Groups

**Warning** NEW WhatsApp Scam

Editor
    If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!

A message is doing the rounds on WhatsApp offering people hundred pounds worth of Sainsbury’s vouchers and £250 of Marks and Spencer vouchers.

http://i.imgur.com/rrtcfMG.jpg

This message will come from one of your contacts, but it is a FAKE scam message. It’s likely anyone who has sent the message has already had their account hacked.

The Marks and Spencer scam works in the same way.

http://i.imgur.com/5vSIc3w.jpg

News Source and infor here

Also, there's another Amazon scam doing the rounds too!

http://i.imgur.com/ijCYm9n.jpg

When you click more information amazon is actually [email protected]docs.com. Remember, if you receive an email with a link asking you to log in to your account, don't click the link, or enter your details

21 Comments

my missus got one yesterday on WhatsApp told her straight away it was a scam

Thanks for sharing, hadnt heard of this before.

General rule of thumb. If it has superfluous Emoticons or doesn't say Dear it is a generic phish.
    Obviously it means you may delete messages from real contacts with too many emoticons but that's maybe no bad thing.

A good rule of thumb, if a large company is giving away a large amount in vouchers, it's a scam. Too good to be true? It usually is...

I've had the Next one as well

damn so jealous, could do with £250 quid vouchers

fool is easily parted with there money

I've had loads of fake PayPal emails this week, about 3 or 4 daily.

Banned

ashmac

fool is easily parted with there money

You must be skint then.

MrScotchBonnet

You must be skint then.

brilly

​Ah don't worry, someone on my WhatsApp was passing a link about on how to claim £250 in vouchers. I'll try find it for ya!

yeah got one apparently from my sister,knew it was a scam straight away

Little sympathy for anyone who clicks on the link in these messages.

Banned

brilly

​your jealous of everyone!

I got the iphone one sent yesterday...
    Hey, have you seen this apple.co.uk-promoo.com/ Free iPhone 7 from Apple. They are giving away free iPhones to celebrate 10 years, since the launch of their first iPhone. It's a limited offer so you better claim one while it lasts. I got mine ❤❤

Edited by: "nightshadeUK" 18th Jan

oh ffs, lost so much money

nightshadeUK

I got the iphone one sent yesterday...Hey, have you seen this? Free … I got the iphone one sent yesterday...Hey, have you seen this? Free iPhone 7 from Apple. They are giving away free iPhones to celebrate 10 years, since the launch of their first iPhone. It's a limited offer so you better claim one while it lasts. I got mine ❤❤

You should probably edit out that clickable link. Easy to accidentally click on it, especially on a mobile/tablet.

MrScotchBonnet

You must be skint then.

​not a skint as you

ashmac

​not a skint as you

So what, I'm skinter than both of you. Added together.

sofiasar

​your jealous of everyone!

let me assure you - there is at least one person in this thread i am not jealous of
    clue: its not treasa

Oooops, good idea, looks like someone did it for me. Cheers whoever it was.

RossD89

You should probably edit out that clickable link. Easy to accidentally … You should probably edit out that clickable link. Easy to accidentally click on it, especially on a mobile/tablet.

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. sky q is it a good deal?55
      2. Speccing a gaming pc37
      3. help: windows 10 wifi issue55
      4. Best IPTV Paid service?1721

See more discussions