warning !!!dont buy replacement bulbs from the pound shop !!!!

I thought i was saving money by buying the halogen bulbs out of the pound shop but all i got was an explosion of glass fragments all over the floor !!! very dangerous especialy if u have kids.give them a body swerve !!!!:w00t:

28 Comments

just buy some lifetime ones or long life something like that philips make em there good.

Buy cheap, buy twice :lol:

Buy cheap and once tends to be MORE than enough :lol:

lol? same as Tesco Extra Value 1s then

where is this poundland you speak of? is it some magical land where everything is just a pound?:)

Everything is a pound but I wouldn't say it's magical

John

Johnmcl7

Everything is a pound but I wouldn't say it's magical :(John

Not magical maybe, but a miracle if it works as it should ;-)

Banned

Got me worried for a minute, thankfully the bulbs that I just bought from Poundland aren't to replace anything.

JDeal

Got me worried for a minute, thankfully the bulbs that I just bought from … Got me worried for a minute, thankfully the bulbs that I just bought from Poundland aren't to replace anything.

You gonna plant them then?

Banned

dunno

You gonna plant them then?

Very clever, I did wonder where you had got to, up untill yesterday when I saw a post of yours.

Ive been on everyday. Just haven't posted in a while.
But the dry spell is over lol.

Banned

Good. I thought it was going to be 'dunno - comeback 2008'.

lol, I cant figure out how to change my signature now. Im guessing I cant, since we aren't allowed them any more :roll: :giggle:

Banned

Nope and it's very annoying, I could have used it as advertising space as I'm sure my profile gets thousands of hits.

I bet it does. What would you have advertised? Just out of interest.

Banned

The website that I am yet to create?

Are you gonna put camera's in your house so people can watch you 24/7?

Banned

No point in replacing the cameras yet, they're not that old.

Poundland probably source the bulbs from the same factory as most other 'branded' lamps.

And it isn't the fact that you bought the lamp from Poundland.

It is the physical make-up of the lamp that leads to, say, one in one hundred thousand possibly 'popping' or 'exploding' due to the temperatures that the filament and gas burn at!!!!

Banned

NatD

Poundland probably source the bulbs from the same factory as most other … Poundland probably source the bulbs from the same factory as most other 'branded' lamps.And it isn't the fact that you bought the lamp from Poundland.It is the physical make-up of the lamp that leads to, say, one in one hundred thousand possibly 'popping' or 'exploding' due to the temperatures that the filament and gas burn at!!!!

I bought some from there last year and the first 3 I used exploded, so threw the rest in the bin.

Sounds Rubbish, use another £1 for their bin sacks.

I know someone who bought cheap bulbs and they have more than one explode ! The Phillips energy ones that are often given out free seem to be the best i have seen. They instantly come on at the full brightness which better than waiting for them to 'warm up' lol.

Chris

NatD

It is the physical make-up of the lamp that leads to, say, one in one … It is the physical make-up of the lamp that leads to, say, one in one hundred thousand possibly 'popping' or 'exploding' due to the temperatures that the filament and gas burn at!!!!

That's quite interesting. So in our race for greenness we are putting ourselves at risk from exploding lightbulbs, or should I say being FORCED by the government to put ourselves at risk. In all honesty i've NEVER witnessed a standard tungsten bulb 'exploding':thinking:

The OP mentioned halogens. I bought a wheen of these cheap ones from Tesco a while back and they have been fine. I know you can get problems if you touch the glass. You have to put them in with a cloth/tissue etc.

Banned

In my local pound shop, there is an indian man on the checkout. Doesn't speak good english, whenever you buy items there he does the most wonderful thing. He touches each item and counts under his breath, then when he's finished counting shouts the words "pounds please" and holds out his hand.

1... 2... 3... 4... 5... 6...
6 POUNDS PLEASE

I love him

the_andy

In my local pound shop, there is an indian man on the checkout. Doesn't … In my local pound shop, there is an indian man on the checkout. Doesn't speak good english, whenever you buy items there he does the most wonderful thing. He touches each item and counts under his breath, then when he's finished counting shouts the words "pounds please" and holds out his hand.1... 2... 3... 4... 5... 6... 6 POUNDS PLEASEI love him

excellent, lol.

Rockhound

The OP mentioned halogens. I bought a wheen of these cheap ones from … The OP mentioned halogens. I bought a wheen of these cheap ones from Tesco a while back and they have been fine. I know you can get problems if you touch the glass. You have to put them in with a cloth/tissue etc.

This is very true - halogen bulbs get extremely hot on the glass and any trace of oil (from sweat etc) will tend to help the glass to crack. That said, the poundland halogen bulbs do look suspiciously cheap (3 for a pound and they often look broken already from transit!).

mmm law suite
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764088
    2. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports1019
    3. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2642
    4. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44

See more discussions