Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Warm Weather In Europe In February

Posted 10th Feb
Hi all,

Was having a search for the warmest places in Europe next week for half term holidays.

Would it be the Canary Islands? If so, is any one island warmer than the others?

Also, any preference for any of the islands in particular? Tenerife and Gran Canaria seems to be coming up more online over Lanzarote and Fuerteventura. Any better for kids (age 2 & niece age 9).

Wanted to get away for a few days if possible and affordable. Is it better to buy flights separately and book hotel separately, as not looking for a package holiday at the moment.

All help appreciated as always x
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

23 Comments
Sharm in Egypt has just come back as a destination after 4 yrs of no one going there because of the problems, there are some really cheap deals at the moment in an effort to draw people back. Its about the same flying time as the islands you mention. Worth a look, Tui and First Choice ( both the same company ) are the main operators, but check the same deal on both sites as one can be cheaper than the other. Happy hunting....
st8mike10/02/2020 19:02

Sharm in Egypt has just come back as a destination after 4 yrs of no one …Sharm in Egypt has just come back as a destination after 4 yrs of no one going there because of the problems, there are some really cheap deals at the moment in an effort to draw people back. Its about the same flying time as the islands you mention. Worth a look, Tui and First Choice ( both the same company ) are the main operators, but check the same deal on both sites as one can be cheaper than the other. Happy hunting....

Thank you very much. Both tour operators aren’t offering Egypt for next week unfortunately, but Egypt is available for later on in the year so will look into booking that for later on

Been searching the past few hours but can’t find anything at the moment.
Lanzarote can be quite windy but plenty to do on tenerife, not been to gran canaria so can offer advice there. Other options could be Cape Verde but it can be very quiet there.
My mum always goes to Cape Verde. It's one of the safest holiday destinations. Very safe and very cheap. It's like the canary islands but further down and Portuguese
Canary Islands, Cape Verdi, Morocco Tunisia, Malta, Greece, Sicily, Turkey or Israel.

They will be the ones with the best weather. I know Morocco, Tunisia is in North Africa but worth a punt for the weather.
Edited by: "Willy_Wonka" 10th Feb
Just saying but last February we had a heatwave here had a bbq

the year before went to the Great British seaside had a great time beautiful sunny weather.
warm not so much
Bandicoot10/02/2020 20:47

Lanzarote can be quite windy but plenty to do on tenerife, not been to …Lanzarote can be quite windy but plenty to do on tenerife, not been to gran canaria so can offer advice there. Other options could be Cape Verde but it can be very quiet there.

Thank you. Yes I’ve just read about Cape Verde being quiet but I just need to get away really, doesn’t even have to be the full 7 days. 4/5 nights is fine, only just decided this morning that we would go so I’m still searching now. Thank you x
Wongy11010/02/2020 21:30

Just saying but last February we had a heatwave here had a bbq the …Just saying but last February we had a heatwave here had a bbq the year before went to the Great British seaside had a great time beautiful sunny weather.warm not so much

See, I’m looking outside my bedroom window and it’s pretty stormy here lol but I’m trying to see the positives if I don’t manage to book anything.

Great British weather, it’s brilliant! Could easily have a heat wave next week. But probably not this year!
Thank you all for your advice. Truly appreciate it x

Gonna keep searching and really try to get something booked, just need a few days away...
Every option suggested is in North Africa
Been to all the Canary Islands multiple times, we prefer Fuertaventura or Lanzarote but that's just personal choice and preferring more laid back resorts. Weather is pretty much the same across the islands and is usually nice and warm in February. If you haven't been before i'd just choose the best price/flights and go for it, can't really go wrong in winter as even the busier resorts are ok at this time of year.
Not sure of where you are flying from but latedeals.co.uk would be my first port of call.
bozo00710/02/2020 22:13

Every option suggested is in North Africa

Geography not good?

Canary Islands, Cape Verdi, Morocco Tunisia, Malta, Greece, Sicily, Turkey or Israel.
Lanzarote forecast is excellent next week. Unfortunately, holidays are far more expensive there since the demise of Thomas Cook
What's your budget? School holidays are crazy expensive so you're looking at about £1500-£2000 for 4 people
chocci11/02/2020 07:50

What's your budget? School holidays are crazy expensive so you're looking …What's your budget? School holidays are crazy expensive so you're looking at about £1500-£2000 for 4 people

I know it’s just ridiculous that they are penalising families who can only really travel within the academic school year holidays.

I’ve booked only 5 nights (not even the full week) for just over £2000 which is astronomical but I need to get away x
Duggie200011/02/2020 03:38

Not sure of where you are flying from but latedeals.co.uk would be my …Not sure of where you are flying from but latedeals.co.uk would be my first port of call.

Thank you, have bookmarked it for later in the year x
Hennah11/02/2020 11:40

I know it’s just ridiculous that they are penalising families who can only …I know it’s just ridiculous that they are penalising families who can only really travel within the academic school year holidays. I’ve booked only 5 nights (not even the full week) for just over £2000 which is astronomical but I need to get away x

not penalising, just supply & demand. they cant have spare planes and pilots just for school holidays.
chocci11/02/2020 12:30

not penalising, just supply & demand. they cant have spare planes and …not penalising, just supply & demand. they cant have spare planes and pilots just for school holidays.

Of course it’s penalising against families. Check the week before and the week after, the price drop is significant. If not the case, then why hike up the price and hit families the hardest?

Nothing to do with supply & demand at all. It’s a business. They are there to make money, they will milk families for every last penny.
Edited by: "Hennah" 11th Feb
Hennah11/02/2020 13:33

Of course it’s penalising against families. Check the week before and the w …Of course it’s penalising against families. Check the week before and the week after, the price drop is significant. If not the case, then why hike up the price and hit families the hardest? Nothing to do with supply & demand at all. It’s a business. They are there to make money, they will milk families for every last penny.

absolute nonsense. of course its supply & demand which dictates the prices they charge. They arent running a charity and have a duty to maximise profits for their shareholders. Demand is highest during school holidays so obviously weeks either side will be cheaper as less demand.
chocci11/02/2020 16:47

absolute nonsense. of course its supply & demand which dictates the prices …absolute nonsense. of course its supply & demand which dictates the prices they charge. They arent running a charity and have a duty to maximise profits for their shareholders. Demand is highest during school holidays so obviously weeks either side will be cheaper as less demand.

Not nonsense at all.

They take the proverbial with families as they know families can’t travel at any other time of the year when children of school age are travelling.

Anyway I’m going on holiday and that’s all
I care about right now so take from it what you will. Not bothered about some crap confrontation with anyone. Not my thing. Live and let live.

Holiday mode
chocci11/02/2020 07:42

Geography not good? Canary Islands, Cape Verdi, Morocco Tunisia, Malta, …Geography not good? Canary Islands, Cape Verdi, Morocco Tunisia, Malta, Greece, Sicily, Turkey or Israel.

Morocco, Tunisia, Israel are in Europe? Canary Islands and Cape Verde are also off the coast of Africa.
bozo00711/02/2020 21:42

Morocco, Tunisia, Israel are in Europe? Canary Islands and Cape Verde are …Morocco, Tunisia, Israel are in Europe? Canary Islands and Cape Verde are also off the coast of Africa.

So not all African then like you said lol
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants