Wanting a passport for my 1 year old son but getting married this month so my partner surname will change advice needed..

11 replies
Found 7th May
As mentioned in the title. We are wanting to book a holiday for July and cant afford any mistakes with his passport. Would we need to wait until we get married at the end of the month to apply for my sons passport and change my partners name on the passport ? Concerned the delay waiting for my partners new passport to comeback would hold us back applying for July holiday.

11 Comments

As far as I know, your partner's name doesn't actually feature on his passport so I don't think it matters.

i think your best bet would be to ring the passport office up in the morning...

Its the name of the child that goes on the passport so its irrelevant if your partners name changes.

Original Poster

rhinopaul

Its the name of the child that goes on the passport so its irrelevant if … Its the name of the child that goes on the passport so its irrelevant if your partners name changes.

Would my partner have to change her name her passport before we go away or is not a big deal?

Mr_Pickled_Egg1

Would my partner have to change her name her passport before we go away … Would my partner have to change her name her passport before we go away or is not a big deal?

As long as the name on the passport is the same as on the travel documents (tickets, bookings etc) - it really doesn't matter.

Mr_Pickled_Egg1

Would my partner have to change her name her passport before we go away … Would my partner have to change her name her passport before we go away or is not a big deal?

I dont know how passport control will even know you have got married and changed her name, personally I dont think it will matter but I'm not passport control . The only problem we have as a family with different names is that our son has my name so when my partner travels with our son alone she needs to take his birth certificate aswell as his passport as she has a different surname.
If you are British citizens then its usually pretty quick getting a new one or replacement . I just renewed our sons and also live in France and it only took 8 days to receive it back to France from the Uk.

I got married a year ago and haven't yet changed my passport, went on holiday 3 times since and had no problems as booked my flights etc in maiden. Are. my mother also got married 3 years ago and still uses her maiden name on her passport as doesn't want to waste money on a new one. As long as you book in the name that matches your passport. It doesn't matter that you have a different surname

Just because a woman gets married doesn't mean her name automatically changes. SHE has to inform (whoever) that she has CHOSEN to change her name. It's not a requirement of marriage. She can keep her original name if she wants.

LizzyUK

Just because a woman gets married doesn't mean her name automatically … Just because a woman gets married doesn't mean her name automatically changes. SHE has to inform (whoever) that she has CHOSEN to change her name. It's not a requirement of marriage. She can keep her original name if she wants.

LOL.And where on this post is that being questioned?

been married 10 years. my wife is not British (

I got married 4yrs ago but renewed my passport 6months b4 getting married so it's still my maiden name. to change your name on your passport is the same price as a 10yrs renewal so it's not worth it. Your partners name is not on a child's passport anyway. You partner will need to put her details filling out the child's passport as what is stated on her passport. Apply now for your child's passport as the security process is longer for a child.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition60626
    2. Magazine competitions - Issue 41 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717
    3. daily mail comp - win a trip to queensland - comp closes 8th november, 201777
    4. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers11

See more discussions