* Warning * Primark Christmas candle removed from sale after it erupts into flames

Editor 13
Found 7th Dec 2017
Primark have withdrawn their £5 silver glitter Christmas tree shaped candle from sale after a mum of 3 Jenny Ferneyhough reported that it burst into flames - which is a potential fire hazard.

She contacted Primark and they have since withdrawn it from sale, however they have not issued a recall as of yet.

A Primark spokesman said: “We take the safety of our customers and quality of our products very seriously.

“We are removing the product from sale while we investigate this complaint as a matter of urgency.”

2849846.jpg
Candle picture posted by Jenny Ferneyhough on Facebook

"This is a candle I bought in Primark Manchester for £5 on Saturday. I am concerned that it poses a risk to the safety of anyone who owns one, and I have emailed Primark suggesting they recall them. In the meantime, I would be grateful if we could spread the word so that no one is put at risk by this. "

They haven't issued a recall as of yet, but if you have this you need to be very careful ( I wouldn't risk lighting it)

source
Community Updates
Misc
13 Comments
"She contacted Primark and they have since withdrawn it from sale, however they hae not issued a recall as of yet."

Well they hae or they haevn't ?
edit; you would think it would be automatic ?

What was the lady doing lighting it now anyway ?
Edited by: "Wongy110" 7th Dec 2017
Candle in to flames guess she didn't want it to burn after all
looks better like that
A candle that burns? How come nobody thought of that before.....
Oh and....

Primark.
Banned
Just waiting for sad face photo in the Daily Mail.
I'm waiting for Poundland to get their new stock of christmas candles delivered..........
Graham197935 m ago

Just waiting for sad face photo in the Daily Mail.

Pointing at the candle.... classic sad face pose
I want one now.

It looks almost as much fun as bromine
Edited by: "Segata-Sanshiro" 7th Dec 2017
Banned
joanddan733 m ago

Pointing at the candle.... classic sad face pose

With his/her kids round them claiming Christmas is now ruined and they have PTSD and need therapy.
Think of the kids - those poor kids.

“Primark Towering inferno candle ruins Christmas for vulnerable family”
health and safety gone mad
davewave26 m ago

health and safety gone mad

Doesn't it just get on your wick?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants