Groups

washing mach warranty? grrrrrr

the year warranty, when does it start, day of order or delivery?

ok, ordered a washer/dryer from additions on may 24th last year, delivered week or 2 after

today its making a clonking sound while spinning..... grrrr

am i covered, till when? do i need paperwork? who do i call? im away for a week from saturday, its gonna be tight!

why meeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

17 Comments

Day of delivery when you accept the goods.

additions we had this problem , lol and it was something to do with stabailising bars breaking and causing a clonk they arrange for someone to pick up for you we had a 2nd and same problem so id be wery may happen again.

Original Poster

Syzable;5333119

Day of delivery when you accept the goods.

thank you, was hoping this, i can sort it after hols then :-D

gamesrus;5333129

additions we had this problem , lol and it was something to do with … additions we had this problem , lol and it was something to do with stabailising bars breaking and causing a clonk they arrange for someone to pick up for you we had a 2nd and same problem so id be wery may happen again.

how long after delivery was this? mines been fine for almost a year

Banned

Call the warranty company, most warranties have a leway clause built into them where they will accept claims just after the warranty has finished

It all depends on where you buy it from and who delivers it.

At the end of the day, as was discussed on another thread regarding 'fit for purpose' anyone would expect a washing machine to last longer than 12 months

read this : [COLOR="Red"]EU law that gives consumers a two-year guarantee on goods is a well kept secret among retailers [/COLOR]

dailymail.co.uk/new…tml

moob;5333677

At the end of the day, as was discussed on another thread regarding 'fit … At the end of the day, as was discussed on another thread regarding 'fit for purpose' anyone would expect a washing machine to last longer than 12 months

Yes but there are loads of factors to take into consideration;

How often you use the machine
    What powder you use
    What washes you do
    Whether you live in a hard or soft water area
    How well you perform maintenance on the machine (clean the filters / descale / run on an empty wash)
    If the feet have been adjusted correctly
    Is the machine ever overloaded

A washing machine will generally last a lot longer than 12 months if used correctly and it's looked after (as long as you don't buy Indesit)

RedIron;5333751

Yes but there are loads of factors to take into consideration;How often … Yes but there are loads of factors to take into consideration;How often you use the machineWhat powder you useWhat washes you doWhether you live in a hard or soft water areaHow well you perform maintenance on the machine (clean the filters / descale / run on an empty wash)If the feet have been adjusted correctlyIs the machine ever overloadedA washing machine will generally last a lot longer than 12 months if used correctly and it's looked after (as long as you don't buy Indesit)

What I'm saying is regarding the Sale of Goods Act, it must be fit for purpose. It would be have for a retailer to prove that the consumer has exhausted the machine in 12 months - thereby meaning the machine would not be fit for purpose if it failed in this way.

Original Poster

hellllllllllllppppppppppp

ok its totally gone, got someone coming out on the 9th june to look at it but it has water it it, any ideas how to empty it or it will stink!

loupomm;5351221

hellllllllllllpppppppppppok its totally gone, got someone coming out on … hellllllllllllpppppppppppok its totally gone, got someone coming out on the 9th june to look at it but it has water it it, any ideas how to empty it or it will stink!

usually water will run away itself if you switch power off has done with all ones ive had at least

Original Poster

jamstaruk1972;5351260

usually water will run away itself if you switch power off has done with … usually water will run away itself if you switch power off has done with all ones ive had at least

so if i leave it it will sort itself out? hope so, thank you :thumbsup:

loupomm;5351221

hellllllllllllpppppppppppok its totally gone, got someone coming out on … hellllllllllllpppppppppppok its totally gone, got someone coming out on the 9th june to look at it but it has water it it, any ideas how to empty it or it will stink!

Is the machine turning on at all?

Original Poster

RedIron;5351281

Is the machine turning on at all?

yeah, just wont run any cycle, just ticks over

loupomm;5351290

yeah, just wont run any cycle, just ticks over

If you have a filter at the front of your machine just undo that and the water should come out.

Be warned though there will be a lot of water so have loads of saucepans handy and someone to help you empty them and of course be careful in case the water is still hot.

loupomm;5351271

so if i leave it it will sort itself out? hope so, thank you :thumbsup:

actually switch it off tho and see what happens dont leave stuck in its cycle

Original Poster

panic over guyus!!! stupid i am, didnt try to run just the drain cycle! its draining lol

never buy a washer dryer i say now!! lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Virgin Media TV56
      2. Do you use a case on your iPhone?33
      3. Tooth extraction99
      4. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?611

See more discussions