WARNING: 'techsave2006' on eBay systematically misleads buyers on the condition of items.

Posted 12th Dec 2018Edited by:"goobiepls"
ebay.co.uk/usr…006

T
o take advantage of the 15% off offer that has been floating about, I bought a Nokia 8 at their store described as an 'order cancellation return, open box' item (i.e. mint condition). It arrived with most of the 'Nokia' lettering on the back missing, numerous scratches on the back and screen, and even came with a micro USB cable for the charger instead of the USB-C cable that the phone actually uses.., in short: completely inaccurate condition description. Totally blatant attempt at a ripoff.

photos: imgur.com/a/b…FM1

I offered the seller the chance to make it right by exchanging the phone for another one in the correct condition (which were available) and he insisted on a return/refund. It remains to be seen whether I will even get it... there is feedback citing delays in being refunded and in some cases no refund being given.

I wondered whether it was just a mistake on their part, but went and checked the feedback and it turns out that they have had A LOT of 'neutral' and negative feedback, all complaining about the same thing: that the condition descriptions were entirely misleading.

Absolutely: avoid. Cannot be trusted at all. I wish there was a way of broadcasting this more widely, because people don't deserve to be scammed like this.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
goobiepls13/12/2018 00:58

Many thanks for your valueless, petty comment.

Why is it a petty comment? Seems sensible to me.
deleted701517
The trick is to check the seller's feedback before you purchase, not after.
23 Comments
If you posted pictures of the condition of the one you received it would reinforce what you are saying (not for the fact I am doubting you at all because I'm not) but sometimes pictures do speak a thousand words.
harlzter2 m ago

If you posted pictures of the condition of the one you received it would …If you posted pictures of the condition of the one you received it would reinforce what you are saying (not for the fact I am doubting you at all because I'm not) but sometimes pictures do speak a thousand words.

You're totally right, I have added a gallery to the OP. Thanks!
deleted701517
deleted70151713/12/2018 00:24

goobiepls13/12/2018 00:58

Why is it a petty comment? Seems sensible to me.
Nokia lettering looks pretty much intact and can only see one tiny scratch

I guess some people aren't easily pleased and like to have a rant in public
chocci13/12/2018 06:29

Nokia lettering looks pretty much intact and can only see one tiny …Nokia lettering looks pretty much intact and can only see one tiny scratchI guess some people aren't easily pleased and like to have a rant in public

36477686-rvOjz.jpg
If you'd be happy buying a 'New (other)' (i.e. 'open box') item and receiving one that looked this then more power to you, but you should demand better for yourself. I'm sorry if my anger makes you uncomfortable, by the way. I am just making a PSA so that one less person has to waste their time with these people.

Edited by: "goobiepls" 13th Dec 2018
goobiepls13th Dec

[Image] If you'd be happy buying a 'New (other)' item and receiving one …[Image] If you'd be happy buying a 'New (other)' item and receiving one that looked this then more power to you, but you should demand better for yourself. I'm sorry if my anger makes you uncomfortable, by the way. I am just making a PSA so that one less person has to waste their time with these people.

Yes you're right, it is misleading and I would consider it a waste of time also. Sellers should take more time looking at actual item condition before listing and make more listings if necessary, when they receive their 'job lots'

I don't see the point in others trying to justify the condition. It's clearly not under the sellers own description of New Other:
New Other
These units are new and complete, other than the box may have been opened, the manufacturers seal may be broken and the box may have some light damage.

(Note the box may have some light damage, not the inner item)
Edited by: "drasim" 13th Dec 2018
goobiepls13/12/2018 08:55

[Image] If you'd be happy buying a 'New (other)' item and receiving one …[Image] If you'd be happy buying a 'New (other)' item and receiving one that looked this then more power to you, but you should demand better for yourself. I'm sorry if my anger makes you uncomfortable, by the way. I am just making a PSA so that one less person has to waste their time with these people.

The chances of anyone reading this thread before purchasing from this ebay seller are zero
dufflecoat_moon_turkey13/12/2018 11:44

Comment deleted

Some people cant be helped at all, whereas others are quite grateful of help as per cloudthecats recent thread where they gave a shout-out to publicly thank another member and show their gratitude, not everyone is an ungrateful git. I realised today I had a techsave2006 item in my watch list which was promptly removed. I likely wouldn't have purchased but now its a definitely wont purchase. So thanks OP.
harlzter8 m ago

Some people cant be helped at all, whereas others are quite grateful of …Some people cant be helped at all, whereas others are quite grateful of help as per cloudthecats recent thread where they gave a shout-out to publicly thank another member and show their gratitude, not everyone is an ungrateful git. I realised today I had a techsave2006 item in my watch list which was promptly removed. I likely wouldn't have purchased but now its a definitely wont purchase. So thanks OP.

Hey, no worries at all. Thanks very much for commenting
deleted701517
Actually it's three now.
deleted701517
You missed the third one. Evidence has gone.
I wish I had seen this thread before buying from these muppets. They sold me an Xbox One controller listed as "new (other)", but it arrived scratched, with dirt and fingerprints on it. Didn't want the hassle of a return, so offered the compromise of a partial refund (to take the overall price down to what I would have paid for a "used" listing), but they've declined - and are still insisting the item is new. Have to waste my time posting this back now.

My advice is avoid these clowns.
... I just ordered a 55 inch TV from them.. Listed as new (other) as well.. Hopefully everything is fine
ebay though, so no chance of losing your money / not getting refunded.

Just post it back at their expense.
Josh_millen07/09/2019 17:18

... I just ordered a 55 inch TV from them.. Listed as new (other) as …... I just ordered a 55 inch TV from them.. Listed as new (other) as well.. Hopefully everything is fine

was everything fine?
I've just ordered something from them. Not shown as dispatched. Asked if it had been. Replied quick saying yes. Asked for tracking. Radio silence......
whotookiamatree05/12/2019 20:59

was everything fine?I've just ordered something from them. Not shown as …was everything fine?I've just ordered something from them. Not shown as dispatched. Asked if it had been. Replied quick saying yes. Asked for tracking. Radio silence......

Everything was fine, also bought a monitor from them
Josh_millen05/12/2019 23:46

Everything was fine, also bought a monitor from them

Good to hear. Did you get tracking or dispatch notices or did the stuff just turn up?
whotookiamatree05/12/2019 23:58

Good to hear. Did you get tracking or dispatch notices or did the stuff …Good to hear. Did you get tracking or dispatch notices or did the stuff just turn up?

Yeah I got tracking on both
Josh_millen06/12/2019 00:00

Yeah I got tracking on both

Hmm I’ve got nothing. We’ll se me if it turns up. Cheers for your input
Just wanted to update this. I purchased a high end gpu for around £675 and it arrives quickly within 2 days and works fine
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants