Wardrobe, what to do

Posted 8th Mar
Hi All,

Looking to get wardrobe for a bedroom, 250cm, 3 door sliding. Confused between built-in or normal ones. The price difference is significant.

Really need help and suggestions for which one to go for.

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
If you have the money I recommend a built in as it saves so much room and looks so much better
8 Comments
Ikea
If you have the money I recommend a built in as it saves so much room and looks so much better
Get a normal one. You might need more space or want to change it around in the future. Ikea is the best and affordable option
ikea pax, design your own.
If you do for a fitted one and have it against an exterior masonary wall, then I would suggest insulating the back of the wardrobe, otherwise the wall will get cold in winter so you'll get condensation forming on it which will cause mould on your clothing and create a good environment for clothes moth.

And don't use flammable insulation like polystyrene than would give off toxic fumes if you had a fire.
Edited by: "melted" 9th Mar
AMaky09/03/2020 00:23

ikea pax, design your own.

I did see ikea pax quite a lot. What is it? Are these built-in into the wall or free standing?

Two issues bothering me

1. Cost
2. Time taken to fit the wardrobe

Undoubtedly, built-in would be the best, and i am aware of the condensation. I wanted to do it myself, how easy is it to diy?
haa051809/03/2020 04:21

I did see ikea pax quite a lot. What is it? Are these built-in into the …I did see ikea pax quite a lot. What is it? Are these built-in into the wall or free standing? Two issues bothering me1. Cost2. Time taken to fit the wardrobeUndoubtedly, built-in would be the best, and i am aware of the condensation. I wanted to do it myself, how easy is it to diy?

you can build it in or leave free standing.
doesn't take long to put together
I'm not a huge fan of Ikea furniture, it's pretty basic and not that strong, looks are just ok.

Making it yourself will take a fair amount of time - you need good tools and laminated wood is not that cheap to work with, plus if you cut it you need to re-laminate any edges that are exposed.

If you pay a company to build a bespoke wardrobe they charge you the earth, but they will fit it for you.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants