Warning! Don't buy deal where KPX is the agent.

Found 7th Nov 2012
Bought GroupOn voucher for 3 nights in Rome. Got call from KPX to book flights and hotel. They said that neither of the two hotels (which looked really nice and in central location) were available so had to go with another which they also said was 4 star. Having now read reviews of the hotel it doesn't sound good and is 45 mins from the centre. Still haven't had hotel confirmation despite having to ask for it.
It was also suggested that I pay a supplement of £50 if I wanted an early morning flight going out and a late flight coming back to give us more time in Rome. Sounded like a good idea at the time but I have since checked the flights on Ryanair website and the flights we have been booked on are £60 cheaper. I thought you pay a supplement for something extra!!
If I had booked the flights and hotel myself I would have saved over £100 whereas KPX have made £110 for doing nothing. When I rang and questioned the supplement they had no answer, when I asked them to refund my £50 the agent said speak to customer services and they said speak to the agent. Don't wait for them to ring you back as they won't. I asked to speak to a manager or someone in charge and I was put through to customer services!!! I rang back and was told the manager was on the phone and would ring back, the call never came.
I am currently waiting for a response from Ryanair as to the flight prices at time of booking as I intend to take KPX to the small claims court to get my money back. Avoid KPX at all costs.
Community Updates
13 Comments
I can't actually remember the last time I used an agent to book a holiday! It seems obvious to me that it would be more expensive than booking it all yourself as that's where the agent makes it's money.
A lot of effort to sign up just for a rant like that.
I've yet to see a Groupon offer where a "deal" is actually involved. Their offers are always readily available or cheaper elsewhere.

Oh and stool bory cro
You're missing the point, I'm telling people who use groupon to check the agent isn't KPX. Groupon suggested a saving of circa 45% which you couldn't get booking it yourself. It was the combination of the agent saying the fancy hotels were unavailable and charging a 'supplement' for nothing that meant it wasn't such a good deal. KPX are essentially thieves.
dimebars

I've yet to see a Groupon offer where a "deal" is actually involved. … I've yet to see a Groupon offer where a "deal" is actually involved. Their offers are always readily available or cheaper elsewhere. Oh and stool bory cro

I've done quite a few 'experiences' that have worked out cheaper (some by quite a bit) but the breaks/holidays they do never seem that great.
dimebars

I've yet to see a Groupon offer where a "deal" is actually involved. … I've yet to see a Groupon offer where a "deal" is actually involved. Their offers are always readily available or cheaper elsewhere. Oh and stool bory cro

I've had good groupon deals on UK hotels....so genuine deals do exist
cdm22

I can't actually remember the last time I used an agent to book a … I can't actually remember the last time I used an agent to book a holiday! It seems obvious to me that it would be more expensive than booking it all yourself as that's where the agent makes it's money.

Call British Airways and ask for their cheapest fare to New York on any given date, and then call an agent for a flight on the same plane.

Report back to "The Misk" with how much cheaper BA were direct.

Edited by: "thesaint" 7th Nov 2012
slamdunkin

I've had good groupon deals on UK hotels....so genuine deals do exist

Nothing you couldn't have booked direct yourself?
Too many people compare deals against the "was" price rather than what something's actually worth. That's why sites like Groupon exist.
dimebars

Nothing you couldn't have booked direct yourself?

No I couldn't of booked direct cheaper....our 2 night break in a 4 star country hotel with a superb 3 couse meal and breakfast at £129 for two was a bargain. other people we met there had paid £300 for the same booking direct
dimebars

Proof or lies.
I have had a similar experience of the agressive, broken english upselling for better flight times etc. I will NEVER use again and will warn asw many people as possible. Some companies need to be investigated byt watchdog. They have mis-sold to us on this occasion and we have a dispute over when confirmation occured as we tried to change something while on the phone prior to taking our money. We were hung up on and the booking was completed. AVIOD PEOPLE.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants