WARNING IF YOU SHOP IN A TESCO METRO!

Banned 50
Found 4th Nov 2009
As the till areas are so small, 'some' assistants will bag the goods over the scanner once they have been scanned. Problem is, as the the bags are so thin, the scanner can pick up items that are already in the bag after they have been scanned, therefore you are buying them twice, or in my case, three times!
If I hadn't checked the receipt, I'd have paid for three lucozades when I only actually purchased one.

This has now happened to me on three occasions now, and the last time (yesterday) I managed to stop the guy mid transaction.

Next time you go into a Tesco Metro, make sure they haven't got the baskets on the till surface that only gives them the scanner area to work with.

You've been warned!

1. Misc
  2. Tesco
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Tesco
45 Comments

ok..... expired anyone?

Banned

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Green"]sometimes I wonder about this place.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Green"]
What a generic warning, made so pointless specific its mental.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

cribert;6780684

ok..... expired anyone?

would rather spam it, but can't now :x

Banned

Babbabooey;6780702

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Green"]I agree, but think the OP probably deserves it to remain actually - so more and more people can post their thoughts on his 'advice'[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Original Poster Banned

Have I done something wrong?

If it's happened to me three times, it's probably happening to a lot of other people around the country!

It's how the tills are setup in Tesco Metro's that I'm complaining about - they have no room so this is likely to happen a lot.

Sorry for trying to warn people!

Jonny

What happened to your other eight toes? :?

Original Poster Banned

Tragic accident involving a pig, a ball point pen, some head boppers and an icecream scoop.

Got the photos to prove it!

insert *EPIC THREAD* pic here
:thumbsup:

vibeone;6780694

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Green"]sometimes I wonder about … [FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Green"]sometimes I wonder about this place.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Green"]What a generic warning, made so pointless specific its mental.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

green...whats the represent?

JonnyTwoToes;6780868

Tragic accident involving a pig, a ball point pen, some head boppers and … Tragic accident involving a pig, a ball point pen, some head boppers and an icecream scoop.Got the photos to prove it!

some might have flamed you but :lol:

Banned

What the hell you shouldn't be putting the bag on the scales in front of the scanner. In fact i'm pretty sure the bag stays on the hook you put your stuff in then remove the bag and push it along the oversized scale. Sounds like you're doing it wrong. Can someone post a gif of "you're doing it wrong" please as i'm on my phone.

lumoruk;6781403

What the hell you shouldn't be putting the bag on the scales in front of … What the hell you shouldn't be putting the bag on the scales in front of the scanner. In fact i'm pretty sure the bag stays on the hook you put your stuff in then remove the bag and push it along the oversized scale. Sounds like you're doing it wrong. Can someone post a gif of "you're doing it wrong" please as i'm on my phone.

That's how it works in our metro, you cashier bags the items on the only available space which happens to be in front of the scanner. Don't think I've ever been overcharged though. Are you talking about the self scan tills? They don't have them in Metro stores I don't think.

Banned

Babbabooey;6780702

Why would you want to spam it?

Certainly far more purpose to the thread than 90% of the mindless drivel posted.

Banned

LJC79;6781964

That's how it works in our metro, you cashier bags the items on the only … That's how it works in our metro, you cashier bags the items on the only available space which happens to be in front of the scanner. Don't think I've ever been overcharged though. Are you talking about the self scan tills? They don't have them in Metro stores I don't think.

Still don't get it this is what all the self scan tills look like, could you find or take a photo next time? They should all look like the photo below. I am a share holder, I will bring it up at the next board meeting if you are having problems :thinking:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/03/05/article-1159449-03C057E8000005DC-75_468x346.jpg

The old ones look like this and are useless as you need two people
http://www.itravelnet.com/photos/eu/england/london/tesco-self-serve.jpg

That's happened to me before as well and I had to tell the guy at the till.....nothing passes me by when it comes to money lol

Hey Jonny. :thumbsup:

Sloth/Mod

lumoruk;6782394

Still don't get it this is what all the self scan tills look like, could … Still don't get it this is what all the self scan tills look like, could you find or take a photo next time? They should all look like the photo below. I am a share holder, I will bring it up at the next board meeting if you are having problems :thinking:The old ones look like this and are useless as you need two people

Why the pics of self service tills????? :?

This thread is about cashier tills in the Metro stores.

I don't know why everyone has attacked the OP? Is it because he's not in all of your cliques?

Syzable;6782611

Why the pics of self service tills????? :?This thread is about cashier … Why the pics of self service tills????? :?This thread is about cashier tills in the Metro stores.I don't know why everyone has attacked the OP? Is it because he's not in all of your cliques?

I haven't read the thread but what's going on?

Why does every thread have to be about sniping people?

There's a lot of nice people around here but the majority just feel the need to start arguements for no reason.....why don't some of you get a life and just leave the rest to have a good time?

Banned

Syzable;6782611

I don't know why everyone has attacked the OP? Is it because he's not in … I don't know why everyone has attacked the OP? Is it because he's not in all of your cliques?

Instead of welcoming new members, insulting them or talking in telly tubby language is the flavour of the month now it seems. Sad.

Sloth/Mod

guv;6782715

Instead of welcoming new members, insulting them or talking in telly … Instead of welcoming new members, insulting them or talking in telly tubby language is the flavour of the month now it seems. Sad.

Yep.......it's sad for those that feel they can't join in or even try and help as it seems that new peeps are easy pickings for some. :-(

Syzable;6782611

I don't know why everyone has attacked the OP?

Neither do I :?

Welcome to Misc '09 so it seems :!:

guv;6782715

Instead of welcoming new members, insulting them or talking in telly … Instead of welcoming new members, insulting them or talking in telly tubby language is the flavour of the month now it seems. Sad.

Exactly, I spoke to Jonny earlier and he seems like a stand up guy.....this place has really turned into shambles.

I remember a time every new member was welcomed into the community, now everyone just seems so bored with there lives, they want to cause problems when there isn't any.

I think these are the people that really need to look in the mirror and realise how pathetic their lives have become and really need to get out more.

Banned

Can realfriendlyman, emasu, syzable and guv take your discussion into a separate thread and let us get on with ours here cheers.

Banned

okay after reading again I now understand, will bring this up at the next board meeting :thumbsup:

mean while I ask you to stop the cashier from bagging your stuff and do it yourself...simples!

Sloth/Mod

lumoruk;6783157

okay after reading again I now understand, will bring this up at the next … okay after reading again I now understand, will bring this up at the next board meeting :thumbsup:

Sorry to but in on your thread again....

But good work. :-D

Banned

btw proof I'm a share holder :thumbsup:

whether I can be arsed to attend a board meeting over this is another matter :roll:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2567/4076071260_fcdfe7fa4c_o.jpg

I should be laughing all the way to the bank if I had invested £100,000k in Easyjet when I turned 18

you would need to be pretty dumb to not notice a few extra pounds on your bill

i actually thought this thread was a joke :oops:

Banned

good warning OP.

Why some people have to have a go is beyond me! just move on.

jellybaby22;6783267

u made your point the first time

Thank you, I hope it sinks in then.

loll1es;6786344

you would need to be pretty dumb to not notice a few extra pounds on your … you would need to be pretty dumb to not notice a few extra pounds on your bill

Well, there's a lot of people out there that do quite a big shop and don't calculate every item they put in their trolleys and when your shopping regularly comes over £100, it's hard to keep track.

I think the OP just wanted to let everyone know that people falsely put faith in Tesco that they won't be overcharged....which has happened to me loads of times in different ways. :roll:

Original Poster Banned

It's not the self serve ones, and the bags aren't on hooks. Maybe it's different in other stores, but the one in Leicester Granby Street has some major design floors.

ilovepink;6781287

insert *EPIC THREAD* pic here:thumbsup:

ilovepink;6786480

i actually thought this thread was a joke :oops:

I don't get it?...

thanks for sharing op :thumbsup:

Banned

phatboy123;6788070

I don't get it?...thanks for sharing op :thumbsup:

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]
I can't believe there have been people defending him.

Its such a generic warning, which applies to a lot of things: Check your receipt.

he's pointlessly made it so damn specific presumably to create a headline for his thread.

Don't see the point of this 'warning' what so ever.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

vibeone;6788147

[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkGreen]I can't believe there have … [FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkGreen]I can't believe there have been people defending him.Its such a generic warning, which applies to a lot of things: Check your receipt.he's pointlessly made it so damn specific presumably to create a headline for his thread.Don't see the point of this 'warning' what so ever.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I would agree to a certain extent..... but surely it's the thought that counts?
no point in shooting them down for trying to help

don't see why its affected you so much tbh, it's just misc

Banned

vibeone;6788147

[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkGreen]I can't believe there have … [FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkGreen]I can't believe there have been people defending him.Its such a generic warning, which applies to a lot of things: Check your receipt.he's pointlessly made it so damn specific presumably to create a headline for his thread.Don't see the point of this 'warning' what so ever.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

:thinking:

thought it was obvious what the OP was describing! :w00t:

Banned

loll1es;6786344

you would need to be pretty dumb to not notice a few extra pounds on your … you would need to be pretty dumb to not notice a few extra pounds on your bill

That depends if you are someone that counts your pennies I guess.

vibeone;6788147

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]I can't believe there … [FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]I can't believe there have been people defending him.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I can't believe you are making such a big issue over it.

You think it's pointless, fine. Move on. You're complaining the OP has made a pointless message. Pots and kettles spring to mind.

Original Poster Banned

Not sure why 'Vibeone' et al have a problem with me posting this.

Not sure how it is a 'generic' warning. If I'm at Sainsburys or another store, it's not a problem at the stuff is scanned and placed well out of the scanner for you to bag up.
At the store I mention, the only place for the staff to put the bag is over the scanner, so the stuff in the bag is likely to get scanned again and again.

If you don't ever fancy visiting the Tesco Metro in Leicester, then you've nothing to be fore warned about - but I don't understand the hostility against some friendly advice.

Have a good day!

Banned

guv;6788396

That depends if you are someone that counts your pennies I guess.I can't … That depends if you are someone that counts your pennies I guess.I can't believe you are making such a big issue over it. You think it's pointless, fine. Move on. You're complaining the OP has made a pointless message. Pots and kettles spring to mind.

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]I last posted Yesterday, 16:43, post 4, and left it at that.

Not exactly making a big issue am I - I just saw this thread get bumped again, and had a look what had been said, and I replied to 1 poster. Nor was I the first to point out what nonsense this is

You are seriously defending a thread with title posted in caps with WARNING in it and exclamation marks, which basically tells us to check out receipts?

Suggest you pipe down brah. Wouldn't want you to make a fool out of yourself thats all.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png

who says 'pipe down' outside of a scottish film (no hate, homo, or anything else)

Original Poster Banned

You are seriously defending a thread with title posted in caps with … You are seriously defending a thread with title posted in caps with WARNING in it and exclamation marks, which basically tells us to check out receipts?

You're missing the point Vibeone.
Usually you don't have to check receipts as you put an element of trust in the stores we shop at.
All I am doing is saying that the Tesco Metro store I visited has some serious till design issues and the staff have no option but to hover the bag over the scanner.

Simples.

I really don't understand why people feel the need to belittle others ? Sad really.

With regard to the OP this is supposed to be a community forum and posting stuff that benefits the community is surely a good thing ? If it benefits just one person then it's a good job done IMO.

With regards to the OP I don't shop at Metro very often but for sure I will pay close attention next time. It also needs to be pointed out that Metro's are used a lot in Town Centres where people are in more of a hurry than their normal shopping trip. Certainly more likely people will not be checking their till receipts in those conditions.

As an addition to the OP it is my experience that you will find mistakes on your Tesco till receipt far more often than you would imagine or care to believe.
If you don't already, and the vast majority of customers don't, check your receipts.

Thanks to the OP for posting. Rep left.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Holiday discount centre is a scam34
    2. Camera33
    3. Can I giveaway film digital codes on here?22
    4. Anyone know if amazon will be having any prime membership discounts in the …77

See more discussions