Expired

Was sold fake Dolce & Gabbana trainers on eBay, what do?

Found 18th May 2014
Long story short, bought D&G trainers which were claimed to be authentic, they were £100, going price for D&G trainers are around £200-£250., So yeah maybe stupid, but thought I was getting a bargain.

Received them on Saturday and could tell by certain things, like the logo inside the shoe, which is meant to be embossed was actually just a stamp

I sent a message yesterday night telling them I have checked with a D&G store to see if they are authentic and they are infact fake (although I didn't, I just know they ARE fake).

This is the message I received back:

--Shoes are from "house of Frazer" shop. Must be original, I don't believe shop can sale not authentic items. After I sold the shoes I received so many msg asking if I still have them, can I put back on. I am happy to have them back as someone as offered me more money. So let me know if any problem.--

Now....They are willing to refund me as long as I return the shoes, but they also have admitted they are going to re-sell them.

I basically want my money back, should I just return them and be done with it, or should I contact eBay, I can't be bothered to prove they are not authentic if that's what I have to do once I get eBay involved, as its hard to get anyone with any credit to put their name and number down on a piece of paper.

Thanks,
Community Updates
21 Comments
sorry I don't have advice but I am sure I have heard of this happening before, they ask for a return to stop you sending to trading standards.
Send them back, get your money, then report seller to trading standards, you get your money and a clear conscience
Send back RECORDED!!!! Can you post the item link so I can see
If you take them to trading standards they will destroy them and give a certificate that can be forwarded to paypal and you will be refunded in full.

Or you can return by recorded delivery and accept a full refund, but he doesn't have to pay your return postage.
MrMan2011

Send back RECORDED!!!! Can you post the item link so I can see

Why? lol, i can show you pics of the shoes, but I don't want anyone contacting the seller, not atleast until i have this sorted out

sparxuk

Send them back, get your money, then report seller to trading standards, … Send them back, get your money, then report seller to trading standards, you get your money and a clear conscience

Yeah I guess this is the best action to take, I know that you shouldnt send counterfeit items back to the seller though, so Im going to just see what ebay say.

daturastorm

sorry I don't have advice but I am sure I have heard of this happening … sorry I don't have advice but I am sure I have heard of this happening before, they ask for a return to stop you sending to trading standards.

Yeah i don't want another buyer to get stung, thats why im reluctant to send these back.
Edited by: "hasj2" 18th May 2014
ebay chat support has told me to open a 'item not as described.' is this right?
Edited by: "hasj2" 18th May 2014
Your first mistake was actually contemplating the purchasing of D&G trainers.
hasj2

ebay chat support has told me to open a 'item not as described.' is this … ebay chat support has told me to open a 'item not as described.' is this right?

tbh what does ebay know in regards of the best way to get your money back, oh wait
I'm sure you can report to eBay under fake items. They will refund you the money and they will tell you to destroy them.

I'm pretty sure I've read about it on here somewhere
Mikeygolfgt

I'm sure you can report to eBay under fake items. They will refund you … I'm sure you can report to eBay under fake items. They will refund you the money and they will tell you to destroy them.I'm pretty sure I've read about it on here somewhere

I read about that aswell, but every person I get through to at eBay is someone in India or somewhere, and they don't understand that in the UK im not suppose to send back counterfeit items, and they keep telling me no its okay, send it back, and the seller will refund you.
hasj2

I read about that aswell, but every person I get through to at eBay is … I read about that aswell, but every person I get through to at eBay is someone in India or somewhere, and they don't understand that in the UK im not suppose to send back counterfeit items, and they keep telling me no its okay, send it back, and the seller will refund you.

Try contacting ebay again tomorrow when some UK staff may be on. Get yourself a link from Royal Mail or chosen courier stating that counterfeit goods are not permitted to be sent. I have known ebay to issue a prepaid label for you to send the goods direct to them, as they paid for the post they are technically liable. Worth a try.
I read on a previous ebay item stolen misc post ( hotukdeals.com/mis…081 ) that both ebay and paypal are not interested in UK law and always ask the buyer to return "questionable goods"

Whether it's the same for counterfeit goods (which I assume so) maybe reading the above link might give additional advice
philphil61

I read on a previous ebay item stolen misc post ( … I read on a previous ebay item stolen misc post ( http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/was-sold-a-stolen-iphone-5s-ebay-handed-police-ebay-forcing-send-back-seller-1904081 ) that both ebay and paypal are not interested in UK law and always ask the buyer to return "questionable goods" Whether it's the same for counterfeit goods (which I assume so) maybe reading the above link might give additional advice

Yep, they are not interested, spoke to 3 different people, all said said the item back for a refund, one even told me to send it back and if the seller re-lists the item report it....so they basically want me to do their job for them. So i'm just going to send it back to the seller for a refund, I shouldn't need to be trying so hard and wasting my time to do the right thing.
alanlukeb1

http://www.ebay.co.uk/gds/Dealing-with-Counterfeit-Sellers-/10000000033459149/g.html

cheers.
Be careful, a friend was recently scammed on ebay, sent a dodgy item (didn't work), returned to seller, who then says the item isn't the same item (apparently different serial no) and ebay can't/won't do anything as he has reported it to police.
house of fraser my ****
was this a one-off sale for the seller or have they got many of these?
ebay are quite strict about fakes and IP because they got fined a shedload for allowing the sale of fake louis vuitton (overturned on appeal I think but with the warning that if they don't take active steps, they would be fined heavily).
the fine >> revenue from allowing fake sales, therefore they did something about it.
i still don't know why anyone would want to spend £20 on those horrible brown and gold monogrammed bags, let along £1500
You're supposed to turn the item into the Police I think and get a case opened against the seller. There is another thread somewhere and people say you cannot post them back to the buyer for legal reasons. Trading standards will verify their authenticity.
Just send them back ffs and make sure you do it via ebay do not just send them back open a dispute first !
And next time keep away from ebay for items like this and buy from the shop and you will not get stung but looking at the shoes maybe im wrong (_;)
Edited by: "waterloo" 19th May 2014
would probably open a case thru ebay first then remember that if the seller does not reply within a time limit ebay will refund you if this happend and if the seller contest your claim escalate to a claim in paypal and let ebay look at any evidence you gave up to that point

you have 45 days from the date you made the payment to open a dispute.if paypal do decide in your favour send item back to the address on invoice via recorded delivery and forget it once your sure you have your refund you can report the seller here
http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/buy/report-trading.html
Guide to handling a dispute in paypal here paypal.com/uk/…ute

Edited by: "shakey1981" 19th May 2014
hasj2

Just like to come along and sayI have been using eBay & Paypal for 5+ … Just like to come along and sayI have been using eBay & Paypal for 5+ years and never had a problem

OMG !! I just mean OMG !!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions