Warning - Currys/PCWorld on Ebay

Found 4th Aug 2011
Just a heads up because there are lots of deals of theirs on here at the moment.
I bought an item (there were 7 of them available) had to pay immediately as this is how they work.
Just had a message saying that they don't have stock, so have refunded me after keeping my money for 4 days.
Contacted them - they are as useless as a chocolate teapot - made me think they had done me a favour in refunding me, and basically telling me tough s**t in the process.

They may have good prices, but I can advertise stock of items I don't have at good prices all day long!

Caveat Emptor!

20 Comments

thats disgusting...can you neg them or not? i recall this happening a while ago with a seller and they refunded and the buyer got a strike as a npb..dont know how that worked..

Original Poster

I've reported them to Ebay after speaking to Ebay on the phone. Doubt Ebay will do anything as they are a Powerseller, but the lady said it will be looked at.

I think its a disgusting way to treat customers, especially as they require immediate payment. I certainly won't be using the DSG group again.

I wish they would be the next group to fold - would serve them right

Email says mine is on it's way.

Original Poster

joyf4536

Email says mine is on it's way.

your what is on its way?

Annoying as it is especially with the delay in getting your refund back but this happens alot with big sellers, especially if they sell stock elsewhere; 'wipe your mouth and move on' as they say.

Ordered a graphics card over 2 weeks ago and its took the delivery company (yodel) over 2 weeks to deliver it. Finally got it yesterday! Not so much Currys fault but they shouldnt use such a terrible coriour.

Do we vote this hot if we like them and cold if we don't?

Original Poster

rudey_98

Do we vote this hot if we like them and cold if we don't?

Its in misc so its just a heads up, not a deal

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

Its a heads up to say a huge company made a stock error, would you be so … Its a heads up to say a huge company made a stock error, would you be so quick to condemn them if it was a pricing error and you got the item cheap

It is the fact that they advertised far more than they had, taking the money straight away, then taking 4 days to find the error.

**** poor, really

DSG are amongst the worst retailers out there, I had a nightmare getting a faulty item sorted, I will never use them again.

Stick with Amazon and John Lewis, they are both extremely good.

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

Maybe the person placing the ads didn't know someone had nicked a few of … Maybe the person placing the ads didn't know someone had nicked a few of them

Thats an even bigger cause of concern if stock of significant size and value goes missing then.

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

Why? Only way it will affect you is that you'll get a message saying … Why? Only way it will affect you is that you'll get a message saying sorry we are out of stock on that item, oh wait

Well if a large company cannot control their own stock through theft as you are suggesting, then yes there is a problem for the company as a whole.

Just waiting for a sarcastic **** to come along and post on this thread, oh wait

Banned

So you bought one of 7 and they made an error?

They hardly murdered your family.

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

Ok as no one sarcastic has come along i'll answer that for youJust about … Ok as no one sarcastic has come along i'll answer that for youJust about every company suffers from theft in one form or anotherIf you work for a company and skive for a hour aren't you technically stealing a hours pay you haven't earnt?

Ok then so shall we class you as arrogant? Your stock reply to most threads seem to end with 'oh wait'.
You seem to take the view that as long as you are ok then it doesn't matter what happens to anyone else.

Truth of the matter is that I will not be the only person affected. I am so glad you got both your netbooks, one for each braincell I can only imagine, and they shipped it to the set of Deliverance for you.

If this thread helps just one person then it will have been worth it.

Original Poster

dimebars

So you bought one of 7 and they made an error? They hardly murdered your … So you bought one of 7 and they made an error? They hardly murdered your family.

Hardly comparable is it?

Banned

Correct it's hardly comparable, but you're making some song an dance about a small error.

So they had your money for 4 days. Big woop. You gonna sues their ass?

Original Poster

dimebars

Correct it's hardly comparable, but you're making some song an dance … Correct it's hardly comparable, but you're making some song an dance about a small error. So they had your money for 4 days. Big woop. You gonna sues their ass?

Did I say that? Did you read the OP correctly?

Yes I'm annoyed over what they did, and whether you would or wouldn't be annoyed isn't the point. It's an information thread.

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

How is this helping anyone, Your saying you spat your dummy because you … How is this helping anyone, Your saying you spat your dummy because you got you money back after 4 days helps no one, do you really think most people will worry about ordering from pcworld in case their money is unavalible for a few daysExample, oh look pcworld has something i really want with £200 off, oh wait (;)) bassman said his money was return when the item was out of stock, better give that £200 saving a miss then as i wouldn't want to risk a message saying we are refunding youI've had suppliers say an item is out of stock and tbh that happens a lot on this site, difference is i'm mature about it and i just move on like most of the other adults on this site

It is helping because it is a warning. You like to troll on here, and if that's how you get your kicks then fine, but don't be a **** about it on this thread. No one asked you to comment on it, and you know that I'm not the only person to think this way when a company does this (usually to cover up mistakes rather than being honest about it).

FWIW, I think that maybe you need to look at how you reply to peoples threads to see who does or doesn't act like an adult on here. Maybe a change of username to KeyboardWarrior may suit you better next time

Banned

Facts are it's DSG who are reliable a large percentage of the time. They got your order wrong and did what they could to rectify it. Yet you seen to be in some Raoul Moat style crusade to highlight their small error.

Nobody really cares that much. Except you.

Original Poster

dimebars

Facts are it's DSG who are reliable a large percentage of the time. They … Facts are it's DSG who are reliable a large percentage of the time. They got your order wrong and did what they could to rectify it. Yet you seen to be in some Raoul Moat style crusade to highlight their small error. Nobody really cares that much. Except you.

Hardly, but loving the comparison!
Post a comment
@
    Text