with the game itself then, the mic's we have are not interchangeable

When i got mine about 2 years ago you got 2 mic's one red and one blue, and you got 1 jack which had 1 hole for blue and one whole for red. The mics are just standard mics. As i understand it they are just colour coded for identification purposes. Its the colour on the jack that says whether you are blue or red....the mic colour shouldn't matter.

They may have changed this lately mine are 2 yrs old this christmas.

Original Poster

thanks
    will investigate this when I get home from work :thumbsup:

No worries, Hopefully it will take a standard mic. They are much cheaper than buying a singstar one.:)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Looking for a phone12
      2. Iphone/ipad external storage23
      3. Can you machine wash wool suit trousers that state "dry clean only"?88
      4. Has anyone bought fitted wardrobes from Sharps?23

See more discussions