Groups
    EXPIRED

Warning: 7dayshop.com hacked

If you've ordered anything recently I'd be on the phone to them making sure their credit card database hasn't been compromised too. Might be worth contacting your bank just to be sure.

Credit goes here for first spotting it hotukdeals.com/ite…ut/

thought it deserved it's own thread to make everyone aware.

13 Comments

PS Don't visit the link - not safe for work!

How recent we talking?

Think they use a third-party service for payments don't they so *touch wood* card details etc won't have been compromised...

seriously hackers are soooo sad, what the hell does it show other then they have to much time on there hand and can hack a site for a few hours/maybe a day

Original Poster

deathtrap3000;4378290

How recent we talking?

all depends on how long they keep their records i suppose. If you create an account and store your credit card details then it won't matter how long, they will be there :?

Original Poster

Dub1;4378314

seriously hackers are soooo sad, what the hell does it show other then … seriously hackers are soooo sad, what the hell does it show other then they have to much time on there hand and can hack a site for a few hours/maybe a day

it show's that you can't trust these companies to keep our data safe. They should be prosecuted for not protecting their site, it's not hard to keep your servers up-to-date and patched against any vulnerabilities!

Dub1;4378314

seriously hackers are soooo sad, what the hell does it show other then … seriously hackers are soooo sad, what the hell does it show other then they have to much time on there hand and can hack a site for a few hours/maybe a day

Customer with a grudge maybe.

The downtime will eat into their profits.

jah128;4378295

Think they use a third-party service for payments don't they so *touch … Think they use a third-party service for payments don't they so *touch wood* card details etc won't have been compromised...

They do use a third party for payments so hopefully card details will be safe

yea but who says your data is stored in the same place there hosting/site is, i would be very suprised if any details where left in the same place as there hosting files/data etc

SunTzu;4378327

it show's that you can't trust these companies to keep our data safe. … it show's that you can't trust these companies to keep our data safe. They should be prosecuted for not protecting their site, it's not hard to keep your servers up-to-date and patched against any vulnerabilities!

To be honest, if you were stealing people's card information then I doubt you'd draw attention to yourself. I have a feeling that this is a bit of a "pride" hacking... just doing it because they can...

your credir card details could just as easily be "hacked" by the guy at the corner shop, or the garage, or the local supermarket

probably makes sense to just keep an eye on your transaction history etc

***** Site

Thanks for heads up.:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Virgin Media TV56
      2. Do you use a case on your iPhone?33
      3. Tooth extraction99
      4. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?611

See more discussions