Wardrobe organiser...

Posted 13th Jul
Hi all,

Need some help / advice!

I am planning to organise my wardrobe, since the rail has fallen off (clearly too many clothes which will be on its way too charity once I have had a clear out) I will attempt to get the rail fixed but god knows if It will happen - any easy methods ? Would some strong glue work?

To give you an idea of the wardrobe. It’s one fairly big wardrobe. So I have a shelf at the top and below that was once where the rail was and that it is. Now I need to find an alternative storage organiser that I can fit in to this wardrobe to make life easier.

The other part of the wardrobe as it’s separated from the other part but is still one whole unit has shelves.

Anyone got any helpful advice as to where I should purchase something to help with organising my wardrobe from at a reasonable price etc ?

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
19 Comments
Can’t you either re-fit the pole?
or get a new one to fit?

I assume the sides of the pole fitting have warped a little and either resetting what you have with some brackets (what I did for the same problem) or getting a longer pole and jobs done?!
The sides of the pole have also come off which is an issue in itself
i am not aware of anything you can buy to fit into a wardrobe.

sounds like that hanging rail needs to be fixed or replaced. it may help if you post a picture of the damaged rail.
Try Ikea, they have loads of boxes, boxes with draws etc. They have wardrobe storage/ organisers as well. B & Q have replacement rails plus fixings
mutley114/07/2020 00:17

i am not aware of anything you can buy to fit into a wardrobe. sounds …i am not aware of anything you can buy to fit into a wardrobe. sounds like that hanging rail needs to be fixed or replaced. it may help if you post a picture of the damaged rail.

I would but I need to clear the wardrobe first! Haven’t got round to it yet
Rose514/07/2020 06:59

Try Ikea, they have loads of boxes, boxes with draws etc. They have …Try Ikea, they have loads of boxes, boxes with draws etc. They have wardrobe storage/ organisers as well. B & Q have replacement rails plus fixings

I shall have a look thanks
no suggestion for the rail.. but when sorting, check out the Marie Kondo method - it's fab
samwants2save14/07/2020 08:18

no suggestion for the rail.. but when sorting, check out the Marie Kondo …no suggestion for the rail.. but when sorting, check out the Marie Kondo method - it's fab

Will do thank you
Wardrobes are constructed in different ways. Some have rails hanging from the top, others have them resting on ledges at the side, others still have a bracket around the pole that screws into the frame.

Without any idea of how your current rail is attached or where the structural frame of your wardrobe (if it has one) runs relative to the rail it's hard to suggest anything.

Glue will work in some circumstances, but you'd generally want a large surface area and materials that won't split into layers. Trying to glue the end of a 1" hollow metal pole isn't going to work.
Upload a few photos of the issue
Sorry here you go, I have only had chance this morning to clear the wardrobe
41486924-MoSLB.jpg
41486924-keq6K.jpg
41486924-bpQW9.jpg
looks like you can just put the pole back on the holders? just slot it in?
Unscrew one of the holders and get a thin piece of wood.

Put the wood against the wardrobe side, and then position the holder onto the wood (so the wood is sandwiched between the wardrobe side & the holder). This will make the space between the two pole holders shorter & resolve your issue

Screw back in place.

Put pole on.

Put clothes on.
mutley125/07/2020 12:53

Based upon your pictures, this should work.

hold the rail directly above the metal holders and slide it in.

(You may need to slightly tilt the pole while lowering it into place)

Also, the shelf may get in your way, so you may need to take the shelf out first (it will probably lift off, but again may need a slight tilt - I recommend that you get someone to help you with this because it may be difficult to lift on its own.
- Also, the shelf has a slight bow in it, probably due to the weight of stuff that you had on it. If you put it back upside down, then the weight of your stuff will straighten it back out over time)
Edited by: "Helpful567" 25th Jul
Helpful56725/07/2020 13:16

Based upon your pictures, this should work.hold the rail directly above …Based upon your pictures, this should work.hold the rail directly above the metal holders and slide it in.(You may need to slightly tilt the pole while lowering it into place)Also, the shelf may get in your way, so you may need to take the shelf out first (it will probably lift off, but again may need a slight tilt - I recommend that you get someone to help you with this because it may be difficult to lift on its own.- Also, the shelf has a slight bow in it, probably due to the weight of stuff that you had on it. If you put it back upside down, then the weight of your stuff will straighten it back out over time)

Hahaa re shelf yeah too many things but that’s a good idea thanks

Thank you for the advice very helpful
sicklysweet25/07/2020 12:58

Unscrew one of the holders and get a thin piece of wood.Put the wood …Unscrew one of the holders and get a thin piece of wood.Put the wood against the wardrobe side, and then position the holder onto the wood (so the wood is sandwiched between the wardrobe side & the holder). This will make the space between the two pole holders shorter & resolve your issueScrew back in place.Put pole on.Put clothes on.

Thank you
mutley125/07/2020 12:53

Will give it a go together with the other advice thank you
mutley125/07/2020 15:09

you can get something like this and hang it on the rail if you like small …you can get something like this and hang it on the rail if you like small pigeon holes https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hanging-Wardrobe-Storage-Sweater-Organiser/dp/B002IJORGY/ref=asc_df_B002IJORGY/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=272013247845&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13045411788694116393&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9045852&hvtargid=pla-401641074856&psc=1

Lol @ pigeon holes but might be useful for the odd smaller items thanks x
Post a comment
@
    Text