Groups

Was just going to order COD MW2 for PC when I saw the reviews...

-2 stars on Amazon from 154 reviews (including 96 ONE stars)
    -3 stars on Play

Jeez....is it really that bad (on PC)?

30 Comments

Its just the people moaning that they removed dedicated servers.

Banned

deathtrap3000;6933938

Its just the people moaning that they removed dedicated servers.

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Sienna"]this.

ignore the petition based reviews, the game is good![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Original Poster

really...but why would soooo many people be upset about it?

hdizzle;6933960

bandwagon

its great in single player but the multiplayer side has been ruined somewhat, mw1 still owns on that side of the game. Still a great game tho.

Banned

Probably because someone told them they could have got it free on the torrents. 11GB mind with 40,000 trying to download it so quite a wait.

hdizzle;6933960

The lack of dedicated servers destroys the multiplayer for a lot of the fairly serious PC gamers hence a lot of people aren't happy about it.

John

i canceled my Pre-order but its funny... look how many hippocrites these one star reviewers are:
    http://files.uploadffs.com/0/f6a20f58/1258035395841.jpg

:-D

I know I'm gonna get flamed for this but what the heck, after 5 pints of John Smiths tonight I don't care

War gaming on consoles with a joypad in small, limited number servers is for kids.
    War gaming on PC's with a keyboard and mouse with up to 64 players online (al BF2) is for grown ups.

The PC version or MW2 seems to have been ported fom the console version with seriously curtailed online play - which for PC gamers is a big kick in the Goonies. It would have been better if they had delayed the PC version until these issues had been resolved to give PC gamers the online experience they crave and are used to. I've not played 5 minutes on single player on BF2 on my PC as it's NOT what the game is about. War gaming on the PC is all about joining a busy server (hopefully with TeamSpeak or Vent) and shooting real people around the world from Copenhagen to Canada. For PC gamers, MW2 has had is a severly curtailed and therefore worthless game.

Original Poster

hahaha

I don't think the issue was anything to do with porting it from the consoles, I think it was a lot more to do with limiting piracy. Whatever the reason I think it's a bad one and worryingly they're not on their own either, the lack of LAN play in RA3 drove me to utter frustration and just gave up on it in the end as trying to play with another PC in the same room was too problematic despite both copies being legal. Doing it illegally would actually have been a lot more convenient!

John

It's a great game on PC

Its probably the worst game ever made

hence the 10,000 threads opened in the space of 2 weeks on this site alone regarding excited children who have no goonies.

lol @ geeks crying about servers on a game.

jackvdbuk;6934118

i canceled my Pre-order but its funny... look how many hippocrites these … i canceled my Pre-order but its funny... look how many hippocrites these one star reviewers are: :-D

That's brilliant - reminds of the 'successful' Left 4 Dead boycott

John

Original Poster

athunder;6934030

its great in single player but the multiplayer side has been ruined … its great in single player but the multiplayer side has been ruined somewhat, mw1 still owns on that side of the game. Still a great game tho.

I guess this seems to sum up peoples opinion about this issue

seems unfair though to give out one star reviews based on the online aspect of the game. even if the online play is compromised 2/3 stars seem to be more appropriate if the single player is good in itself.

If the dedicated server removal is an issue - Then you'll be crying like the rest of them.

If however that doesn't bother you, then it'll be fine. MW2 is a cracking game.

jackvdbuk;6934118

i canceled my Pre-order but its funny... look how many hippocrites these … i canceled my Pre-order but its funny... look how many hippocrites these one star reviewers are:

Complaining after trying the game makes you a hypocrite?

"trying"?

hahaha

they supposedly boycott the game i.e cancel thier pre-orders and do not buy it ..and what do you know? the whole boycott crew buy it!

thats a hippo if i ever saw one :-D

Banned

jackvdbuk;6938408

"trying"? hahahathey supposedly boycott the game i.e cancel thier … "trying"? hahahathey supposedly boycott the game i.e cancel thier pre-orders and do not buy it ..and what do you know? the whole boycott crew buy it!thats a hippo if i ever saw one :-D

nah they downloaded it in protest

J4GG4;6934154

Its probably the worst game ever madehence the 10,000 threads opened in … Its probably the worst game ever madehence the 10,000 threads opened in the space of 2 weeks on this site alone regarding excited children who have no goonies.

yeah - also bf2 on PC is the ultimate war game IMO.

vaporand;6939106

yeah - also bf2 on PC is the ultimate war game IMO.

+1

BF2 is the Daddy of online wargames!

Banned

Q-Tec;6939673

+1BF2 is the Daddy of online wargames!

no ]Reality Project mod for the BF2 is :thumbsup:

Chicken and egg ... no BF2 ... no RP mod :w00t:

Banned

Q-Tec;6940494

Chicken and egg ... no BF2 ... no RP mod :w00t:

Lets say the egg BF2...became the chicken when RP was made :-D

360 and ps3 multiplayer is ruined by the same approach. Play only the maps we say you can and when you don't want to play that map and you decide to exit and look for another map you might like to play it counts as a loss in your stats. Terrible system for all now. So at least now it's fairer. lol:

black gerbil1;6934158

^^^^^^^

This.

Listen if your like me and wanted the game only for MP then you will not be disappointed because in a nutshell it bloody well r0x! I thought P2P servers on PC would be dire but it's been spot on touch wood!

The thing with this is now you can just slide into a match where as before for me it was a pain updating the server list, then looking through only to connect to one of a million Hardcore servers!

The guns, perks, killstreak's and care packages really have made this an absolute joy to play, i don't think i'll be going back to COD4 any time soon!

black gerbil1;6934158

dcx_badass;6943720

You guys kidding?The PC version crashed and burned, horrible p2p servers, … You guys kidding?The PC version crashed and burned, horrible p2p servers, no dedi's, no console, blatant xbox port, even get xbox live errors in the pc version lol, absolutely full of hackers.

Banned

dcx_badass;6943973

You kidding you used a BG1 quote as an example. Fail.

LOL

you fail more....still waiting?

ROFL
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sold item on eBay from UK - buyer from USA810
      2. What do I do if item is damaged I bought on eBay.69
      3. Finally got a Xbox one s33
      4. Rain effect window. The one from FRIENDS! Please help!910

See more discussions