Warwick

Found 12th May
Hi folks my wife and I are going Warwick at end June any ideas what too do except the castle as the jousting not on day were there ! Tia
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
Depends what you like but St Nicholas Park if you want to hire a boat go for a walk. If you want something to eat I would recommend the Saxon Mill pub for its historic and beautiful architecture. The Royal Pump Rooms also if you like museums and art. Stratford upon Avon is not to far away and in My view even nicer place to visit but i do love Warwick and it's castle. Is it just you visiting are you taking kids how long you staying I could give more places to visit if i knew a bit more.
larrylightweight5 h, 31 m ago

Depends what you like but St Nicholas Park if you want to hire a boat go …Depends what you like but St Nicholas Park if you want to hire a boat go for a walk. If you want something to eat I would recommend the Saxon Mill pub for its historic and beautiful architecture. The Royal Pump Rooms also if you like museums and art. Stratford upon Avon is not to far away and in My view even nicer place to visit but i do love Warwick and it's castle. Is it just you visiting are you taking kids how long you staying I could give more places to visit if i knew a bit more.

St Nicholas Park yup agree with that could spend hours there- also the history museum is next to the car park there and it’s free I think (donations welcome) also The Mill Garden is directly outside the Castle and it’s cheap to get into very! Most people don’t know its there and walk past it! Rose and Crown is a wicked place for a meal out. But my favourite place to lunch etc is again directly outside Castle place called Oken House proper tea proper cakes and proper lunch!
The castle does organise a lot of events during the day which are well presented (birds, archery etc). A pity about the jousting as its very well done as is the Trebouche. The king Maker exhibition costs extra but is good. The house tour has been dumbed down very considerably and isn't a patch on a good National Trust house

Some of the things I enjoy a local potter round

St Marys church where Dudley (of Liz I and Dudley fame) is buried. If you can catch organ or choir practise, its very calming
guyscliffewalledgarden.org.uk/ opposite the Saxon Mill
The canal up towards Hatton Locks
lordleycester.com/
St Nichs park as others have said

Slightly further afield is Kenilworth Castle and the Millenium walk.
ccnp2 h, 53 m ago

The castle does organise a lot of events during the day which are well …The castle does organise a lot of events during the day which are well presented (birds, archery etc). A pity about the jousting as its very well done as is the Trebouche. The king Maker exhibition costs extra but is good. The house tour has been dumbed down very considerably and isn't a patch on a good National Trust houseSome of the things I enjoy a local potter roundSt Marys church where Dudley (of Liz I and Dudley fame) is buried. If you can catch organ or choir practise, its very calminghttp://www.guyscliffewalledgarden.org.uk/ opposite the Saxon MillThe canal up towards Hatton Lockshttp://www.lordleycester.com/St Nichs park as others have saidSlightly further afield is Kenilworth Castle and the Millenium walk.

ASongOfFireAndIce11 h, 12 m ago

St Nicholas Park yup agree with that could spend hours there- also the …St Nicholas Park yup agree with that could spend hours there- also the history museum is next to the car park there and it’s free I think (donations welcome) also The Mill Garden is directly outside the Castle and it’s cheap to get into very! Most people don’t know its there and walk past it! Rose and Crown is a wicked place for a meal out. But my favourite place to lunch etc is again directly outside Castle place called Oken House proper tea proper cakes and proper lunch!

larrylightweight16 h, 43 m ago

Depends what you like but St Nicholas Park if you want to hire a boat go …Depends what you like but St Nicholas Park if you want to hire a boat go for a walk. If you want something to eat I would recommend the Saxon Mill pub for its historic and beautiful architecture. The Royal Pump Rooms also if you like museums and art. Stratford upon Avon is not to far away and in My view even nicer place to visit but i do love Warwick and it's castle. Is it just you visiting are you taking kids how long you staying I could give more places to visit if i knew a bit more.

Thanks very much for all your ideas ! The park seems like a good one and hire a boat ! And the museum next door too !
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants