Found 10th Jan 2010
Looking to take the family away to around Warrington and wondered if you lovely people could tell me really decent places to take the kids (7-9 yrs old). I have found Gullivers World but could do with some free entry vouchers if anyone has any.

Thanks in advance for your help

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
25 Comments

Theres only gullivers world and ikea in warrington, hardly worth making the effort imo :thumbsup:

We went to the Ikea last week, and Gullivers 20th December. I wouldn't recommend either for a family break lol

will it be when the weather is better?

i asked because walton gardens is lovely...and if you venture to st helens the safari park? also nearby Dunham massey, Speke hall etc...we joined national trust family membership through quidco so free house, gardens etc all year-well worth it. My son loves doing the quizes they provide and the kids learn something too.

oh works out at £48 for the year family membership and you can go to any nationally free...most of these places now have adventure playgrounds and are very family friendly...very different from how they used to be. They have picnic areas etc..good facilities.

plumberman01;7493622

will it be when the weather is better?i asked because walton gardens is … will it be when the weather is better?i asked because walton gardens is lovely...and if you venture to st helens the safari park? also nearby Dunham massey, Speke hall etc...we joined national trust family membership through quidco so free house, gardens etc all year-well worth it. My son loves doing the quizes they provide and the kids learn something too.

Knowsley safari park, speke hall and dunham massey arent in warrington :thumbsup:

transit;7493692

Knowsley safari park, speke hall and dunham massey arent in warrington … Knowsley safari park, speke hall and dunham massey arent in warrington :thumbsup:

and did i say they were?

plumberman01;7493699

and did i say they were?

The OP is Warrington :roll:

transit;7493708

The OP is Warrington :roll:

:thumbsup: ok then well ikea or gullivers it is

he said around...

plumberman01;7493727

:thumbsup: ok then well ikea or gullivers it is

:thumbsup::)

transit;7493731

:thumbsup::)

and stop shaking that flipping tail at me:x

if you want a day out - Chester Zoo + Blue Planet Aquarium not far from my hometown warrington

I work in the Mcdonalds opposite IKEA

Bigpoppaad;7493762

if you want a day out - Chester Zoo + Blue Planet Aquarium not far from … if you want a day out - Chester Zoo + Blue Planet Aquarium not far from my hometown warringtonI work in the Mcdonalds opposite IKEA

lol my o/h has just been the drive-through there

what about

nationaltrust.org.uk/mai…ark

again not in warrington

plumberman01;7493770

lol my o/h has just been the drive-through therewhat about … lol my o/h has just been the drive-through therewhat about http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w-tattonparkagain not in warrington

I left at 12

Banned

`the dream` sculpture is good if you are near ikea. : )

where are you from cant you just take days out from where you are.

Warrington is a poo hole mate, goto Chester instead !

ChrisUK;7494686

Warrington is a poo hole mate, goto Chester instead !

there are places worth visiting all over the north west including liverpool:thumbsup:

Tesco?

Original Poster

thank you for all your answers.

I am willing to travel so will check out chester. My children are big liverpool fans so will take them there.

Not sure ikea is top of my list. Is there any vouchers for knowsley safari or chester zoo, also gullivers world if poss. I am looking to travel during easter, so weather will probably be pants. :lol:

cheshiredaysout.co.uk/

some vouchers here? and its a good site covers all cheshire. I would say gullivers is to young for your boys as a ot of the rides are tailored to younger kids...and unless your 9year old is quite tame they will be disappointed....try camelotthemepark.co.uk/ as it will open 2nd april-i always took my kids there-bigger rides and shows..very nice
Will cost you a mint tho if you do chester zoo etc..like i said national trust will be a lot less but depends what your kids like?

If you're members of the National Trust, may be worth checking Quarry Bank Mill out, is around 30 mins away depending on where you are in Warrington nationaltrust.org.uk/mai…ate

EDIT: this may also be of some use if you're going to Chester zoo, though don't know if its still true hotukdeals.com/ite…-99

RickyBobby;7515026

If you're members of the National Trust, may be worth checking Quarry … If you're members of the National Trust, may be worth checking Quarry Bank Mill out, is around 30 mins away depending on where you are in Warrington http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w-quarrybankmillandstyalestate

thanks we havent been there...but we had our moneys worth so far-its so worth joining-we are never short of a place to go.

Original Poster

Thanks think I might join, there are some great castles in scotland that are national trust

loll1es;7515320

Thanks think I might join, there are some great castles in scotland that … Thanks think I might join, there are some great castles in scotland that are national trust

if you go to quidco and go to national tust you will see how little it costs and all the lovely places you can go to?

what i hated this year was walton park 1000s of kids...my kids geting lost cos so many...then the bliss of the playcentres at the nt properties where i could have a picnic and sit and watch em :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769471
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247632
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52422868
    4. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet2355

See more discussions