Was GAMETAIL.COM a scam then?

Banned
I see all the deals have been removed.

12 Comments

SuperEd

i dont know how a deal got over 100 without it even being checked anyway ?

Original Poster Banned

goonertillidie

i dont know how a deal got over 100 without it even being checked anyway … i dont know how a deal got over 100 without it even being checked anyway ?

me too - well surprised it took mods 3 days to delete them

might still be legitimate mind

Gametail.com has 2 employeesGametail.com Unit B4 Seedbed Centre Davidson … Gametail.com has 2 employeesGametail.com Unit B4 Seedbed Centre Davidson WayRomfordEssexRM7 0AZUnited KingdomContact: Alexander Andreas+44 (0) 1708 300 301

All details redily available.

SuperEd

csiman

me too - well surprised it took mods 3 days to delete themmight still be … me too - well surprised it took mods 3 days to delete themmight still be legitimate mind

very true

I was going to post the Halo Reach deal last night, but it then comes up saying (DO NOT POST) next to the retailer name. I've got no objection to ordering with them, payment is taken by Paypal so I'd be covered in the event of non-arrival. They launch in full next Friday, but I'm not quite sure why there's a problem with them at this stage unless there's something I don't know about. Every business has to start somewhere and if they remain committed to beating everyone else on price, then I'm pretty sure they'll be all over HUKD soon enough.

Looked dodgy to me as payment was by Paypal only and a new member called "Gametail" and another newbie were bigging it up

They could just be taking money before a mythical "full launch". We'll find out soon.

tallpete33

Looked dodgy to me as payment was by Paypal only and a new member called … Looked dodgy to me as payment was by Paypal only and a new member called "Gametail" and another newbie were bigging it upThey could just be taking money before a mythical "full launch". We'll find out soon.

I don't get what's dodgy? They state quite clearly that the full site isn't up and running yet, and that includes their payment systems. They've got a Twitter account which they seem to be answering pretty swiftly and I've read of customers who have received their copies of Mafia 2. Add to this the fact that you're covered by Paypal and aren't actually at risk of losing money- again, what's dodgy?

(tongue in cheek btw)

cookiemonster83

I don't get what's dodgy? They state quite clearly that the full site … I don't get what's dodgy? They state quite clearly that the full site isn't up and running yet, and that includes their payment systems. They've got a Twitter account which they seem to be answering pretty swiftly and I've read of customers who have received their copies of Mafia 2. Add to this the fact that you're covered by Paypal and aren't actually at risk of losing money- again, what's dodgy?

I've seen numerous scam sites pop up on here at 3am that would only ask for Paypal payment. Once you'd bought something off them, your account would be instantly locked out whilst they raped it. That's what's dodgy IMO.

Why would you risk your hard earned on gametail to save a quid or two or worse, to prove a point. I'd never buy from a site I was the slightest bit suspicious about, it pays to be cautious online. Re the Mafia 2 comment, the member who said he had his copy was a newbie with a grand total 2 posts to his name so that rang an alarm bell too.

If it's a legit site then good luck to it and I may buy from there one day but not yet. Bernie Madoff's investment house, looked legit for years. I'm sure he'll tell you all about it from his prison cell if you ask him nicely. He's got nothing on for the next 150 years....

Maybe a mod should state why the deals have been pulled.

bossyboots

Is this them on ebay - excellent feedback

Cheers bossy, how am I possibly supposed to win my case when you present such compelling evidence against it??

tallpete33

I've seen numerous scam sites pop up on here at 3am that would only ask … I've seen numerous scam sites pop up on here at 3am that would only ask for Paypal payment. Once you'd bought something off them, your account would be instantly locked out whilst they raped it. That's what's dodgy IMO. Why would you risk your hard earned on gametail to save a quid or two or worse, to prove a point. I'd never buy from a site I was the slightest bit suspicious about, it pays to be cautious online. Re the Mafia 2 comment, the member who said he had his copy was a newbie with a grand total 2 posts to his name so that rang an alarm bell too. If it's a legit site then good luck to it and I may buy from there one day but not yet. Bernie Madoff's investment house, looked legit for years. I'm sure he'll tell you all about it from his prison cell if you ask him nicely. He's got nothing on for the next 150 years....Maybe a mod should state why the deals have been pulled.

lol, I've not ordered from them and I certainly wouldn't to prove a point. Don't worry mate, you've laid out a good argument and I'm always the first to hold my hands up and say when I might be wrong- and I might be in the wrong here! Bossy has shown that there's a not insignificant number of unhappy customers in the last 12 months (although there were 2,500 happy ones too). Of course, the best scams are the ones that can appear entirely legit and perhaps I'm too trusting of the protection Paypal offers...? I read an article about them on a games website, which was where I first discovered them, and they seem quite intent on making a dent in the online games retail market so I thought I'd give them the benefit of the doubt.

As it turns out, I'm not actually intending to personally order anything from them until they've been established and gained a good rep around HUKD. They may well have learnt from any mistakes they've made on ebay or they may continue making them. There's enough other retailers and discount codes out there that I can afford to wait and see, and just hunt down the next cheapest price in the meantime.

It would certainly be interesting to know what the mods' reasoning is for pulling them from Deals at present.

they are a distribution house turned retail and are totally legit, and no im not affiliated with them in any way before you ask, they are actually a competitor.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764309
    2. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism11
    3. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63219
    4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917266

See more discussions