WARNING: Do not pre-order from Amazon!

Found 10th Nov 2017
(rant)

I did not heed the warnings from fellow Internet members recent comments or worry when they failed to deliver Project Scorpio to people on time.
Now I've fallen into the trap myself. I had Doom on Switch pre-ordered and Amazon failed to dispatch it on time despite having Amazon Prime. It is therefore being delivered tomorrow

I don't know what their problem is but logistically for pre-orders they have become absolute sh*t.
For some reason they can get an item ordered last night to me by this morning but anything pre-ordered is a problem. It's like giving them more time is the issue.

I certainly won't be using them for any further pre-orders.
Should have stuck with my order at Simply Games. Screw the pre-order £2 discount at Amazon.

Not the end of the world but definitely annoying.
Customer service gave the usual 1 month Prime extension compensation when pushed a little. Great, that really helps.

(/rant)
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Let's start a fund to pay for the OP's years of therapy due to the PTSD he will suffer due to this.
This sounds worse than a tour of Afghanistan.
33 Comments
1 month prime is worth like £6 if your not on a student membership.. That's not a bad offering for a game that will be only a day late. Probably more than you'd get off anyone else if it was late.. What do shopto give you, like £5, game probably give you nothing..

I've preordered a few games with amazon recently and i have to say so far they've all been delivered on the day of release
Edited by: "winifer" 10th Nov 2017
Not really warning from pre-ordering from Amazon when its only a day late. The majority of people are going to be ordering from Amazon, of course stuff is going to be late but you know what to do? Go here to contact Amazon:

amazon.co.uk/gp/…tml

I do this all the time when prime stuff is late and I get money off and had a few months added on for free on my prime too. IF something doesnt come when amazon said it would while being a prime member, complain. They just give you stuff!

Though I cant believe Physical media is still a thing. Us PC gamers not had to buy a disc in years...
Edited by: "darthvader666uk" 10th Nov 2017
Original Poster
winifer18 m ago

1 month prime is worth like £6 if your not on a student membership.. …1 month prime is worth like £6 if your not on a student membership.. That's not a bad offering for a game that will be only a day late. Probably more than you'd get off anyone else if it was late.. What do shopto give you, like £5, game probably give you nothing..I've preordered a few games with amazon recently and i have to say so far they've all been delivered on the day of release

I am on Student Prime so around a £3 value compensation.
I've often pre-ordered with them in the past and they've always delivered on time up til now. I think the last one was the SNES Mini which was fine.

I wanted to play some Doom during my lunch break but I guess I'll have to wait until next week now to give that a go.

Best of luck if anyone continues to pre-order with them. They are a mess.

darthvader666uk12 m ago

Not really warning from pre-ordering from Amazon when its only a day …Not really warning from pre-ordering from Amazon when its only a day late. The majority of people are going to be ordering from Amazon, of course stuff is going to be late but you know what to do? Go here to contact Amazon:https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html?I do this all the time when prime stuff is late and I get money off and had a few months added on for free on my prime too. IF something doesnt come when amazon said it would while being a prime member, complain. They just give you stuff!Though I cant believe Physical media is still a thing. Us PC gamers not had to buy a disc in years...

Yeah I got the 1 month Prime extension. Nothing more.

Fellow Master Race member here. I know how green the grass is in all the other fields.
Nintendo is rubbish at anything online and their digital distribution is simply crap. They're a good 13 years behind the competition in that department.
We've got 2 Switch systems in the house so a physical cart allows me to share cartridges between them.
Edited by: "FireOnAWire" 10th Nov 2017
FireOnAWire11 m ago

I am on Student Prime so around a £3 value compensation.I've often …I am on Student Prime so around a £3 value compensation.I've often pre-ordered with them in the past and they've always delivered on time up til now. I think the last one was the SNES Mini which was fine. I wanted to play some Doom during my lunch break but I guess I'll have to wait until next week now to give that a go. Best of luck if anyone continues to pre-order with them. They are a mess.Yeah I got the 1 month Prime extension. Nothing more. Fellow Master Race member here. I know how green the grass is in all the other fields. Nintendo is rubbish at anything online and their digital distribution is simply crap. They're a good 13 years behind the competition in that department. We've got 2 Switch systems in the house so a physical cart allows me to share cartridges between them.

Hello fellow PCMR

Tbh, Nintendo do seem notorious for poor releases in general. My Buddy mainly games on the Nintendo and really does struggle sometimes to get new releases. Very odd!

At least you got something back
I know lots of people didn’t get there project Scorpio’s on day one even tho they ordered AUG20th I ordered October 4th and got mine day one was worried tho didn’t dispatch till same day still shitty for people who ordered immediately got the feels for them
Amazon have stopped giving a month free.
Over the last 2 years I have had 18 months of free extra prime for the 5 group im in.
Now they just refund you the money for the item and let you keep it.
Had it on £47.00 of dishwasher tablets, when they shipped the subscribe and save and the 5 month later shipment the same day in the same box.
And yesterday got £14.00 back for not delivering my damp detector.
bigwheels8 m ago

Amazon have stopped giving a month free.Over the last 2 years I have had …Amazon have stopped giving a month free.Over the last 2 years I have had 18 months of free extra prime for the 5 group im in.Now they just refund you the money for the item and let you keep it.Had it on £47.00 of dishwasher tablets, when they shipped the subscribe and save and the 5 month later shipment the same day in the same box.And yesterday got £14.00 back for not delivering my damp detector.

They gave me a month extra the other day when an order was late.
My Farpoint Bundle was a day late, I think they gave me a tenner. It was annoying seeing everyone play with it when I couldn't, but the tenner helped.

Waiting for a ordered disc today. I thought it would come in the post this morning, but no.

Jokes on them, I'm not sure I want it really.
Edited by: "MSK." 10th Nov 2017
deleted261453
I ordered Mario for switch and completey forgot I ordered it.
I bought it from Tesco and then 5 days later my amazon one turned up.
So I got on to chat and explained it was late and no longer needed it.
So they gave me free return for it, I sent it back the day after and another copy of Mario turned up :-/
I explained I wanted a refund again and said I didn't understand why they did this.
I got told my refund would be On hold until the second copy was returned.
So I sent that one back.
Anyway after waiting for another week for my refund they said keep the second copy as it wasn't my fault and she would process the refund.
I explained I'd already sent the second copy back
But I have received the email stating a refund.
Edited by: "deleted261453" 10th Nov 2017
Mario Odyssey didn't arrive the day it came out for me despite it saying it would even on the day, out for delivery and didn't show up at all. Another item I ordered to a locker was showing as being delivered all day and then...nothing. Apparently it got lost!? Gone to pot recently
Edited by: "unreality" 10th Nov 2017
1st world problems right here people
Let's start a fund to pay for the OP's years of therapy due to the PTSD he will suffer due to this.
This sounds worse than a tour of Afghanistan.
frakison28 m ago

1st world problems right here people

Much like complaining about people posting about their shopping problems on a shopping forum.
Maybe you can learn how to play the violin while you wait OP
Lmao, okay let's all listen to you
MSK.12 m ago

Much like complaining about people posting about their shopping problems …Much like complaining about people posting about their shopping problems on a shopping forum.

Did I complain? Learn to read flower
frakison1 h, 43 m ago

Did I complain? Learn to read flower

Yes, yes you did. But spin it however ever you like my little creme puff.
MSK.20 m ago

Yes, yes you did. But spin it however ever you like my little creme puff.

I don't need to spin what is blindly obvious to anyone with an once of common sense my favorite little troll
Original Poster
Agharta3 h, 6 m ago

Let's start a fund to pay for the OP's years of therapy due to the PTSD he …Let's start a fund to pay for the OP's years of therapy due to the PTSD he will suffer due to this.This sounds worse than a tour of Afghanistan.

I'll start a go fund me. Give me a sec...

On a more serious note there's quite a few similar stories on this thread alone so it does look like Amazon's logistics department is going to pot.
Edited by: "FireOnAWire" 10th Nov 2017
frakison45 m ago

I don't need to spin what is blindly obvious to anyone with an once of …I don't need to spin what is blindly obvious to anyone with an once of common sense my favorite little troll

I'm touched I'm your favorite, I'm sure your stupid comments attract them in droves
MSK.1 h, 6 m ago

I'm touched I'm your favorite, I'm sure your stupid comments attract them …I'm touched I'm your favorite, I'm sure your stupid comments attract them in droves

Only the REALLY stupid people lower themselves to trolling, so you did well to overcome such competition to become my favourite, we'll done flower
frakison39 m ago

Only the REALLY stupid people lower themselves to trolling, so you did …Only the REALLY stupid people lower themselves to trolling, so you did well to overcome such competition to become my favourite, we'll done flower

Like you are trolling OP in the first place? Keep on spinning you glorious little sunbeam
Edited by: "MSK." 10th Nov 2017
op should star a class action against amazon for this no judge would ever permit anyone to get away with this
MSK.1 h, 10 m ago

Like you are trolling OP in the first place? Keep on …Like you are trolling OP in the first place? Keep on spinning you glorious little sunbeam

Noooo my little snowflake, I was having a bit of a laugh, it seems that only YOU took it as a jibe and decided to "protect" the OP (who clearly saw no issue in what I wrote). Perhaps this is because you are desperate for some attention?? However, I suspect that it's just because you're a nasty little troll who just wants an argument? Pretty sad really, you have my pity
My Mini SNES arrived just fine. No problem for me with Amazon.
Dawsy4 m ago

My Mini SNES arrived just fine. No problem for me with Amazon.

What do you reckon to the SNES? Is it literally the old games all on one console or have they been upgraded? Used to love Final Fight, but the version on the Xbox game library thing seemed a bit pants
frakison1 h, 37 m ago

Noooo my little snowflake, I was having a bit of a laugh, it seems that …Noooo my little snowflake, I was having a bit of a laugh, it seems that only YOU took it as a jibe and decided to "protect" the OP (who clearly saw no issue in what I wrote). Perhaps this is because you are desperate for some attention?? However, I suspect that it's just because you're a nasty little troll who just wants an argument? Pretty sad really, you have my pity

I stopped reading at snowflake. Says so much more about the person using the word, than the person they are trying to insult
MSK.4 m ago

I stopped reading at snowflake. Says so much more about the person using …I stopped reading at snowflake. Says so much more about the person using the word, than the person they are trying to insult

Oh dear Snowflake, that's a bit weak even for you, I'm surprised you didn't say "stop showing off" as most parents say when they lose an argument. I'm guessing you're carrying some childish grudge against me seeing as you picked my post out when there were four other members who said worse? Either that or you're just a hypocrite?
I think most places had bother with the Xbox one x. I’ve preordered lots of games from a amazon and always got them either on the day of release or earlier sometimes. I preordered .hack(outstanding games and anime btw) and it arrived 2 days before its release, agents of mayhem and fractured but whole (hehe) arrived on the day of release.

If you live chat with amazon and complain they should give you some sort of compensation and if not ask to speak to a manager and they’ll do it straight away
FireOnAWire13 h, 59 m ago

I am on Student Prime so around a £3 value compensation.I've often …I am on Student Prime so around a £3 value compensation.I've often pre-ordered with them in the past and they've always delivered on time up til now. I think the last one was the SNES Mini which was fine. I wanted to play some Doom during my lunch break but I guess I'll have to wait until next week now to give that a go. Best of luck if anyone continues to pre-order with them. They are a mess.Yeah I got the 1 month Prime extension. Nothing more. Fellow Master Race member here. I know how green the grass is in all the other fields. Nintendo is rubbish at anything online and their digital distribution is simply crap. They're a good 13 years behind the competition in that department. We've got 2 Switch systems in the house so a physical cart allows me to share cartridges between them.

2 switches and a pc? You must be loaded yet your complaining because a games a day late? Have to say that’s pretty sad tbh you sound kind of spoilt
Original Poster
weerob8844 m ago

2 switches and a pc? You must be loaded yet your complaining because a …2 switches and a pc? You must be loaded yet your complaining because a games a day late? Have to say that’s pretty sad tbh you sound kind of spoilt

Well I'd say more disappointed than anything else.
Prime is supposed to guarantee next day delivery and Amazon seem to be routinely failing at that promise. Surely bad service needs to be called out.

...and a PS4, and a One X
Certainly not loaded but yeah I do have too many systems/hardware. Black Friday won't help.

The price of being an enthusiast. This is my money pit.
Edited by: "FireOnAWire" 11th Nov 2017
# MillennialsFirstWorldProblems
moshixmoshi3 h, 32 m ago

# MillennialsFirstWorldProblems

Watch it, you'll have MSK on your case!!!!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants