Groups

Was uni the happiest time of your life

Banned
    For me, it's up there.

Living away from home, studying something I wanted to, partying early into the morning...

What's everyone else think? Did you find it hard adjusting to the 'real world' after?

49 Comments

Not everyone gets the chance to go to uni.

defo....moved home a few months ago and miss it like crazy :x

never went

im just going into my third year, and the problems i have had doing my law degree in some ways i wish i had never taken it. But then my life has also been very busy with different things going on.

The first year of uni was great, and then i took a year out to travel a bit, then returned, and i found it harder actually going back to uni then the real world! As i had got use to working...and travelling of course!

i didnt even know it existed when i was young or did it? even

Uni was prolly one of the lowest points of my life.

Hated it and hated being away from my son x x

cherishu2;6345834

it was only for the chosen few when i was young :-D

bitseylango;6345849

I werent one then :-D

Absolutely hated it!! nearly left on the first day. I lived at home (to save money and uni only 15 miles away) and was only in uni for 12 hours a week. Just wasn't me!! graduated in 2001 and still cant see the point of going in the job market!

cherishu2;6345834

Take it you did a philosophy degree

Original Poster Banned

bitseylango;6345849

They let pretty much anyone in nowadays:thumbsup:

I loved it - certainly one of the great highs in my life. Would hate to go back though now

cherishu2;6345862

I werent one then :-D

nikkib123;6345867

Yes the same for me, no one from round our way went to uni :?

not many people stayed on at 6th form....most friends I had at school left at 16 and went straight into work...me included, apprentice gardener!

dontdothatagain;6345808

Not everyone gets the chance to go to uni.

I think many many people get in to uni now, it's no longer elitist.

No Uni , left school early No qualification's But Ive made it good, with Common sense :whistling:

didn't go,couldn't have anyway

joined the army at 18

nikkib123;6345867

Yes the same for me, no one from round our way went to uni :?

Were they polytechnics back then?

Original Poster Banned

Most people in my sixth form ended up at uni. A worrying amount became teachers afterwards.

One of my mates who was always a straight arrow and looked down on us for breaking up revision with a smoke had a meltdown in his exams.

Ended up in the met, married and fairly religious:?

nikkib123;6345938

Oooooh that was a cheap shot!!But true ha ha :w00t:

lol...I'm only messing with you...anyway...they were just being phased out really about the time I would have gone too.

I went to uni but lived at home - so I think I had the best of both worlds!

Original Poster Banned

sumoqueen;6345959

I went to uni but lived at home - so I think I had the best of both … I went to uni but lived at home - so I think I had the best of both worlds!

Didn't you feel a little left out from people who lived in dorms or shared houses?

FilthAndFurry;6345947

Most people in my sixth form ended up at uni. A worrying amount became … Most people in my sixth form ended up at uni. A worrying amount became teachers afterwards.One of my mates who was always a straight arrow and looked down on us for breaking up revision with a smoke had a meltdown in his exams.Ended up in the met, married and fairly religious:?

Do you think that it's too easy for people to get a degree now?

I read about someone getting a degree in texting a few weeks back lol

Banned

FilthAndFurry;6345877

They let pretty much anyone in nowadays

That explains a lot!

bellabonkers;6345967

Do you think that it's too easy for people to get a degree now?I read … Do you think that it's too easy for people to get a degree now?I read about someone getting a degree in texting a few weeks back lol

r u being srs?

Original Poster Banned

bellabonkers;6345967

Do you think that it's too easy for people to get a degree now?I read … Do you think that it's too easy for people to get a degree now?I read about someone getting a degree in texting a few weeks back lol

Possibly. I think that unis have to adapt what they offer to deal with the times.

I don't think a degree guarantees you anything nowadays.

Cantona_7;6346002

r u being srs?

no, r u bn srs??

FilthAndFurry;6346004

Possibly. I think that unis have to adapt what they offer to deal with … Possibly. I think that unis have to adapt what they offer to deal with the times. I don't think a degree guarantees you anything nowadays.

As always, it depends on the degree and where you get it from.

Uni is stimulating, the companionship/comradeship is amazing but to label it the happiest time of your life is dwelling in the past.

It was a phase of your life, hopefully your life will have many other phases which will have an equal or bigger impact on you eg having kids for instance......

Banned

gari189;6346053

Uni is stimulating, the companionship/comradeship is amazing but to label … Uni is stimulating, the companionship/comradeship is amazing but to label it the happiest time of your life is dwelling in the past. It was a phase of your life, hopefully your life will have many other phases which will have an equal or bigger impact on you eg having kids for instance......

As if thats likely! You're such a tease!

guv;6346071

made me lol

guv;6346071

He could do a Madonna and adopt a child from a 3rd world country...........

Original Poster Banned

gari189;6346100

He could do a Madonna and adopt a child from a 3rd world … He could do a Madonna and adopt a child from a 3rd world country...........

You mean a Bruno:thumbsup:

snowflake;6346089

would I have been a better person if i had? :?

Nope - different yes, better - not necessarily.........

FilthAndFurry;6346004

Possibly. I think that unis have to adapt what they offer to deal with … Possibly. I think that unis have to adapt what they offer to deal with the times. I don't think a degree guarantees you anything nowadays.

Possibly not.

gari189;6346123

Nope - different yes, better - not necessarily.........

Thanks Gari first bit of backup ive ever had on that thought lol ;-)

Wish I had the chance to go to Uni, did sixth form & was constantly rowing with my Mum over money so just went out to work.

For me travelling Europe in a camper van was the best.

I was there for 5 years for my undergrad degree (part-time) one year for my MSc and I'm now going into the 2nd year of my PhD. Yeah, they've been the best years of my life, that's why I don't want to leave!

stgeorge;6346295

Wish I had the chance to go to Uni, did sixth form & was constantly … Wish I had the chance to go to Uni, did sixth form & was constantly rowing with my Mum over money so just went out to work.

You don't have to go when you are 18 - I was mid-twenties when I went. I had worked full time before going to uni - if you really want to go and don't have other commitments preventing you - its well worth investigating. Many Uni's now have access courses for those without the entry qualifications......
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Any Just Eat Vouchers around?22
      2. Any better deals after year's Sky subscription is nearly up?22
      3. sky q is it a good deal?55
      4. Speccing a gaming pc37

See more discussions