Expired

WARNING SCAM: Shoes online:rescuerecovery.co.uk

Found 10th Mar 2015
As a bargain hunters site I just wanted to warn all not to be tempted by the prices being advertised at Shoes Online site Rescuerecovery.co.uk
Despite its 'UK' appearance to my cost I have found that the items that are sent to you are not genuine, not even fakes, just pairs of odd Chinese shoes that have no resemblance to what was actually ordered.
Community Updates
MiscShoes
36 Comments
Banned
How did you pay, and what was the total amount of your invoice?
Edited by: "Lyrrad" 10th Mar 2015
Domain name:
rescuerecovery.co.uk

Registrant:
Josphe Hind uk

Registrant type:
Unknown

Registrant's address:
11 east terrace wyncham ave
Sidcup
Kent
DA15 8ES
United Kingdom
Looks like a dodgy site straight away, I would never have ordered from them.

Contact form only way to contact them and their Facebook, Twitter links ect.. are not even linked. Plus the obvious poor terms and conditions.
it's really difficult to be sympathetic when somebody orders from a site with this as their 'contact us' page.

http://s4.postimg.org/6p7gpm0p9/Untitled.jpg

What is wrong with people?
Banned
Just a my 2p's worth and not a dig at the OP but a website that sounds like a car tow company would ring warning bells for me straight away plus the fact there's nothing but a form to contact the 'seller' and the website looks very basic

If you paid via Credit or Debit card then contact your bank immediately and ask them to start a chargeback.
If you paid with Paypal I would start a dispute straightaway.

You can also contact the Police/ActionFraud/CAB as this is fraudulent behavior / gaining funds by deception
Edited by: "Holly1985" 10th Mar 2015
Original Poster
Yes I know I was stupid etc. £80 credit card and yes I have contacted them to start a dispute process to try and get money back. Tried the police action fraud too - referred me to CAB and they referred back to credit card co.
Original Poster
stuarthanley

Domain name:rescuerecovery.co.ukRegistrant:Josphe Hind ukRegistrant … Domain name:rescuerecovery.co.ukRegistrant:Josphe Hind ukRegistrant type:UnknownRegistrant's address:11 east terrace wyncham aveSidcupKentDA15 8ESUnited Kingdom

Thanks for this info!
jukester

Yes I know I was stupid etc. £80 credit card and yes I have contacted … Yes I know I was stupid etc. £80 credit card and yes I have contacted them to start a dispute process to try and get money back. Tried the police action fraud too - referred me to CAB and they referred back to credit card co.

Sorry if I sounded harsh, but it's so easy to just look at their contact us page. I always do it on a site I haven't used before. Also Google for reviews for the site. You will rarely be the first person to encounter problems.

I hope you get your money back, and that the lesson you have learned didn't cost you.
Banned
jukester

Yes I know I was stupid etc. £80 credit card and yes I have contacted … Yes I know I was stupid etc. £80 credit card and yes I have contacted them to start a dispute process to try and get money back. Tried the police action fraud too - referred me to CAB and they referred back to credit card co.

Shame, it needs to be over £100 for section 75 refund. Persue it though, they should refund you.
Original Poster
I should have seen the faults with the site but google didn't turn up any reports of problems - which is the main reason for me wanting to at least post something online, in case anyone else is as gullible as me!
Photo of the shoes you received please.
jukester

I should have seen the faults with the site but google didn't turn up any … I should have seen the faults with the site but google didn't turn up any reports of problems - which is the main reason for me wanting to at least post something online, in case anyone else is as gullible as me!

Ok, no reviews as such but Googling 'rescuerecovery.co.uk reviews' bring this as 8th link

http://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/rescuerecovery.co.uk

Equally though, the fact that there are no reviews itself should ring alarm bells.
Edited by: "deeky" 10th Mar 2015
I love their shipping info page...

5. Q:What should I do if I never received the shipment?

A: Shipping takes 6-11 days worldwide. A tracking number will be sent to you within 48 hours so you can track the progress of your order online.Please allow up to 5 days for the shipping company to update the information on their website.Shipping is Guaranteed.

6 Q: What should I do if I never received the shipment?

A:The rule is simple if you did not receive the item in a month from when it was sent out, we will fully refund you payment.
Original Poster
deeky

Ok, no reviews as such but Googling 'rescuerecovery.co.uk reviews' bring … Ok, no reviews as such but Googling 'rescuerecovery.co.uk reviews' bring this as 8th linkhttp://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/rescuerecovery.co.ukEqually though, the fact that there are no reviews itself should ring alarm bells.

Pleased that is up there now - I placed the order on 21 February - didn't see any entries then. Take your point about no reviews.
This bit made me laugh:

1. Q: What kind of payment do you accept?

A: You can pay for your products by Paypal or Credit Card or Western Union、Money Transfer. If customers need to buy large sums of goods, we strongly recommend Western Union Money Transfer.

:D:D:D
Edited by: "0BS1D1AN" 12th Mar 2015
OldEnglish

I bought shoes from a drug dealer. I don't know what he laced them with … I bought shoes from a drug dealer. I don't know what he laced them with but I've been tripping all day.

Cobblers!
fanpages

Cobblers!

OldEnglish

I bought shoes from a drug dealer. I don't know what he laced them with … I bought shoes from a drug dealer. I don't know what he laced them with but I've been tripping all day.

Was that at your sole discretion?
deleted265520
You've been had my son.
dtovey89

You've been had my son.

He'el not do it again.(_;)
deleted265520
Inactive

He'el not do it again.(_;)

I'm a frayed knot.

He sounds like he will fall for many of scam sites.
rescue recovery lol. what does that have to do with shoes? they've just squatted on an old domain. a search for anything that's likely to have chinese fakes, e.g. sunglasses, you'll see they've bought up loads of weird old unused domains to help boost them up the google rankings.

still it's no michaelkorsselfridges or whatever it was that caused a black friday meltdown on here.
Original Poster
You would laugh if I could upload the photo of what they sent me. I ordered a pair of Bates Goretex motorcycle boots what they sent me are not motorcycle boots; not the same colour, appear to be plastic, have no side zip, and have Chinese lettering down the side. Received reply today in response to my request for a refund. It said
"these goods are similar, the goods you receive are more cool than you order first in our opinion"
jukester

You would laugh if I could upload the photo of what they sent me. I … You would laugh if I could upload the photo of what they sent me. I ordered a pair of Bates Goretex motorcycle boots what they sent me are not motorcycle boots; not the same colour, appear to be plastic, have no side zip, and have Chinese lettering down the side. Received reply today in response to my request for a refund. It said "these goods are similar, the goods you receive are more cool than you order first in our opinion"

Haha, more cool! They're saying you have bad taste in shoes!
OK, I stupidly did this also. I wrongly assumed the UK domain and didn’t look twice.

Reading some of the comments. and hope this further assists from my understanding / experience:

The dispute is how you should deal with this through your bank, providing you have paid via VISA.

Or dispute with PayPal if done so (similarly). Some points:

1. Check your order confirmation value, I was confirmed 55 GBP, they took 57.70 GBP. If so, difference from the order confirmation is Theft. All be it 2.70 GBP a difference.

2. There operating falsely under a UK registrant. So they have a contact in the UK or resident registered against this. i.e. a person to find. There operating from SZ in China.

3. If you do receive goods and there not as per the description. I.e. new pair of "XYZ" as procured then this is fraud and false sale.

4. Dependent on you bank, you generally can’t raise a dispute until 14 days from the funds being transacted. Possibly “Sez Wen” on your statement. There also shifting account statements and references to “try” and cover up.

Your bank should deal with this primarily. They also lodge fraudulent activity with the relative authorities. Push you bank providing your either visa or PayPal. If your bank doesn’t do this I suggest closing your account.

Noting:

Rescuerecovery.co.uk is a recent cover site.

Fristpay has been at large for some time, using similar “shoe” schemes. Its fristpay.com you are pursuing as they extracted the funds.

Personally, I am confident I will retrieve the funds. Annoyingly the culprits may survive.

Advice: if buying on the net use only visa, wither it be visa card details entered or PayPal (with a visa card). Visa provide the security and recovery once the act has been uncovered or noticed (via your bank).

Good Luck.
Corn370

Annoyingly the culprits may survive.

Is your credit card company dispatching a hit squad to take care of them? oO
OldEnglish

Brilliant!
Thanks OP, not everyone is a wise online shopper, well done for being honest on what is a costly mistake!
Original Poster
davewave

Thanks OP, not everyone is a wise online shopper, well done for being … Thanks OP, not everyone is a wise online shopper, well done for being honest on what is a costly mistake!

That's so nice of you to say - thanks!

I am happy to report that this week MasterCard refunded the monies through 'chargeback'. They sent a form to fill out giving details of what happened and wanted copies of all correspondence a few weeks back. So good news in the end.
Original Poster

Corn370

Annoyingly the culprits may survive.

I know how you feel !

jukester

That's so nice of you to say - thanks!I am happy to report that this week … That's so nice of you to say - thanks!I am happy to report that this week MasterCard refunded the monies through 'chargeback'. They sent a form to fill out giving details of what happened and wanted copies of all correspondence a few weeks back. So good news in the end.

Glad you got your money back in the end. You have now gained valuable experience for free X)
Has anyone been able to get their money back? Having read this page I'm getting a bad feeling about my purchase
suckeredagain1

Has anyone been able to get their money back? Having read this page I'm … Has anyone been able to get their money back? Having read this page I'm getting a bad feeling about my purchase

oh dear

I've just been conned out of £100 in similar circumstances. I've been looking for a specific pair of shoes for months, and noticed that "Shoes Online" had exactly the ones. The advertised price was about £90'ish and I placed an order, paying with my visa debit card. I smelt a rat immediately when I did not get an order acknowledgement, and then found that £100.08 had been taken from my account with the reference "AIP*TUTHYD CO". The website address for Shoes Online was: ludoedoff.com. About 3 weeks later a pair of rubbishy shoes, no resemblance to the ones ordered arrived from China - company called "DaiBo" in Guangdong. I should have known better, but will try for a cashback from my bank!
Hello! I am from Romania and I was Googling for a Valentino pair of shoes and I found this site from UK but the prices are very low and I can' t find any review about this site. Did anyone heard about it?The site is wmff.co.uk
Thank you?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions