warburtons bread

Found 2nd Aug 2011
do vegetarians eat E920?
i mean, i have seen this ingredient in warburtons bread but it is approved by the vegetarian society?
does anyone have any insights on how this could be?

12 Comments

E920 is L-Cysteine, the two main sources being from Animal Fat (Often Pork) & Human Hair.

Not sure why it is approved tbh.

Banned

There is a synthetic version.

Original Poster

is there? i wasn't sure and from looking on the internet (google) some other answers suggest that it may not be synthetic as they say it is vegetarian but dont necessarily state that the e920 is not acquired from animals. but, i dont know

Maybe they use the lentil variety?

Banned

xbox-360-elite

is there? i wasn't sure and from looking on the internet (google) some … is there? i wasn't sure and from looking on the internet (google) some other answers suggest that it may not be synthetic as they say it is vegetarian but dont necessarily state that the e920 is not acquired from animals. but, i dont know

There is a synthetic version
vrg.org/nut…htm

Original Poster

thanks

Banned

xbox-360-elite

thanks

Now whether Warburtons use that synthetic version is another matter

My g/f is a vegetarian and Warburtons is pretty much only bread she will buy.I'm not going to tell her there is any debate about this!

Banned

greatest666

Now whether Warburtons use that synthetic version is another matter :pMy … Now whether Warburtons use that synthetic version is another matter :pMy g/f is a vegetarian and Warburtons is pretty much only bread she will buy.I'm not going to tell her there is any debate about this!

dont worry I'll tell her tonight

I am not sure why you would care. It is an animal by-product. No animals were killed to get it - they are killed for meat and this is just an efficient use of the corpse that would be on route to the incinerator.

If you are a veggie and refuse anything with animal by-products in it then throw away your washing powder, cosmetics, soap, shampoo, household cleaners, medicines, fire extinguisher - the list goes on and on.
Edited by: "alternate" 3rd Aug 2011

lumoruk

dont worry I'll tell her tonight

too late.. beat u to it, oh and she definately eats meat

Original Poster

Im not a veggie myself but i wanted to know. I may try contactin warburtons/ the veg society. Thanks for your help

xbox-360-elite

Im not a veggie myself but i wanted to know. I may try contactin … Im not a veggie myself but i wanted to know. I may try contactin warburtons/ the veg society. Thanks for your help

Why?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions