Groups

    Warning -Recycling caddy pets toxic shock

    How many of you have a recycling caddy at your pets height.
    Unfortunately poor Dexter died of toxic shock after licking mouldy food that fell out of a recycling caddy

    8 Comments

    Original Poster

    More details here its not just dogs
    bbc.co.uk/new…061
    Canine toxic shock syndrome
    TSS is a serious and often fatal disease syndrome seen in dogs.
    The disease is characterised by multi-organ failure and shock.
    Without treatment a dog could die within a few hours.
    No vaccination is available for it.
    Edited by: "archer1204" 19th Feb

    Original Poster

    RSPCA London veterinary director, Caroline Allen, said: "It's absolutely heartbreaking to hear what happened to these poor dogs and our thoughts go out to their owners who must be devastated.
    "We always advise pet owners to keep bins out of reach of dogs as they can contain things which are poisonous to animals, such as raisins, chocolate or onions.
    "Mycotoxins - produced by mould - can also be dangerous so we would urge pet owners to keep bins securely and out of reach, and would advise cleaning them out regularly to avoid a build-up of mould."

    Your dog died? sorry dude

    Sorry to hear about your dog

    Original Poster

    Rom

    Your dog died? sorry dude


    i am not allowed a dog at my apartment its a warning to all pet owners

    archer1204

    i am not allowed a dog at my apartment its a warning to all pet owners


    Oh good, yeah good warning

    Original Poster

    Rom

    Oh good, yeah good warning


    Do you have a pet

    archer1204

    Do you have a pet


    Nah I also live in a flat, I'd love a dog though
    Post a comment
    Avatar
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ask and Misc quieter since for sale has gone?55
      2. Input Lag v Refresh rate on a TV..33
      3. What's the name of that brand that looks like Playstation symbols?11
      4. Tooth extraction1010

      See more discussions