washed partners new shirts but collars still hard (5 of them)

Banned
washed my partners shirts 5 of them they are brand new from his work. washed them at 40 cotton thats on the washing machine and put fairy in and asdas own fabric conditioner. i wasnt sure it i was ment to use synthasetics 40 wash or not, i followed the label on the shirt and then tumble dried them high heat for 50 mins till they where dry. i dont know why they are still hard any way to fix em

9 Comments

Have you took the cardboard stiffeners out from between the collar and shirt? A daft question I know but easily done!

Original Poster Banned

yep each shirt had 8 pins it it and plastic round the color and cardboard removed all them. and they are still hard after the first wash

Maybe Elvis designed them???

They will have been properly starched by the manufacturers, gonna be very difficult to soften, age is the best softener. I've heard mixed results using something like dylon easy iron spray but no personal experience.

Banned

collars are meant to be stiff

Nowt wrong with looking like harry hill for work

Original Poster Banned

yeah but not stiff so when you stick your tie on it stick away from your chest.

logyon;2891038

yeah but not stiff so when you stick your tie on it stick away from your … yeah but not stiff so when you stick your tie on it stick away from your chest.

the tie is too tight then, leave it open necked - that's the smart casual look!!!

Original Poster Banned

tie is a clip tie for work security jobs hav them
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29213592
    2. Any Xbox One news today?2356124
    3. GOT Leaks again416
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763949

See more discussions