Wanting to make a birthday special Xbox/PC

Found 29th Jun
I did write a long story bout a friend but thought might be too much. Basically I'm looking for somewhere I can either get donations or stuff very cheap.
Friend has literally zero entertainment, no tv, no internet, PC is almost 20yrs old so its barely functional, no games console or anything.
So looking for stuff like HD flat screen, any size, PC base, keyboard, mouse -parts if better as i could always build one, doesn't need to be top range either as he'd be using linux mostly and playing old games like Command and Conquer.
Xbox 360 and games
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Freecycle.
Original Poster
Norseg5 m ago

Wait has a PC but no internet? What on earth does a PC do without internet …Wait has a PC but no internet? What on earth does a PC do without internet

Since he doesn't have the internet or a TV, he uses it to watch stuff. I've given him a copy of Breaking bad, Game of thrones, some dvds to watch.
It's free to join the library, reading books is good for you.
drewbles8255 m ago

Since he doesn't have the internet or a TV, he uses it to watch stuff. …Since he doesn't have the internet or a TV, he uses it to watch stuff. I've given him a copy of Breaking bad, Game of thrones, some dvds to watch.

I bet he still uses magazines, you know what for

Just wondering do you buy the tv shows/movies? I thought of a good idea for a gift buy a 1tb external drive, download a bunch of 'free' movies for him (download movies which are on IMDB'S Top 250 list which he hasn't watched and would like)
Edited by: "Norseg" 1st Jul
Norseg13 m ago

I bet he still uses magazines, you know what for Just wondering do you …I bet he still uses magazines, you know what for Just wondering do you buy the tv shows/movies? I thought of a good idea for a gift buy a 1tb external drive, download a bunch of 'free' movies for him (download movies which are on IMDB'S Top 250 list which he hasn't watched and would like)

What he going to watch it on? Dude hasn't got a telly,
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 1st Jul
RiverDragon825 m ago

What he going to watch it on? Dude hasn't got a telly,

OP says he has a computer so he can plug the drive into his PC
Norseg11 m ago

OP says he has a computer so he can plug the drive into his PC

You're right. From my understanding I don't think OP would want to spend i.e £40+ on a 1 TB external drive. You can buy a PC with that.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 1st Jul
RiverDragon82 h, 4 m ago

You're right. From my understanding I don't think OP would want to spend …You're right. From my understanding I don't think OP would want to spend i.e £40+ on a 1 TB external drive. You can buy a PC with that.

It will run like dog though and only if you build it or get it used

I don't know who the hell uses a £40 PC unless you're using at some emulator
Edited by: "Norseg" 1st Jul
Norseg48 m ago

It will run like dog though and only if you build it or get it usedI …It will run like dog though and only if you build it or get it usedI don't know who the hell uses a £40 PC unless you're using at some emulator

You can buy a used £40+ usable PC. Ebay.com might have 20% off on July 4th. I've seen 2nd gen i3's go for £55 on there.
If I was in his/her position id want more important things than a games console or pc
Don’t go down the route of console. It limits his options on what he can use it for.
While cheaper PC for gaming may not be as immersive, he can at least build skills with it.
Why does your friend have so little entertainment? If it’s a mental illness it may not necessarily be a good idea to provide an avenue of escapism.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants