Washing machine

Found 8th Jun
Hi there I have been told I can get help to get a washing machine as mine is broke I have a 1 year old and my partner were on benifits and are struggling
Community Updates
Top comments
I don't want to sound harsh but with your housing benefit, family support and child benefit you are probably better of than a lot of people who are in work paying council tax £700 rent etc on minimum wage. I know times are tough but it is all about budgeting, when I was struggling I itemised all my outgoings and cut out all unnecessary spending, Also got rid of my car as that was my biggest overhead, would rather spend that money on my child as running a car was the best part of £50 a week once you broke it down over the year, obviously the op may not even have a car but as I say it is all about living within your means, and I am talking from someone who has been in this position twice, I cut out none essentials and we totally managed and my children never noticed any problems financialy, food was on the table, never short on gas and electricity payments, well clothed, and always had a few hundred on the hip for items such as a washing machine etc, and the most important thing was we were happy, the trick is also to avoid loans etc and only spend what you have so that what money you do recieve is yours and not paying heavy loan or finance interest.

I know I may sound like an arse but I will argue that if you don't smoke, drink or gamble then as a family unit you are in most cases given enough to live on including enough for the odd treat, again there are many people who are working that are worse of than those on benefits, my first job in 1999 only paid £153 a week, out of that I had rent, council tax and running a moped to comutte to work, did have a driving license but 50cc moped was the way I saved some money and again lived within my means. After paying my rent and bills had less than £50 a week food clothing and fuel, but I managed and again and would put what I could away for a rainy day.

The last time we were in this position was through no fault of our own, my wife was diagnosed with heart failure and why waiting surgery both had to give up are jobs, but PIP decided we were not entitled to any help despite three moderate to severe leaking heart valves and atrial fibrillation, so instead could only claim family support etc so have been in this position a few times.

If you do manage to get help with your washing machine then that is great especially since are mp's can claim for all sorts of luxury items but if not you can get a machine for £159 delivered from Argos.

33942383-Z5AZh.jpg
Edited by: "SOUTHWALES" 8th Jun
7 Comments
And I live in the Newbury area
Contact DSS, it's called a crisis loan.
I don't want to sound harsh but with your housing benefit, family support and child benefit you are probably better of than a lot of people who are in work paying council tax £700 rent etc on minimum wage. I know times are tough but it is all about budgeting, when I was struggling I itemised all my outgoings and cut out all unnecessary spending, Also got rid of my car as that was my biggest overhead, would rather spend that money on my child as running a car was the best part of £50 a week once you broke it down over the year, obviously the op may not even have a car but as I say it is all about living within your means, and I am talking from someone who has been in this position twice, I cut out none essentials and we totally managed and my children never noticed any problems financialy, food was on the table, never short on gas and electricity payments, well clothed, and always had a few hundred on the hip for items such as a washing machine etc, and the most important thing was we were happy, the trick is also to avoid loans etc and only spend what you have so that what money you do recieve is yours and not paying heavy loan or finance interest.

I know I may sound like an arse but I will argue that if you don't smoke, drink or gamble then as a family unit you are in most cases given enough to live on including enough for the odd treat, again there are many people who are working that are worse of than those on benefits, my first job in 1999 only paid £153 a week, out of that I had rent, council tax and running a moped to comutte to work, did have a driving license but 50cc moped was the way I saved some money and again lived within my means. After paying my rent and bills had less than £50 a week food clothing and fuel, but I managed and again and would put what I could away for a rainy day.

The last time we were in this position was through no fault of our own, my wife was diagnosed with heart failure and why waiting surgery both had to give up are jobs, but PIP decided we were not entitled to any help despite three moderate to severe leaking heart valves and atrial fibrillation, so instead could only claim family support etc so have been in this position a few times.

If you do manage to get help with your washing machine then that is great especially since are mp's can claim for all sorts of luxury items but if not you can get a machine for £159 delivered from Argos.

33942383-Z5AZh.jpg
Edited by: "SOUTHWALES" 8th Jun
Have you seen it it can be fixed? They are usually quite straightforward unless the drum has dropped. You can usually pick them up fairly cheaply second hand if not. Other than that, there's always the laundrette.
Check on Gumtree and the likes if anyone has one they want to get rid of cheaply or even for free... FB marketplace is another place where you can look and even eBay.
Try freegle it's an awesome community and I have give and took from it myself personally. I would highly recommend. No harm in trying.
What is the problem with your washing machine? I fixed mine out of stubbornness even though I could have easily replaced it ( money wise).

Once you find out the problem google it cost the part(s) and have a look on youtube for tutorials. Since your partner is on benefits he or she can do his research while on a break looking for jobs.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants