Warm Home Discount 2019/20 is now open for Shell Energy Customers

Posted 18th OctEdited by:"devinn"
''The Warm Home Discount Scheme 2019/20 is now open. It means that qualifying customers can get a rebate of £140 on their winter electricity costs. Before applying for the scheme please check your eligibility''

shellenergy.co.uk/ser…unt
Community Updates
Misc
5 Comments
Unless they have fired all their old First Utility staff i'd avoid like the plague. This company caused me hassles for over 2 years when we moved into our new house.
m1keyp1key18/10/2019 07:04

Unless they have fired all their old First Utility staff i'd avoid like …Unless they have fired all their old First Utility staff i'd avoid like the plague. This company caused me hassles for over 2 years when we moved into our new house.

Yes, Recently had 6 months of hell. I ended up complaining and the complaints guy was actually very good but still took a very long time really.
.MUFC.18/10/2019 11:47

Yes, Recently had 6 months of hell. I ended up complaining and the …Yes, Recently had 6 months of hell. I ended up complaining and the complaints guy was actually very good but still took a very long time really.

If they claim you owe them money and you don't, and you get it sorted make sure you get it in writing or you might get a letter 6 months later claiming again.

I was lucky that i got it in writing that my account was clear and kept the letter as it all kicked off again out of the blue.
Edited by: "m1keyp1key" 18th Oct
m1keyp1key18/10/2019 13:24

If they claim you owe them money and you don't, and you get it sorted make …If they claim you owe them money and you don't, and you get it sorted make sure you get it in writing or you might get a letter 6 months later claiming again. I was lucky that i got it in writing that my account was clear and kept the letter as it all kicked off again out of the blue.

My problem was my Smets 2 smart meter from previous supplier. It was a dual rate. I joined Shell on a single rate tariff as they told me they could update the smart meter to single rate etc.. However they couldn't communicate with it and had to dispute opening readings etc.. Anyway they eventually rectified it and kept me on the tariff but accepted 2 readings as one which meant updating my account etc.. Fortunately I didn't run up a debt in that time and was just about in credit.

Now they've sorted it I'm switching to another supplier that is cheaper.
Mine was that when we moved in we didnt get a bill for about 4 months. When we did it was on First Utilities monthly bill and it was about twice the price the previous occupants were paying.

First Utility argued that its common practice for everyone to move new occupants over to a monthly bill. My arguement was if it was a monthly bill then why didn't i get one after 1 month so i could see how much i was being ripped off for and switch.

Anyway it got sorted and they sided with me eventually and put me on a cheaper tariff but i switched anyway or at least tried to and they blocked me 3 times, each time saying sorry it was their mistake and it was now sorted. They took so long messing me around that the new tariff i was trying to join had finished and they made me miss out on it.

There's plenty more to the story as it drags on for ages, but i think you see the common theme here. They say they sort stuff and they don't bother doing anything.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants