Groups

Warranty Transfer Xbox 360

Is this possible?
    Just bought an xbox off ebay and the seller think's it's not possible?
    I think it but just want to confirm it?

13 Comments

Original Poster

guru_the;5145836

You phone MS they send you one for free. Takes a while thou.Also guys on … You phone MS they send you one for free. Takes a while thou.Also guys on here can't sell you one, as it has no value (free) so not allowed to sell only borrow.Check AVforums, people lend them to you there

What do they send for free?

Original Poster

guru_the;5145861

Had bought 2 for 20 quid, but didn't use the 2nd one.

Bought what?

Just phone MS and tell them to tranferr

Original Poster

guru_the;5145873

Yep for free MS number is .... can't access at work. its a freephone … Yep for free MS number is .... can't access at work. its a freephone number also.Might have to check if your system is registried to you also.ie get the seller to call MS and transferr any warrante to you.

It's registered to him.
    He thinks the warranty is not transferable.
    What were you on about earlier you've confused me.

Original Poster

So it's possible.

PM'ed you.

As long as he was the first owner and it is registered to him, either by internet or by phone, he can either log in via the web and change the details to yours, and your email, then provide you with the password to log in, OR he willl have to phone up and get it changed.

Original Poster

DudeyGeeza;5145958

As long as he was the first owner and it is registered to him, either by … As long as he was the first owner and it is registered to him, either by internet or by phone, he can either log in via the web and change the details to yours, and your email, then provide you with the password to log in, OR he willl have to phone up and get it changed.

Met-Cast;5146072

Yes sorry that wasnt too clear, once he changes all the details including to your email it will let you login with your password to your msn account, It should no longer let him login, the only issue could be that the online account with it all under his live account, could still need his live account to sign in, but the details will show as yours on his live account, so a call to ms may be needed to swap it dude

Original Poster

DudeyGeeza;5146174

Yes sorry that wasnt too clear, once he changes all the details including … Yes sorry that wasnt too clear, once he changes all the details including to your email it will let you login with your password to your msn account, It should no longer let him login,

So it'll be associated with my Gamertag and I'll be able to issue repairs and get the console collected from where I choose?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2020

See more discussions