Groups

warranty of sony mp3, bought from play.com.

Dear friends,
    i bought a sony a818 last month, deal spotted here. then i dropped it on the floor on day, there were lots dust in the screen now. to get rid of the dust, i tried to open the back, but unfortunely, i broke some wire, now only blank white screen.
    Any one knows any similar situation or whether it's possible to get it repaired or replaced?
    Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards

6 Comments

it usually voids the warranty if you tamper with the back/insides of things

You killed it and under no circumstaces would a warranty cover you, even accidental as the damage is caused by recklesness, can you not repair the broken wire? maybe solder it?

Original Poster

thanks a lot for the reply.
    but there is nothing like tag avoiding me to open it. and how can they tell whether it's opened?
    it's like a brown paper, with some wires enclosed in. i thought that was some kinds of covering paper.

some people would order another one and then send this one back saying it was faulty when received, not me though:whistling:

chenzz;3072823

thanks a lot for the reply. but there is nothing like tag avoiding me to … thanks a lot for the reply. but there is nothing like tag avoiding me to open it. and how can they tell whether it's opened?it's like a brown paper, with some wires enclosed in. i thought that was some kinds of covering paper.

they could prolly tell by the damage caused

chenzz;3072823

and how can they tell whether it's opened?

By reading your confession here!!!:whistling::whistling::whistling:

Oh and often by simply looking at the screws, they are often easily marked by a screwdriver.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free JackpotJoy Plate44
      2. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2121
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 3977
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1414

See more discussions