Warm Home Discount Scheme is back.. £140 for eligible customers

Found 30th Apr
This is a heads up that from everything i have read it looks like the warm home discount scheme will continue...

i fully expect the usual grumbles about how does not apply to everyone but i guess not all deals do apply to everyone.... but you know if it doesn't help you, you could maybe pass this info on to someone who it might apply too.. even after all these years so many don't know this help is available.. as for the rest who grudge people in poverty help... rather than get annoyed you could choose to just scroll on by .. the sun is shining (well it was here today) and there is better things to get worked up about... have a good one everyone

further info ...
There is a proposed a number of changes to the Warm Home Discount Scheme for winter 2018 to 2019. Under these proposals the scheme would continue to provide direct energy bill rebate of £140 to over 2 million low income and vulnerable households.

They are also proposing issuing regulations which would cover the scheme until 2020 to 2021. This would not prevent a reform of the scheme eligibility in future years.

The consultation was aimed at all those with an interest in fuel poverty policies, especially those interested in the Warm Home Discount. In particular we’re seeking views from affected individuals, energy suppliers, fuel poverty and consumer organisations.

Anyway for anyone who has no idea what I'm talking about the link below shows how it worked in previous years and once i get full conformation i will update this post with this years details and links..

hotukdeals.com/dea…387
Community Updates
GOV.UK DealsMisc
10 Comments
Not live with e.on yet. But you can "register your interest"
nicmall5 m ago

Not live with e.on yet. But you can "register your interest"

aye it can be as late as august before some companies will go live or update their websites but most should should start updating their websites in the coming weeks .. and i will start pulling it together those who already have in the next few days ..if its like previous years there is likely to be limited funds so it goes to those who first apply and why i like to post this as early on in the year as i can.
Not available with BG yet just had a payment back in march too early to apply
FamilyGuy677 m ago

Not available with BG yet just had a payment back in march too early to …Not available with BG yet just had a payment back in march too early to apply

i think this could be the case with most companies but in previous years they do start updating now and by end of july all will be accepting applications.. just trying to provide a bit of reassurance to those who rely on it that it will be there again this year
FamilyGuy6712 m ago

Not available with BG yet just had a payment back in march too early to …Not available with BG yet just had a payment back in march too early to apply

Same here, on BG also, I applied way back in Sept I think, and thought I wasn't going to receive it, so the £140 a couple of weeks back was a nice much needed surprise
Edited by: "malnuman" 30th Apr
malnuman5 m ago

Same here, on BG also, I applied way back in Sept I think, and …Same here, on BG also, I applied way back in Sept I think, and thought I wasn't going to receive it, so the £140 a couple of weeks back was a nice much needed surprise

Same here.
Got letter saying no. Next day letter says yes ?.
Go figure.
Oh crap. I got 2 jobs. Can't get this deal. I'm voting hot but is cold in my house.
Did mine through sse went onto meter back in January
malnuman37 m ago

Same here, on BG also, I applied way back in Sept I think, and …Same here, on BG also, I applied way back in Sept I think, and thought I wasn't going to receive it, so the £140 a couple of weeks back was a nice much needed surprise

Helps buy some Xbox x games.
stevesipmax7 m ago

Helps buy some Xbox x games.

Lol, good spot! but sadly no, all been fed to my very hungry leccy meter!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants