Wanting a TV for gaming but don't know whether to go for 50Hz or 100HZ?

Hi everyone I need your help please. I want to purchase a TV for gaming (Xbox 360), and I am wanting a full HD one, but I don't know if I should get one which has 50Hz or 100Hz.

Is there any point for me to get 50Hz or should I get the 100Hz, please help, Thanks.

9 Comments

50hz for gaming

100hz for movies and sports

100hz is very disconcerting

Original Poster

So basically should I get a 50Hz? I was confused because when I searched it up, lots of people were saying 100Hz is better and 50Hz being old technology, some say not and prefer 50Hz
Edited by: "joshjw" 19th Feb 2011

joshjw

So basically should I get a 50Hz? I was confused because when I searched … So basically should I get a 50Hz? I was confused because when I searched it up, lots of people were saying 100Hz is better and 50Hz being old technology, some say not and prefer 50Hz

Have you read the replies given?

Original Poster

thesaint

Have you read the replies given?

Yeah I just wanted to make sure.

One more question. This may or may not change replies, but I am going to be getting a sky + HD box soon for the TV. Should I still opt for 50Hz?

Banned

Yes

id say get both, then you cant regret buying one or the other

Original Poster

nebno6

id say get both, then you cant regret buying one or the other

Lol, good point, can't complain then :P

i read somewhere that response time is more of a factor for gaming than Hz so the lower the response time the better, less input lag between console sending the image and the tv decoding it or something like that,
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread415214086
    2. Baby boxes to be sent to new parents in Scotland from Tuesday!1523
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763885
    4. What an absolute disgrace2148

See more discussions