Warning - WhatsApp Scam offering FREE Alton Towers / Thorpe Park tickets

Found 12th Jun
Keep an eye out for this one folks, there's a new Whatsapp scam doing the rounds in the form of a 'Free Alton Towers Ticket' offer

WhatsApp users should NOT click on a free Alton Towers ticket offer! This hoax message is an attempt to trick users into handing over personal details as they hope to win tickets

• The message includes a link to a malicious website
  • Users are asked to answer a few questions before sharing the link with friends
  • Alton Towers are not running this Free Ticket offer and advises users not to click or share the link

A spokesperson from the theme park said: "We are aware of a ticket offer being shared on social media that claims to be from Alton Towers Resort.

We all know someone who always to fall for these things so pass it on

Community Updates
7 Comments
Thanks for the heads up Millarcat, I'll be passing this information on to friends and fam.

I recently had a weird message from WhatsApp saying that what app saying that WhatsApp will cost soon. In the message though was a link and also in the message there were phrases such as ‘ this is not a joke’ These are phrases which I can’t imagine WhatsApp users using.
I had one of these yesterday for Thorpe park.

I noticed there was a dot under the "E" which looked suspicious, apparently if you click the link it sends it to your contacts too
kelly198756 m ago

I had one of these yesterday for Thorpe park.I noticed there was a dot …I had one of these yesterday for Thorpe park.I noticed there was a dot under the "E" which looked suspicious, apparently if you click the link it sends it to your contacts too

I dont understand how whatsapp doesn't know about this. The best thing to do is just delete them
deleted1431257
james123456891 h, 32 m ago

I recently had a weird message from WhatsApp saying that what app saying …I recently had a weird message from WhatsApp saying that what app saying that WhatsApp will cost soon. In the message though was a link and also in the message there were phrases such as ‘ this is not a joke’ These are phrases which I can’t imagine WhatsApp users using.

WhatsApp has been free since 2016 and will always be free according to Facebook so the message you've reeceived is a scam
Edited by: "deleted1431257" 12th Jun
deleted1431257
I had one of these from family who forwarded me the message two weeks ago, thought it was too good to be true and left it, glad I did now and as soon as I saw this I deleted the message. Thanks for the heads up.
james1234568912 h, 54 m ago

I recently had a weird message from WhatsApp saying that what app saying …I recently had a weird message from WhatsApp saying that what app saying that WhatsApp will cost soon. In the message though was a link and also in the message there were phrases such as ‘ this is not a joke’ These are phrases which I can’t imagine WhatsApp users using.

The annoying part is, even the educated friends send you the message and 10% of people in your WhatsApp list
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants