Found 26th Oct 2016
My washing machine broke so I need to buy a new one! Does anyone know of any good deals on at the moment? I'm not looking to spend a great deal but as if/when I leave where I am currently living I have to leave the machine!

Looking for one with a large drum 8kg+!

Thanks in advance!

20 Comments

Original Poster

Unfortunately I am not a Costco member and that is a lot more than I was looking to spend but thanks very much anyway =]

Banned

plenty for £200 mark. open a very account and you will save 20% buy paying later but just pay before 3 months to avoid charges

Just out of interest why do you need to leave the machine if you leave. Does the current machine belong to your landlord?

Original Poster

developers

Just out of interest why do you need to leave the machine if you leave. … Just out of interest why do you need to leave the machine if you leave. Does the current machine belong to your landlord?

Kind of a long story, I was living here with my (now) ex and his parents we rented off, they bought us the washing machine and so when he left he took everything that they bought...But his step-dad said that as they had no room to put them I could keep them but then they did a new tenancy agreement and they put in that I would have to replace if they broke. =/

korinarose4366

Unfortunately I am not a Costco member and that is a lot more than I was … Unfortunately I am not a Costco member and that is a lot more than I was looking to spend but thanks very much anyway =]

No worries.

korinarose4366

Kind of a long story, I was living here with my (now) ex and his parents … Kind of a long story, I was living here with my (now) ex and his parents we rented off, they bought us the washing machine and so when he left he took everything that they bought...But his step-dad said that as they had no room to put them I could keep them but then they did a new tenancy agreement and they put in that I would have to replace if they broke. =/

I guess that does make it your problem. So far as I know it is legal to make a tenant responsible even if unusual. Maybe someone will confirm.

Just buy a 2nd hand washer from a good repair shop. No point wasting good money if you're swapping like for like. Depending on age the original washer might even have a repair plan which normally only costs £100 including parts.

Banned

korinarose4366

Kind of a long story, I was living here with my (now) ex and his parents … Kind of a long story, I was living here with my (now) ex and his parents we rented off, they bought us the washing machine and so when he left he took everything that they bought...But his step-dad said that as they had no room to put them I could keep them but then they did a new tenancy agreement and they put in that I would have to replace if they broke. =/

​if that's the case then there is loads on gumtree for £50 etc.

Ao do zero per cent finance you could get the cheapest one and pay it up if your stuck. Once you leave put something sharp in between the metal drum and the rubber bit eventually it will burst the rubber and flood. Happened to me what a mess lol

korinarose4366

I think you should be grateful they are 'ex' now!

I would pay the small premium for a 5 year parts and labour guarantee, even if a less known make as the peace of mind is worth it.

agree with other posters just buy a second hand one you'll be surprised what people chuck out just because they want the latest things.

If your landlord said you have to replace when it breaks, that also means you get to keep it when you move out. So go ahead and buy a new one imo.

I bought the cheapest washer dryer from John Lewis for £350 almost 3 years ago, it was an Indesit 7KG - still going strong. They give 2 years warranty, whereas ao.com only gives 1 year. Totally worth getting a washer dryer if you don't have a separate dryer - saves so much time and money.

Original Poster

Thanks for the help everyone! I pulled it out and opened it up today and it's just the belt that had snapped, have ordered a new one and will hopefully be able to fix it!

korinarose4366

Thanks for the help everyone! I pulled it out and opened it up today and … Thanks for the help everyone! I pulled it out and opened it up today and it's just the belt that had snapped, have ordered a new one and will hopefully be able to fix it!

Well done girl.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition75856
    2. E: 22/09 (+6) Win £40,000, a BMW X4 and a Gadget Bundle with Good Morning B…88
    3. Magazine competitions - Issue 43 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
    4. Win free gin for a year99

See more discussions