Was your Nintendo Switch console box sealed or not?

Posted 26th Mar
If anyone has bought a console recently, could you tell me whether your console was sealed or shrink wrapped? I ordered a Switch direct from Amazon, which was delivered this week. The console box was open and unsealed, but the outer packaging was sealed. It was delivered much earlier than I expected and I'm just concerned that it could be a return. I have opened the box and I think everything is there, but as it is for my son's birthday, I don't want to take it all out and not be able to get it all back neatly again! Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
Nintendo don’t seal any of their consoles anymore
I bought from Argos and was not sealed.
Thanks for the quick responses
The Animal Crossing Ltd Edition is sealed with a clear circular sticker across the cardboard opening. Other than that , never seen a sealed box.
40194314-yt2AA.jpg
adic26/03/2020 16:49

The Animal Crossing Ltd Edition is sealed with a clear circular sticker …The Animal Crossing Ltd Edition is sealed with a clear circular sticker across the cardboard opening. Other than that , never seen a sealed box.[Image]

Thank you. I expected a seal like this on the box, but there wasn't one and the box was open. I think I'll return it.
PinkSherbert26/03/2020 17:08

Thank you. I expected a seal like this on the box, but there wasn't one …Thank you. I expected a seal like this on the box, but there wasn't one and the box was open. I think I'll return it.

The standard Switch will not have a clear seal whatsoever, the only reason they add these is if there’s a download code in the box (even then it’s not guaranteed)
Edited by: "JohnnyRoller" 26th Mar
Thanks! It is the all red box, so I'll check the contents later. I was worried it was a return, as they seem to be out of stock everywhere.
I purchased a Switch from Curry’s PC World in 2018 that sounds similar to your box and I too thought perhaps it had been opened, returned it and ordered another one from AO and it was exactly the same. They aren’t sealed and have a crease across the tab that looks like it could have been opened but when I opened it I could tell it was definitely brand new.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants