Warning before buying a preowned/used xbox one

Found 4th Aug 2014
This is a warning before purchasing a used Xbox one as many people used this method and are selling at reduced price which will get console banned in matter of time
. There is a method which you can Google to find out more, it's about SE( social engineering) to get a free replacement Xbox one . Many people have abused and done this method and ended up with over 5 consoles when they're supposed to return first one, but abused method with fake addresses. After viewing Xbox forums I have seen many people have been banned. So before purchasing an used Xbox one , be warned it can be a SE Xbox one
Community Updates
MiscXboxXbox One
12 Comments
bullet9t9

...SE Xbox one

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/2083590/nudge-nudge-o.gif
Yeah, best not buy just a console without the cables ect...

If buying secondhand, check everything out first. Maybe even check it has the original box with matching serial numbers!
Edited by: "joshp" 4th Aug 2014
I was going to buy an Xbox one used as I seen them going cheap , but won't take that risk
joshp

Yeah, best not buy just a console without the cables ect...If buying … Yeah, best not buy just a console without the cables ect...If buying secondhand, check everything out first. Maybe even check it has the original box with matching serial numbers!

But a xbox one seller could easily spend a few quid to get the cables together....
J4GG4

But a xbox one seller could easily spend a few quid to get the cables … But a xbox one seller could easily spend a few quid to get the cables together....

Also if they do that scam, Microsoft will send them new replacement box with different serial numbers . So will be hard to identify
bullet9t9

Also if they do that scam, Microsoft will send them new replacement box … Also if they do that scam, Microsoft will send them new replacement box with different serial numbers . So will be hard to identify

Oh, so they get a replacement and box too with matching serials numbers? I never knew they also send the box but okay. That is certainly new to me!

Also obviously cables can be bought for a few quid BUT the box was my point, never mind!
Edited by: "joshp" 4th Aug 2014
joshp

Oh, so they get a replacement and box too with matching serials numbers? … Oh, so they get a replacement and box too with matching serials numbers? I never knew the also send the box but okay. Obviously cables can be bought for a few quid BUT the box was my point, never mind!

Not sure , but few told me about this. I may be wrong.
Im sure Microsoft held a charge on the persons bank account till they received the console back if this is the same "Advanced Exchanged".

Here is the info:
Advance exchange: Microsoft will send a replacement product to you first, and then you'll send back your non-working item. There are a few important things to note about advance exchange:

You must provide credit card details for an advance exchange. A hold in the amount of £420 will be placed on your credit card for an Xbox One console or £130 for a Kinect sensor advance exchange.
You're responsible for sending the non-working product in within 14 days after receiving the replacement product to avoid having your credit card charged.

So if it is the same thing the person attempting the scam will be left a nice bill which they wont recoup with the cheap sell of price.

Sorry if this is the wrong thing.
Edited by: "Karlf1986" 4th Aug 2014
it's about social engineering...erm no it has absolutely nothing to do with social engineering
Karlf1986

Im sure Microsoft held a charge on the persons bank account till they … Im sure Microsoft held a charge on the persons bank account till they received the console back if this is the same "Advanced Exchanged".Here is the info:Advance exchange: Microsoft will send a replacement product to you first, and then you'll send back your non-working item. There are a few important things to note about advance exchange:You must provide credit card details for an advance exchange. A hold in the amount of £420 will be placed on your credit card for an Xbox One console or £130 for a Kinect sensor advance exchange.You're responsible for sending the non-working product in within 14 days after receiving the replacement product to avoid having your credit card charged.So if it is the same thing the person attempting the scam will be left a nice bill which they wont recoup with the cheap sell of price.Sorry if this is the wrong thing.

People used fake card etc. Theres a forum where people were doing that. I just read it to inform others. As I was close to buying a cheap Xbox one used from hukd , but won't take risk. So was just warning others as I seen people in the past selling Xbox one without any accessories
bullet9t9

People used fake card etc. Theres a forum where people were doing that. I … People used fake card etc. Theres a forum where people were doing that. I just read it to inform others. As I was close to buying a cheap Xbox one used from hukd , but won't take risk. So was just warning others as I seen people in the past selling Xbox one without any accessories

nah thats fair enough, good shout.
I'm sorry bullet but links or you are again full of ****
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants