Groups

Warranty conditions

Hey all

I purchased a Samsung NC10 in July last year and now the plastic around the screen (near the hinge) is starting to crack. I got it from Currys, so would it be best to take it back there or contact Samsung direct.

If the Currys option, does anyone know if I can do this in store or would it have to be on the web (how I purchased it?)

Appreciate any advice. I am seriously peeved at this though, I thought the NC10 was supposed to be one of the best in it's class!

Cheers all

Foxy

8 Comments

Your contract is Currys so best to go there.

t0mm;8273944

Your contract is Currys so best to go there.

+1 Retailer.

Banned

moob;8273992

+1 Retailer.

moob where ya been ,my wee darlin:-D

Yea currys is best bet tho probably have to send it off 4 u to samsung to repair as I work 4 comet it's a similar process

Banned

gemvis;8274260

Yea currys is best bet tho probably have to send it off 4 u to samsung to … Yea currys is best bet tho probably have to send it off 4 u to samsung to repair as I work 4 comet it's a similar process

a ******* hate currys,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just saying:x

you ring customer services, they send a courier out to collect it, they determine if its wear n tear, accidental/malicious damage or a fault in the manufacturing process.

then they deem whether its economical to fix.
    if it is, you could wait up to 28 days for it to be returned (unless you have the premium whatever happens service and then its only 10 and you get a loan netbook)

if its fixed, you'll get it back, if its not, you'll get a voucher to choose the nearest available spec one

you can ask a store to book it in, but its generally quicker for you to get it collected from your own choice of address.

when its something like a cracked hinge casing, they do want to make sure it hasnt been abused, which is only fair.

Original Poster

slackrat77;8274751

you ring customer services, they send a courier out to collect it, they … you ring customer services, they send a courier out to collect it, they determine if its wear n tear, accidental/malicious damage or a fault in the manufacturing process.then they deem whether its economical to fix.if it is, you could wait up to 28 days for it to be returned (unless you have the premium whatever happens service and then its only 10 and you get a loan netbook)if its fixed, you'll get it back, if its not, you'll get a voucher to choose the nearest available spec oneyou can ask a store to book it in, but its generally quicker for you to get it collected from your own choice of address.when its something like a cracked hinge casing, they do want to make sure it hasnt been abused, which is only fair.

Its immaculate apart from that.

Foxy102;8274963

Its immaculate apart from that.

good stuff, they'll still wanna see it tho, covering their own backs.

have seen laptops come back into store which are immaculate apart from a nasty split inside the screen where its had pressure applied to the lid of the laptop, causing the screen inside to split and leak.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Biscuit addiction1435
      2. Nightmare with BT over Broadband89
      3. Any solicitors? Leasehold covenant Query "business use"22
      4. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1327

See more discussions