WARNING! Check your Tesco clubcard account and make sure your vouchers are still there!

LocalFound 4th Sep 2013
I checked my Tesco clubcard balance and it seems some scumbag in Manchester spent over £200 of Tesco clubcard vouchers I've been saving up for years on the 22nd August!
I've emailed customer services and hope they reinstate them as obviously the account has been hacked.
I'll change the password now but it's only recently happened so they must have been hacked again.
Community Updates
Misc
25 Comments
Original Poster
The scumbag used all of my vouchers in Manchester.
I've never even been to Manchester.

Screenshot of vouchers used:

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab3/sickly_sweet_photos/Tescoscumbag_zps1cdfd23d.png
Report this to the police, it's fraud! Scum bags, bring back the stocks!
welll... i would say this is i felt guilty cos id been to manchester...

was probably

alex fergusson

I love sir Alex, he rocks.
The city itself stinks!
pimmzy

I love sir Alex, he rocks. The city itself stinks!

I live there. Please elaborate
doesn't really need a "WARNING" in the title

you could warn us about everything, banking, paypal, ebay, littlewoods

this is not something we all need to check for asap, it's just your clubcard which has been compromised

possibly something related to below and you didn't receive any notice about it?

computerworlduk.com/new…ed/

edit: I see the first date is February, which is when it was happening, I would contact them, mention the above and then find the MSE(but close your eyes so you don't see HIS face) link and see what was said about it at the time
Edited by: "dataload" 4th Sep 2013
I'm very sorry to hear this Sweets

Contact Tesco Immediately and explain the situation to them, they will help

See the below links for info regarding this, hope this helps!.

Info

Info 2

Report Fraud Here too

I hope this all gets sorted for you
Lucifer_UK

welll... i would say this is i felt guilty cos id been to … welll... i would say this is i felt guilty cos id been to manchester...was probablyalex fergusson

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7d/AlexFergussonMSP20110511.jpg
Crime capital of the world, you not read the papers recently!
Original Poster
dataload

doesn't really need a "WARNING" in the titleyou could warn us about … doesn't really need a "WARNING" in the titleyou could warn us about everything, banking, paypal, ebay, littlewoodsthis is not something we all need to check for asap, it's just your clubcard which has been compromisedpossibly something related to below and you didn't receive any notice about it?http://www.computerworlduk.com/news/security/3426928/tesco-calls-the-police-as-online-clubcard-accounts-compromised/edit: I see the first date is February, which is when it was happening, I would contact them, mention the above and then find the MSE(but close your eyes so you don't see HIS face) link and see what was said about it at the time

The date they were used is the 22nd August. The February (2012) is the date I earned the voucher.

Personally I think warning people to check their accounts and change their passwords (again!) is a good idea.

I would rather have been warned than go through this palava but also the cheek of the bloody scumbag to brazenly go to a store and spend my vouchers! Scummy person probably eating my food and drinking my wine! £214 worth of stuff.

I am particularly miffed as I saved them for literally years and went to spend them today and now can't and will have to spend cash to get the thing I want which is a pain in the backside.

I can imagine there are people who don't check their accounts so why not suggest people check them?!

Tescos were hacked once and possibly again bearing in mind the date they were used (August) and the fact I changed the password after the February 2013 warning.

Scummy thief. I hope they have CCTV although I suspect it won't be looked at and Tescos will just look into the account and IP addresses to check it wasn't me who printed them off etc.
Original Poster
fuzzydunlop

....much ?

Maybe they were enjoying my £214 worth of drink X)

Going by their username I'm guessing Pimms is their tipple of choice

(just kidding pimmzy).
Original Poster
DestinyCalls815

I'm very sorry to hear this Sweets

Thanks. I'll do the linkys tomorrow.
Sleep well (both of you!).
pimmzy

Do..
pimmzy

go...
pimmzy

on...
Original Poster
fuzzydunlop

Do..

Please

fuzzydunlop

go...

Do

fuzzydunlop

on...

Not

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0dyhaGQV41r9x0sdo1_500.gif

sickly sweet

PleaseDoNot:p

Probably best. Night!
Original Poster
fuzzydunlop

Probably best. Night!

Sleep well

http://24.media.tumblr.com/d9978a4c35407aa4e2edd90c51b0a549/tumblr_mh4bx1aT5b1rqvirao1_400.gif
Lol, you guys rock, why you all up?
Sorry to hear this OP

Gorton is not a very nice area, they are indeed scumbags who did this.
Original Poster
deb8z

Sorry to hear this OP Gorton is not a very nice area, they are indeed … Sorry to hear this OP Gorton is not a very nice area, they are indeed scumbags who did this.

Thanks.
I've emailed Tescos (no response) and the MSE email for people who had this problem earlier in the year (said they'll send the email to Tesco on Friday).
Scummy poo-bags, I wanted to use the vouchers this week!!
I am from the city in question but the not the scumbag who stole your vouchers.
Yeah a lot of good reporting it oO

We don't bother to investigate 60% of crimes, Manchester's top officer admits
dailymail.co.uk/new…tml
Just seen I am the latest victim of this. Currently being looking into by tesco and fraud departments
Pitch^^

Just seen I am the latest victim of this. Currently being looking into by … Just seen I am the latest victim of this. Currently being looking into by tesco and fraud departments

Same here. Received a book bought on vouchers a few weeks ago and reported it to Tesco. They were going to mark my account as having had a fraud on it. Have heard nothing since. Was going to use my vouchers this morning, now that something is back in stock, and I have a zero balance!!! Someone spent over £100 three weeks ago at a couple of stores miles away from me!!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants