WARNING - GRAINGER GAMES - Your "NEW" Game Might Not Be New/Sealed.

Found 13th Jan
2876261-YfDus.jpgHi all,
I have had a problem with Grainger Games recently where I purchased a game described as NEW. It turned up unsealed, with a price sticker on, sticky from other stickers being removed and finger marks over the disc. Grainger Games say that this is fine as it is in their terms and conditions!

They wanted me to pay the return postage and then would only give me an exchange. Luckily it was only a £5 game but this could easily happen if you purchase a £50 game. So I wanted to make people aware of this if they use Grainger Games, that it is a gamble what they will actually receive. I certainly won't be shopping online with them again!

TERMS AND CONDITIONS - From their website.

2.4 When purchasing new items we always endeavour to deliver to you a factory sealed item. However, when we are low on stock of a certain item, this may not always be possible due to our store display policy.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
deleted800342
Uranus13th Jan

Forgetting the price for a moment, is there any disadvantage to installing …Forgetting the price for a moment, is there any disadvantage to installing a game from a disk that's been used rather than from a brand new disk?I remember selling a ps4 game and the buyer testing it and then asking for a discount because I'd completed the first couple of missions...

No disadvantage, but if something is advertised as new it should be new.
Simple as that.
27 Comments
Sounds exactly like Game when I worked there....
deleted800342
This is why I never buy from them.
This happened to me once years ago, because of this, there is no way of knowing if you've really got a new game or a preowned one.
If you buy a new sealed game in store they open the box to check the disc is there, they must do the same for online orders too.
Forgetting the price for a moment, is there any disadvantage to installing a game from a disk that's been used rather than from a brand new disk?

I remember selling a ps4 game and the buyer testing it and then asking for a discount because I'd completed the first couple of missions...
deleted800342
Uranus13th Jan

Forgetting the price for a moment, is there any disadvantage to installing …Forgetting the price for a moment, is there any disadvantage to installing a game from a disk that's been used rather than from a brand new disk?I remember selling a ps4 game and the buyer testing it and then asking for a discount because I'd completed the first couple of missions...

No disadvantage, but if something is advertised as new it should be new.
Simple as that.
Uranus13th Jan

Ha ha
It sounds to me like you've received a game that has been on display in one of their shops, hence all the sticker marks on the case. Finger print marks are probably from staff removing and replacing the disk.
Dan_9991 h, 40 m ago

If you buy a new sealed game in store they open the box to check the disc …If you buy a new sealed game in store they open the box to check the disc is there, they must do the same for online orders too.

I've never experienced this when I've bought a sealed game before.
Uranus13th Jan

I hope you schooled them on how it isn’t a DS and that the gamesaves are stored on their console and not the disc. Perhaps recommended they visit a doctor to have their health checked as they seem to have forgot they have owned it before?
I had the same experience with GAME. If I recall, that was the last time I used them.
Anything other than facrtory sealed is pre owned in my eyes
Pink_Yoshi_Rebel_Army13th Jan

I think they should be banned from …I think they should be banned from HUKD...2012https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/grainger-games-1369903#comments2013https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/grainger-games-is-just-terrible-1480567#comments2014https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/a-warning-about-grainger-games-1835311#commentshttps://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/grainger-games-1979898#comments2017https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/grainger-games-blames-discounted-video-games-for-recent-poor-results-2859871https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/grainger-games-reviews-2702186#comments

...and life...

[ gizmodo.co.uk/201…nt/ ]
2.4 When purchasing new items we always endeavour to deliver to you a factory sealed item. However, when we are low on stock of a certain item, this may not always be possible due to our store display policy.

That doesn't mean they are allowed to send used when you bought new. I'm 99.99% certain that even if the term above was meant to say that they are allowed to send used goods instead, where new goods are unavailable, that it is simply illegal and and doesn't matter what they put in their T&C.
They could say in the T&C, 'if we haven't got stock we will just keep your money anyway'. It doesn't make it legal or allowable.
Edited by: "deeky" 13th Jan
deeky11 m ago

2.4 When purchasing new items we always endeavour to deliver to you a …2.4 When purchasing new items we always endeavour to deliver to you a factory sealed item. However, when we are low on stock of a certain item, this may not always be possible due to our store display policy.That doesn't mean they are allowed to send used when you bought new. I'm 99.99% certain that even if the term above was meant to say that they are allowed to send used goods instead, where new goods are unavailable, that it is simply illegal and and doesn't matter what they put in their T&C.They could say in the T&C, 'if we haven't got stock we will just keep your money anyway'. It doesn't make it legal or allowable.

That term is meant to convey that unsealed items (but still 'new' in that they have never had an owner outside of the manufacturing/supply chain) may be sent.

These items may have been on-display in-store prior to repacking & despatch.

As I mentioned above, GAME do this too.
fanpages4 m ago

That term is meant to convey that unsealed items (but still 'new' in that …That term is meant to convey that unsealed items (but still 'new' in that they have never had an owner outside of the manufacturing/supply chain) may be sent.These items may have been on-display in-store prior to repacking & despatch.As I mentioned above, GAME do this too.

'Meant to convey'? They don't actually say that though, do they? Why don't they say what they mean then? They're very economical with their words. And I wouldn't consider anything with finger marks on it as 'new'.
Edited by: "deeky" 13th Jan
Original Poster
20151 h, 29 m ago

I had the same experience with GAME. If I recall, that was the last time I …I had the same experience with GAME. If I recall, that was the last time I used them. Anything other than facrtory sealed is pre owned in my eyes

Yep I totally agree with that! We should receive it in the same condition they received it from the suppliers.
fanpages31 m ago

...and life...[ …...and life...[ http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2011/10/how-an-unknown-games-retailer-committed-suicide-at-a-gaming-awards-event/ ]

I didn't even know about that story What a bunch of clowns
Biddy26 h, 26 m ago

I hope you schooled them on how it isn’t a DS and that the gamesaves are s …I hope you schooled them on how it isn’t a DS and that the gamesaves are stored on their console and not the disc. Perhaps recommended they visit a doctor to have their health checked as they seem to have forgot they have owned it before?

Or played a demo off that game.
It's an independent. If you're not a collector then this shouldn't be an issue. We should be supporting the indelpendant retailers.
its been touched by a laser beam
I only buy new from amazon asda argos etc then used from anyone else as the world is full of con merchants and eBay's the worst
The only reason I would buy a disc is if it's a series I collect. In which case it would never be opened. So part of me is thinking this would be awful for collecting. The other part is thinking, discs how quaint.
2017 #fakenews

2018 #oldnews

Uranus13th Jan

Its also classed as fraud - I.e deliberately sending something that is in a different condition from the description.
A used item has less retail value than a new one.
Says a guy that calls himself Jesus.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants