Warranty claim with no reciept?

Got a Hewlett Packard printer that is terminally ill. The warranty doens't expire until May this year but I paid cash (pc world) and can't find the reciept.

Is there any chance HP might honour a claim?

8 Comments

can't see it, my laptop died after 13 months and they would not fix it, they wanted over £200 to fix it..

Original Poster

ukmonkey;7353156

can't see it, my laptop died after 13 months and they would not fix it, … can't see it, my laptop died after 13 months and they would not fix it, they wanted over £200 to fix it..

But my warranty is still valid though (bought in March)

Well as part of a warranty you need to PROVE when you bought it - no receipt and I doubt they will do anything

did they take your name and address instore?

if so it'll appear on their MCSD database.
take in the printer with a form of ID and they should be able to get it sorted.

it may be a repair from HP, it may be a straight swop depending on the cost of the printer originally

Original Poster

slackrat77;7353535

did they take your name and address instore?if so it'll appear on their … did they take your name and address instore?if so it'll appear on their MCSD database.take in the printer with a form of ID and they should be able to get it sorted.it may be a repair from HP, it may be a straight swap depending on the cost of the printer originally

Cheers

bargainhunter2009;7353531

Well as part of a warranty you need to PROVE when you bought it - no … Well as part of a warranty you need to PROVE when you bought it - no receipt and I doubt they will do anything

No original box either actually. Might just sell it

Bank statement would do it for proof of purchase - get on your online banking

otherwise phone and speak to them, nothing to lose. I did something similar and they asked for a serial number sort of thing which verified how old it was, worth a phone call if nothing else

worst case scenario you should get a swap or credit note

good luck

jonesytheblade;7353633

Bank statement would do it for proof of purchase - get on your online … Bank statement would do it for proof of purchase - get on your online bankingotherwise phone and speak to them, nothing to lose. I did something similar and they asked for a serial number sort of thing which verified how old it was, worth a phone call if nothing elseworst case scenario you should get a swap or credit notegood luck

op said he paid cash - anyway, a lot of places WONT accept bank statements

if they took your name and address when you bought it, just proof of ID will be enough
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846097
    2. PDF Drive is your search engine for PDF files. No annoying ads, no download…11
    3. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!1010
    4. Sad news about Barcelona1116

See more discussions