wantglasses.co.uk problem, can anyone help

Found 25th Sep 2009
ok, so i ordered some glasses from wantglasses.co.uk 3 weeks ago with an expected delivery of 14 days as they are standard lenses.

i have so far received nothing and when i try to call them it just rings and no one ever answers.

does anyone know if they are still in business or if there is another number for them

thanks

1. Misc
  2. Movie
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Movie
46 Comments

For all customer enquires:

You can email us any time at: help@wantglasses.co.uk

Call us on: 0844 335 6441

Fax us on: 0808 280 0317

Our office opening times are Monday to Friday 9am - 5.00pm (closed Saturdays and Sundays)

Or you can write to us at:

WantGlasses.co.uk
Unit 3, Bredbury Business Park
Stockport
Cheshire
SK6 2SN

Original Poster

thanks but i have tried ringing that number and it never gets answered, i have also emailed but got no reply

Used google
Think this company is at unit 2, same business park

Egan Reid StationeryTel: 0161 4066591 - Bredbury Park Industrial Estate, Bredbury, Stockpo, Cheshire, SK6 2SU
Could contact them and ask a few questions. They might be able to help with info as they are within same area

Original Poster

WoolyM;6392501

Used googleThink this company is at unit 2, same business parkEgan Reid … Used googleThink this company is at unit 2, same business parkEgan Reid StationeryTel: 0161 4066591 - Bredbury Park Industrial Estate, Bredbury, Stockpo, Cheshire, SK6 2SUCould contact them and ask a few questions. They might be able to help with info as they are within same area

thanks, ill give them a call

or this company in same unit

Presidential Cleaning UK
BCR House, 3 Bredbury Business Park,
Stockport, Cheshire,
Bredbury Park Industrial Estate,bredbury,
STOCKPORT,
SK6 2SN
Tel : 0161 406 3069
Mob : 07592218673

Original Poster

thanks guys, spoke to the cleaning company who think something strange is going on there as although the business is there they dont see anyone going to work.

think i may have lost my money ... great

patchy987;6393277

thanks guys, spoke to the cleaning company who think something strange is … thanks guys, spoke to the cleaning company who think something strange is going on there as although the business is there they dont see anyone going to work. think i may have lost my money ... great

Did you pay by credit card. If so you may have some protection
Surely if they have stopped trading there should be a way to stop them taking more money through the website
Might be worth contacting trading standards if that proves to be the case

Original Poster

sadly i paid by debit card so no protection.

i think trading standards may be the next option. i have spent over 3 hours today trying to phone with no luck

Hi Patchy987

My name is Roger, and I am one of the directors at Wantglasses. Firstly on reading your posts, my sincere apologies for the stress and time this has caused you, and more obviously the unecessary bank charges you have incurred.

Please feel free to contact me directly at rogerbiddlecombe@eyewear-international.com with details of your order, date and any order number. Please also tell me about the bank charges you have incurred. I will look into this matter for you personally and try to resolve it to your complete satisfaction.

The company's current contact details are below.

Best regards

Roger

Email
help@wantglasses.co.uk
Helpline
Tel: 0845 862 0177
Free Fax: 01494 372 006

Helpline Opening Hours
9am – 5:30pm Mon to Fri
Address
Want Glasses
PO Box 811
Amersham
HP6 9EQ

i have also paid £ 163.20 yesterday ,
debit card , will ring bank asap

I have been going through the same agony as patchy987 with trying to get back my refund from wantglasses.com for an order that wantglasses did not deliver.
I have been unable to get through all telephone numbers listed. It seems that this is hoax trader.
I would appreciate if anyone can assist could help me to get me in touch with wantglasses.com to get my refund back.

I live in stockport, need me to go sort them out? lol :P If u really wanted i could check to see if it looks open?

To golemsmate,

I happen same scenario with this company , no refund ever, no reply. I am about to take them to the Small Court Claims. Would you mind if it isn't far to you to check if they exist at all at the address.
So many people across various forums have been tricked by this company.
Thank you very much.

Stay away from wantglasses !!!

Ordered a pair of glasses from them, got weird answers explaining the long delivery time (first saying it is on its way, one week later saying it has not yet been dispatched from italy, not even close to being on its way). Cancelled the order after 28 days (which was the maximum delivery time stated).

I was promised a full refund but no such thing happened, 3 months has since passed (4 months since the purchase) and no money. Now they are not answering my mails, phone line is always dead (no connection) and nothing happens. Visa credit chargeback does not work due to the time period (max 3 months is allowed for chargeback). Have talked to the Office Of Fair Trading and will go to the police now.

Once again, STAY AWAY from them.

Oh and if anyone actually lives close to their place, it would mean a lot if you could drop by their "office". A look at google maps shows basically nothing via satellite and the address seems to be nothing but a post box.

This is really creepy and it looks as if they have many customers, so either I am just one of those unlucky ones or they are making good money on a lot of people trusting the wrong company.

I ordered a pair of glasses from Wantglasses also, i was told that the glasses were no longer in stock and that i would recieve a refund. After still not recieving the money after some time i emailed them and was told on 1/10/10 that it would be in my bank within 3 working days-it is still not in my bank account! I will never buy my glasses online again!

I also ordered sunglasses from the some company in July when the order didn't arrive got the response that they were waiting for them to arrive from Italy. Have asked for a refund but still no refund and have e-mailed them and get no response and telephone number is dead. So annoying and they are able to place ads in magazine so many people must be getting ripped off by this company.

Maybe some of those who have been affected should email the watchdog programme. Seems this company has had 'issues' for a while

I had some problem as well.

I had send out my lenses order with my new glasses frame and payment by cheque and just didn't hear any responding from this company...Is this company is real or faild company...I thinking need to cancel my payment asap if they responding to me. I haven't see the discusstion here..otherwise I thinking i won't send out my order...Seem like i lost my new pair glass frame....

anyone get any idear or help will be great..
many thanks again.

This is turning into that other thread where the admin from the website came and answered questions - IF YOU ARE THAT BOTHERED THEN ANSWER EMAILS AND PHONE CALLS, NOT A RANDOM DEALS FORUM.

Help! I've just been robbed with £200 as well :-(

Hi everyone,

I'm one of the many that have had problems with this company, bought a pair of £110 glasses 4 weeks ago and never recieved them. NOT HAPPY! I've sent an email to rMOD EDIT: email removed but not to sure if that email is even working. Will let you know if he returns my email.
Edited by moderator: "Nov 19, 2010 17:07" 19th Nov 2010

indoorain

To golemsmate,I happen same scenario with this company , no refund ever, … To golemsmate,I happen same scenario with this company , no refund ever, no reply. I am about to take them to the Small Court Claims. Would you mind if it isn't far to you to check if they exist at all at the address.So many people across various forums have been tricked by this company.Thank you very much.

hi!

sorry i didnt see this thread, im in stoke at the moment but im heading home for christmas, i could look then but its a while away sorry if i saw it i would of driven there

I ordered a pair of ordinary glasses from this company in July 2010 for £75 and experienced excellent service. On 5th September I then ordered a pair of Ray-Ban, varifocal, light sensitive, thin lenses, the lot, for £200 and still haven't received anything. I was told they were out of stock and then later that they were no longer being produced by the supplier. Despite all this these frames are still advertised on their website under Product Code RX7002. After further e-mail correspondence about possible alternatives I requested a refund on the 19th October and received a prompt reply telling me that I would receive it within 14 days. Many chasers by e-mail and recorded delivery later I still haven't received anything. I have no alternative now but to try the Small Claims Court. This company is a disgrace. It advertises stock it doesn't have and takes money with no intention of fulfilling the order. I recommend you stay well away from them.

grahamf

I ordered a pair of ordinary glasses from this company in July 2010 for … I ordered a pair of ordinary glasses from this company in July 2010 for £75 and experienced excellent service. On 5th September I then ordered a pair of Ray-Ban, varifocal, light sensitive, thin lenses, the lot, for £200 and still haven't received anything. I was told they were out of stock and then later that they were no longer being produced by the supplier. Despite all this these frames are still advertised on their website under Product Code RX7002. After further e-mail correspondence about possible alternatives I requested a refund on the 19th October and received a prompt reply telling me that I would receive it within 14 days. Many chasers by e-mail and recorded delivery later I still haven't received anything. I have no alternative now but to try the Small Claims Court. This company is a disgrace. It advertises stock it doesn't have and takes money with no intention of fulfilling the order. I recommend you stay well away from them.

Well this has restored my faith into the company, especially so as you have been a member for an hour gave them a glowing review and this is your first post

Off to order then..... (_;)

I have ordered specs from this company within the last few days,unfortunately before I discovered this website. I wonder if I should wait the mandatory 28 days for delivery or contact my credit card company today and ask them to operate chargeback . Some quick advice on this would be appreciated .

Banned

rihanna08

Well this has restored my faith into the company, especially so as you … Well this has restored my faith into the company, especially so as you have been a member for an hour gave them a glowing review and this is your first postOff to order then..... (_;)

try reading more than one sentence in a post - jeez! oO

Banned

black6

I have ordered specs from this company within the last few … I have ordered specs from this company within the last few days,unfortunately before I discovered this website. I wonder if I should wait the mandatory 28 days for delivery or contact my credit card company today and ask them to operate chargeback . Some quick advice on this would be appreciated .

any option to cancel online?

This is a scam website, I ordered my glasses in November and was told will be delivered in one month and since then even after emailing several times no glasses. I will be writing to report this scam, such people should be prosecuted for their dodgy deals. Does anyone have any idea on how to report a complaint against them?

Banned

rihanna08

Well this has restored my faith into the company, especially so as you … Well this has restored my faith into the company, especially so as you have been a member for an hour gave them a glowing review and this is your first postOff to order then..... (_;)

I would hate to see what you think is a bad review if you think 'This company is a disgrace' is a good one!

All I get when I email them to find out what has happened to my order 5 weeks ago is:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

help@wantglasses.com

Message will be retried for 1 more day(s)

Technical details of temporary failure:
The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect. Learn more at mail.google.com/sup…720
[wantglasses.com (1): Connection timed out]

mrafi

This is a scam website, I ordered my glasses in November and was told … This is a scam website, I ordered my glasses in November and was told will be delivered in one month and since then even after emailing several times no glasses. I will be writing to report this scam, such people should be prosecuted for their dodgy deals. Does anyone have any idea on how to report a complaint against them?

Make sure you send a recorded delivery letter to them stating the facts and that you will persue them for breach of contarct if the glasses or refund don't arrive within 14 days. If no joy, chase your Credit Card company - if Visa and MasterCard have to make a significant number of refunds, they might consider withdrawing the Merchant Account.

Join the rest of us in the same situation by calling Consumer Direct 08454 040506, who will take the details and pass them to Trading Standards - to be added to the pile. Hopefully then Trading Standards will be able to act and if necessary close them down.

I too have been conned by this website, I returned an item and I never received a refund, even though they said that they would.

I made a complaint to the trading standards and will consider legal action.

It's an absolute nightmare getting any contact details for these guys, but I've done loads of research and found affliate companies. If anyone reading this wants to stop Wantglasses.co.uk, I urge you to do the following:
If you're on Facebook, find the wantglasses.co.uk page and report it ('report page' can be found on the left hand column) stop them from futher promoting their fradulent company.
Abacus Consultancy are basically the same company (set up by the same guy - Roger Biddlecombe) I've been cc'ing them on all my emails so far, their website is http://abacusconsultancy.co.uk/cms/) wantglasses.co.uk is registered at the same address, as is wantsunglasses.co.uk. They've got a phone number too, if you wish to get through to someone.
Spread the news about Wantglasses.co.uk on blogs, Twitter etc.
And please please please, complain to trading standards - don't let them get away with taking your money!

I am another customer conned out of money by this website. Been waiting since Feb for my order, since March for a refund. Please avoid at all costs.

I will be taking YummyBreakfast advice and reporting them.

Has anyone had any luck in getting a refund from Roger Biddlecombe?

If you are thinking about ordering from this company, read the reviews and make your own decision.

If, like YummyBreakfast and Matthew, you have already ordered and are experiencing the same problems of non-delivery, no contact and no refund, you might want to call Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040.

If you paid over £100 by credit card, write to the CC company and file a Section 75 claim. Your CC company is jointly liable for breach of contract and you can insist on a refund from them. For more info (and what to do if/when they try to fob you off) look on the Which website.

they are still conning people! what an awful company!

I have also been ripped off by this website do use them
Its well over a month since my order and nothing delivered, I have given the a further 3 days, then.....
I have told them I will be informing my credit card company to ensure they are blacklisted,also Trading standards and the Inland Revenue for posible tax evasion, along with the mail order house listed on their site (AMO) ....I think these may deal with their credit card orders, but not sure?

Roger Biddlecombe? If that's a real name then I'm called Nigel Swindlethorpe

Hi Have purchased at least 7 pairs of glasses from want glasses and apart from being slow sometimes to answer e mails they have been great and i have been very pleased with my purchases , even had a problem with the glasses sent for my mother and these were replaced no problems.
Post a comment
@
    Text