Groups

Warranty with Medion Laptop

Hi

I bought a medion laptop from a local shop last month and the motherboard has already gone dead.

I have sent it to medion as it came with 12 months warranty, but they say the warranty is void as I bought it from a unofficial retailer. The laptop was only retailed in Sainsburys and because I didnt buy from sainsbury they cant help

I have spoken to the local shop and they say its the manufactures duty to cover the warranty.

Can anyone advise where I stand with this?

25 Comments

Did you buy it second hand or as a new item?

In any case the shop is required to the deal with it, unless they sold you the computer as non working/for spare parts.

Medion, unfortunately doesn't have to do anything.

It's down to the seller to sort it out. Demand a refund.

Original Poster

i bought it brand new from the shop

Unless the shop can provide you with the original Sainsbury's receipt Medion will not help.

Have Medion sent the laptop back yet?

Original Poster

SUMMONER;4550210

Unless the shop can provide you with the original Sainsbury's receipt … Unless the shop can provide you with the original Sainsbury's receipt Medion will not help. Have Medion sent the laptop back yet?

i have asked medion to hold on to the laptop until I have spoken to the shop.

medion have agreed to send the laptop back free of charge

ah good luck with that, my sister bought it from sainsburys and it keeps switching itself off, hasn't done anything about it yet though. Seems they prob were cheap for a reason!

medion have agreed to send the laptop back free of charge

Nice of them. I would have expected them to charge carriage and an inspection fee.

See if the shop can't provide a copy of the Sainsburys receipt. If they can't get the laptop back from Medion and take it back to the shop for refund.

Original Poster

owens101;4550243

ah good luck with that, my sister bought it from sainsburys and it keeps … ah good luck with that, my sister bought it from sainsburys and it keeps switching itself off, hasn't done anything about it yet though. Seems they prob were cheap for a reason!

do you know what model it is?

Banned

what shop was this brought from and what warranty did they give you on it

Original Poster

SUMMONER;4550256

Nice of them. I would have expected them to charge carriage and an … Nice of them. I would have expected them to charge carriage and an inspection fee.See if the shop can't provide a copy of the Sainsburys receipt. If they can't get the laptop back from Medion and take it back to the shop for refund.

they did want to, had to argue for 30 mins

Original Poster

sassie;4550304

what shop was this brought from and what warranty did they give you on it

it was bought from access telecom (just a local shop), they advised 12 months with medion

Banned

rashriaz;4550313

it was bought from access telecom (just a local shop), they advised 12 … it was bought from access telecom (just a local shop), they advised 12 months with medion

so the actual shop never gave you a warranty on this? Is it like a second hand shop or something, sorry i have never heard of it

owens101;4550243

ah good luck with that, my sister bought it from sainsburys and it keeps … ah good luck with that, my sister bought it from sainsburys and it keeps switching itself off, hasn't done anything about it yet though. Seems they prob were cheap for a reason!

They must have a pretty poor cooling system (happens to my Gateway laptop every now and then), even if the vents underneath aren't obstructed, normal running (esp if the dvd drive is used) generates enough heat to trip the bios temp thing and it shuts itself down.

Did you pay for it on a credit card?

Original Poster

sassie;4550321

so the actual shop never gave you a warranty on this? Is it like a second … so the actual shop never gave you a warranty on this? Is it like a second hand shop or something, sorry i have never heard of it

they sell new phones and laptops

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD;4550360

Did you pay for it on a credit card?

yes

Banned

rashriaz;4550370

they sell new phones and laptops

well if it was only available through sainsburys then how did this shop have it, they must have a receipt for the originol purchase

Original Poster

sassie;4550383

well if it was only available through sainsburys then how did this shop … well if it was only available through sainsburys then how did this shop have it, they must have a receipt for the originol purchase

exactly they said they will find out if they had the receipt

Banned

rashriaz;4550400

exactly they said they will find out if they had the receipt

errrmmm maybe a dodgy shop dealing in knock off goods, get ya butt back down to the shop and tell them to sort it, also contact your cc company, they are also responsible if you are having problems

Banned

when mine was sent off to medion i had to show proof of purchase for them to sort it

rashriaz;4550377

yes

Contact your card provider saying you need to make a claim as your covered on purchases over £100. Loads on the net about it. Was it from the store in South Norwood?

All purchases over £100 and under £30,000 made on credit cards are covered by Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. If you pay for an item on your credit card and a problem arises (e.g. breach of contract, false information, faulty goods or non-delivery) with this purchase, the credit card company is held equally liable by law as the supplier.

Original Poster

Was it from the store in South Norwood?

yes, it was from there. is it dodgy ??

rashriaz;4550465

Was it from the store in South Norwood?yes, it was from there. is it … Was it from the store in South Norwood?yes, it was from there. is it dodgy ??

No thats fine as it's limited company so it wont be an issue dealing with the credit card company. You may want to mention to them that you are going to claim the money back from your credit card company and the may well give you the refund as they might not want the hassle.

Original Poster

kewl, thanks for your help guys

Your contract is with the shop, not Medion. any faults and it's down the the shop.

Small claims court.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How to cancel Sky subscription33
      2. How to unblock a vacuum hose which is completely jammed with dust and fluff…45
      3. Xbox One S or Xbox One X89
      4. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1328

See more discussions