Was Unhappy with Tesco substitution on unavailable Grocery orders - Now sorted :-)

Posted 12th Dec 2009
Has anyone had their grocery substitution honoured with similar value item or higher?

I ordered some wine in a 3 for £10 promotion, feeling safe that if Tesco didn't have any stock left they'd subsitute it for something of same value or greater, based on an email they sent me in October (see below).

Well Surprise Surprise they didn't give any subsutition and said products (2 bottles) unavailable. I'm waiting for their reply. I'm happy to take two bottles replacement for same value, because I kept one bottle in the hope they'll honour their email. But suspect they might try and fobb me off with £10 good will gesture instead, which is worse than getting 3 bottles for £10, usually worth £8.99 each.

quote from their email:

New Price Match
On Substitutions

We've improved our product substitution service for you.

If we have to substitute a more expensive product than the one you ordered, we will now only charge you the price of your ordered item*. You'll see this on the top of your delivery receipt.

If you are not happy with a substitution for whatever reason, simply hand it back to the driver and you'll receive a full refund.

We hope this new service makes shopping with Tesco.com easier.

Kind regards,
Tesco Customer Service

* Price substitution terms and conditions
If for whatever reason you are not happy with a substitution please hand it back to the driver and you'll receive a full refund. Substituted products for link-save and multi-buy offers such as Buy One Get One Free and Meal Deal offers are not included.

If you have further queries, please contact us:
Telephone 0845 7225533, 8am to 11pm Monday to Friday, 9am to 8pm Saturday and 10am to 6pm Sunday

This is an email from Tesco.Com Limited (Company Number 3942522). Registered in England. Registered Office: Tesco House, Delamare Road, Cheshunt, Hertfordshire EN8 9SL. VAT Registration Number: GB 220 4302 31.

Neither Tesco.com Limited nor any company within the Tesco Plc Group accepts responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the contents of this email as it has been transmitted over a public network. If you receive this email in error please accept our apology. If this is the case we would be obliged if you would contact the sender and then delete this email.
Community Updates
Misc
17 Comments
Post a comment