Expired

Warranty For A Dell Laptop

Found 24th Jan 2011
My DS's Inspiron 1545 is just coming to the end of it's 1 year warranty. I was looking to extend the warranty for a further period. Dell has quoted £125 for 3 years. This does not include accidental damage.
Are there any other companies that can offer a better price? I did try and hangle the price but they would not budge.
Thanks in advance

7 Comments

Persoannly the price is good if its for the full 3 years.ie 4 years in total. Its sometimes worth waiting a little longer...ie closer to the expiry date they sometimes offer better prices :-)

Accidental damage is covered on your house insurance anyway (if you have it)

Does the warranty cover the battery? If it does, an official Dell battery is very expensive, and will probably need replacing at around its 3rd anniversary

It least if you have Dell warranty, a dell certified engineer repairs it

Original Poster

tyke-eng

Persoannly the price is good if its for the full 3 years.ie 4 years in … Persoannly the price is good if its for the full 3 years.ie 4 years in total. Its sometimes worth waiting a little longer...ie closer to the expiry date they sometimes offer better prices :-)Accidental damage is covered on your house insurance anyway (if you have it)Does the warranty cover the battery? If it does, an official Dell battery is very expensive, and will probably need replacing at around its 3rd anniversaryIt least if you have Dell warranty, a dell certified engineer repairs it

I'll wait as you say for the near the expiry date i have about 3 weeks left. Now that i have called them they will probably call and offer me better, if not then i'm prepared to pay the £120

is a good price for an extra 2 years is that NBD or collect and return

Original Poster

davver99

is a good price for an extra 2 years is that NBD or collect and return

it would be NBD and for 3 years

Lilly_White

it would be NBD and for 3 years

yer its a good price

that price is standard now for 3 years, they charge a extra 'fee' if you extend your warranty a month after your current warranty expires.

Just to let you know the battery wont be covered,but it is a pretty good price.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just a heads up about fake noodles being sold1619
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7771869
    3. PlayStation VR is the number 1 selling product on Amazon right now1221
    4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19548043

See more discussions