WARNING - ARGOS GAME PRE-ORDERS!

9 replies
Found 18th Aug 2009
This is just a quick heads up! i placed and order of 5 games from argos when they had the 20% off pre-orders on games. After waiting 6 days after the release of one of the games i had ordered i rang them up to find out where the games was and was told that because i had placed all the games in one order i wasnt going to recieve any of the order even though they had already taken the money from my account. They said that its in there policy that you can only order one game at a time in seperate orders not in one whole order. I wasnt aware of this and was wondering if anybody else had done the same. They wernt even going to contact me and i would be still waiting to this day if i hadnt rang up to find out where are cricket games was. I have now had to cancel the whole order and get a refund and they wont even let me re-order seperate and still get the 20% discount as the offer has finished! Sorry to rant just really annoyed! Anybody this trading standards can do anything about this even no the order has now been cancelled??????

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
9 Comments

you should have spoken with trading standards before cancelling order, nothing you can do know

Reads like a rant as well, without the paragraphs.

Original Poster

Abvance;6050070

Reads like a rant as well, without the paragraphs.

sorry im just really annoyed!

nkje02;6050121

sorry im just really annoyed!

The whole point is to stop you selling them on.

Which I'm guessing you bought 5 of the same copies to probably do that to..

Because I'm sure they'd let you order eg. Modern Warfare 2 and Halo ODST at the same time.

Original Poster

t0mm;6050170

The whole point is to stop you selling them on.Which I'm guessing you … The whole point is to stop you selling them on.Which I'm guessing you bought 5 of the same copies to probably do that to..Because I'm sure they'd let you order eg. Modern Warfare 2 and Halo ODST at the same time.

no i ordered:

ashes cricket 09
professer layton and pandoras box
mario & sonic the olympic winter
MAG
rock band lego

they were for my sons birthday

nkje02;6050203

no i ordered:ashes cricket 09professer layton and pandoras boxmario & … no i ordered:ashes cricket 09professer layton and pandoras boxmario & sonic the olympic winterMAGrock band legothey were for my sons birthday

Says this on the website:
PLEASE NOTE: Only 1 game per order - when pre-ordering more than 1 game, please place separate orders for each game.

I remember when I gotten mine 1, It said if ordering more than 1 to do it on separate orders.
maybe someone else can confirm this.
Unluckly anyhow lad..!

You have been treated very unfairly. Customer Services can be rubbish at times. Im afraid the stores wouldnt be able to help either now the order is cancelled!

*It does clearly state on the site that you should only place single orders for games.

After speaking to customer services, the reason you wasnt informed about your order is because it was flagged on the system as 'unprocessed, pending'. The reason being that with AD orders all the items in the order has to be in stock to be sent out in one delivery, its just the way the system works. You would think that a company like argos would have a better system in place to combat such problems!
The only thing I can advise is to call Argos customer services up, give your order number, explain the situation saying you can now see that it does state one game per order, however, you would like to re-order the titles seperatly and would like the original offer honoured. If they wont do it ask to be sent through to the IT Servicedesk dept, and explain the situation again. They may be willing to do something their side.

Even if the system doesnt allow them to override the price, they should be able to re-order at full price and refund the difference by the form of a check.

Original Poster

t0mm;6050224

Says this on the website:PLEASE NOTE: Only 1 game per order - when … Says this on the website:PLEASE NOTE: Only 1 game per order - when pre-ordering more than 1 game, please place separate orders for each game.

it only says that if you click on the item, i didnt even see that as i just added items straight to basket without clicking on the information of the product as i new what i was ordering and didnt need to see the information of the games
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Add one, leave one game54415464
    2. Anyone else bored of video gaming2952
    3. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…52115
    4. Wuntu codes give away22

See more discussions