wanting to buy something from the USA - will exchange rate change?

11 replies
Found 18th Aug 2009
I'm wanting to buy something from the USA, is the rate falling at the moment or is the exchange rate at the moment good? I'm not desperate for the item and want to get a good deal

thanks

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
9 Comments

its been slowly improving, but who knows x x

How much value are we talking?

If anybody knew that for certain they would be making a killing on exchanging money.
The rate is good compared to earlier in the year but crap compared to 2 years ago.
Unless anything major happens chances are that it will take months to make more than a few percent difference - but you just never know and it could go either way.

Original Poster

It's around $500, just wish the rates were as good as a few years ago...thanks for your help.

froggy*;6049707

It's around $500, just wish the rates were as good as a few years … It's around $500, just wish the rates were as good as a few years ago...thanks for your help.

It's not worth worrying about at that value. Max you'll be out of pocket is probably $5 if the rates drop 1%.

its the customs charges you wan to watch they are pretty bad.

greyparrot;6049850

+1... + the handling fee is using Royal Mail/ParcelForce if you got charged

greyparrot;6049850

Always get stuff shipped to my bro in Florida, who then sends on and ticks GIFT. Saved me a fortune.

vinylandtrinkets;6050163

LOL This is what i always do my brother lives in Orlando. ive had him … LOL This is what i always do my brother lives in Orlando. ive had him send my hundreds of pounds worth of stuff at christmas time, he always marks them as personal and so far ive never had a customs charge.i do the same thing when i look at walmart and target sites email him the item he goes get it and posts it home and i pay the amount on his Uk credit card. it has saved me hundrends over the years

Sometimes, just sometimes, family are great :whistling:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. amazon echo idiots guide812
    2. Credit Card Debt Question...1017
    3. Google maps on Plusnet44
    4. What is gearbest like on warranty?55

See more discussions