Was this 4K monitor a good buy?

Posted 14th Sep
electrical-deals.co.uk/aoc…ade

I picked this up for £129. Not sure if it's a good deal or not seemed a decent price!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
Hope the screen is alright. Says there’s moderate to heavy scratches, scuffs or dents.
Edited by: "Patty37" 14th Sep
Patty3714/09/2019 13:25

Hope the screen is alright. Says there’s moderate to heavy scratches, s …Hope the screen is alright. Says there’s moderate to heavy scratches, scuffs or dents.

Yeah I don't mind if the casing is scuffed so long as the display is ok. I got it to pair up with a Vega 56 to play mainly rocket league, steam games and BF5. Hoping it can run it ok!
C grade.... if it's really poor condition, send it back free via Paypal free returns up to £15.
RiverDragon814/09/2019 15:47

C grade.... if it's really poor condition, send it back free via Paypal …C grade.... if it's really poor condition, send it back free via Paypal free returns up to £15.

Yeah that was my plan. 129 just seemed a decent price
bbfb12314/09/2019 15:57

Yeah that was my plan. 129 just seemed a decent price

I'm looking for a 4K monitor as well. That C grade puts me off, I'd rather spend a little bit more. This one click was posted last week.
RiverDragon814/09/2019 16:02

I'm looking for a 4K monitor as well. That C grade puts me off, I'd rather …I'm looking for a 4K monitor as well. That C grade puts me off, I'd rather spend a little bit more. This one click was posted last week.

Yeh just seen that. To be honest I've been trying to nab a 144hz 1440p monitor at a decent price but I've struggled. So I thought I'd give this one a go. Worst case scenario I send it back. Best case I sell my current 1440p 70hz monitor for the cost of this one.
bbfb12314/09/2019 16:16

Yeh just seen that. To be honest I've been trying to nab a 144hz 1440p …Yeh just seen that. To be honest I've been trying to nab a 144hz 1440p monitor at a decent price but I've struggled. So I thought I'd give this one a go. Worst case scenario I send it back. Best case I sell my current 1440p 70hz monitor for the cost of this one.

Yeah, 144hz 1440p, the sweet spot.
RiverDragon814/09/2019 16:17

Yeah, 144hz 1440p, the sweet spot.

It is. I've had two monitors delivered both damaged so I will give this one a try. If it's bad I'll send it back and cut my losses
In the long run brand new is always best , that monitor is c class so it could break down anytime
Nah. These 28" 4K displays are commonly sold at low prices, and they really have to be because they're complete junk. They use cheap TN panels, which makes them very poor for the colour shift you get from looking at the display from anything but dead-centre, and from a far enough distance that the viewing angle doesn't matter anymore. If you're far enough away then 4K becomes more detail than you can discern anyway, which means you've just got a large and very poor-quality display, which only runs at 60Hz.

They're good for nothing.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants