Washing machine

Posted 25th May
looking to get a new washing machine around £350-£400. Currently looking at LG F4J609WN 9k or the Bosch Serie 4. Also considered a Direct drive motor ecobubble.

have heard bad things about customer service from all of the above so not sure if they would honour the warranty.

The Lg and Samsung have extended warranty of up to 5 year. Bosch has 2 years as far as I am aware.

Could anybody give me some extra information to help my decision? Welcome to alternative suggestions also
Community Updates
Ask
20 Comments
I've got the Bosch. Super quiet, but the majority of programmes take a very long time.
britlad25/05/2020 20:43

I've got the Bosch. Super quiet, but the majority of programmes take a …I've got the Bosch. Super quiet, but the majority of programmes take a very long time.

Yeah I heard. Although it seems like that's the same on the Lg and Samsung.

Have you had to deal with Bosch?
I have a Samsung Addwash... you’ll either love or absolutely hate the little tune at the end of the cycle (I love it!)
shelliebish25/05/2020 20:51

I have a Samsung Addwash... you’ll either love or absolutely hate the l …I have a Samsung Addwash... you’ll either love or absolutely hate the little tune at the end of the cycle (I love it!)

Make the kids think it’s the ice cream van.
shelliebish25/05/2020 20:51

I have a Samsung Addwash... you’ll either love or absolutely hate the l …I have a Samsung Addwash... you’ll either love or absolutely hate the little tune at the end of the cycle (I love it!)

How long have you had it?
don_dealio25/05/2020 20:46

Yeah I heard. Although it seems like that's the same on the Lg and …Yeah I heard. Although it seems like that's the same on the Lg and Samsung.Have you had to deal with Bosch?

No, but it only gets used once a week.
don_dealio25/05/2020 21:44

How long have you had it?

I’ve had it about 3 years now, we bought it when we replaced our kitchen. It looks great & only ever had to call Samsung CS once and that was sorted really quickly on the phone without needing an engineer
We'r have a series 4 Bosch. Never had to call CS. Had a Bosch before that, for about 15 years and only called CS once. They came out, sorted the issue (hair clip got into the pump ) gave some advice to the Mrs and no charge, even though it wasn't a manufacturing or machine fault. Very happy. New machine is very quiet.
Edited by: "Ringfinger" 25th May
LG all the way, last one lasted 11 years, replaced it with two Samsung’s both with the same fault but to be fair the second developed a second fault on the second wash and wouldn’t start again. customer service were hopeless, needed to escalate to CEO team and when the second machine had the second fault I was passed around CS for an hour before giving up and going to the CEO team again. Gave up and replaced it with another LG.

dont get hung up on the add wash on Samsung’s, you can do that on LG machines as well as they use a low amount of water it’s only half way through you can’t add anything.
Edited by: "eslick" 25th May
Our last one was a Bosch that lasted 20 years and we recently replaced it with a 9kg Adwash Samsung which looks beautiful but all these horror stories scare me!

Also check out the Costco website as they sometimes have good deals.
Edited by: "Prosamuraiman" 27th May
eslick25/05/2020 22:31

LG all the way, last one lasted 11 years, replaced it with two Samsung’s b …LG all the way, last one lasted 11 years, replaced it with two Samsung’s both with the same fault but to be fair the second developed a second fault on the second wash and wouldn’t start again. customer service were hopeless, needed to escalate to CEO team and when the second machine had the second fault I was passed around CS for an hour before giving up and going to the CEO team again. Gave up and replaced it with another LG.dont get hung up on the add wash on Samsung’s, you can do that on LG machines as well as they use a low amount of water it’s only half way through you can’t add anything.

Don't you have to pause the wash and wait a minute or two for the door to unlock to add washing with LG's? We have to do that with our humble 4 year old Hoover.
yorkie1226/05/2020 05:58

Don't you have to pause the wash and wait a minute or two for the door to …Don't you have to pause the wash and wait a minute or two for the door to unlock to add washing with LG's? We have to do that with our humble 4 year old Hoover.

Yeah but only for about 10 seconds.
I have a Bosch Washing WAT27831GB, it does allow adding washing part way.
Bought it from Euronics who also installed, think there was a fee for that. Like the idea that my Euronics branch is nearby, it only stocks white goods, lots of models to look at. They advertise very competitive online prices which turn out to be higher in store. I had to get the store to match the online price.
Edited by: "harrythefish" 26th May
Bought Samsung last year and it's going great. I can find the model number if you want to know. Pretty sure, it comes on offer at £350ish.
Go for whichever one has a 5 year parts and labour warranty.
We bought a LG for that reason. It is quiet and been reliable (so far). My only gripe is the way it pulses the water when it first starts which would worry me on a house with older plumbing.
paul123edwards26/05/2020 10:04

Go for whichever one has a 5 year parts and labour warranty.We bought a LG …Go for whichever one has a 5 year parts and labour warranty.We bought a LG for that reason. It is quiet and been reliable (so far). My only gripe is the way it pulses the water when it first starts which would worry me on a house with older plumbing.

I was looking at the LG warranty and was worried about the terms and conditions. In particular it said something about wear and tear. I understand most warranties won't account for that but I worry that LG could potentially not honour a valid fix due to this.
don_dealio26/05/2020 10:06

I was looking at the LG warranty and was worried about the terms and …I was looking at the LG warranty and was worried about the terms and conditions. In particular it said something about wear and tear. I understand most warranties won't account for that but I worry that LG could potentially not honour a valid fix due to this.

Thats always the thing. You never know how good the warranty actually is until you have to make a claim.
I like to think that if a company is at least prepared to back up their products with an extra warranty then they must think they will last that long.
Edited by: "paul123edwards" 26th May
paul123edwards26/05/2020 10:20

Thats always the thing. You never know how good the warranty actually is …Thats always the thing. You never know how good the warranty actually is until you have to make a claim.I like to think that if a company is at least prepared to back up their products with an extra warranty then they must think they will last that long.

Yeah good point. I guess I just have to make a decision and hope for the best!
paul123edwards26/05/2020 10:20

Thats always the thing. You never know how good the warranty actually is …Thats always the thing. You never know how good the warranty actually is until you have to make a claim.I like to think that if a company is at least prepared to back up their products with an extra warranty then they must think they will last that long.

A Ford dealership offered me a 3 month warranty for a secondhand car, I asked them why not a 12 month one if they were sure of the build quality, the salesman said 3 months because they knew it wouldn't break down and was in top shape, if they offered 12 months, it would mean the quality was crap.

The salesman had no idea how stupid that sounded when I pointed out the obvious. What an absolute plonker.
Prosamuraiman27/05/2020 14:03

A Ford dealership offered me a 3 month warranty for a secondhand car, I …A Ford dealership offered me a 3 month warranty for a secondhand car, I asked them why not a 12 month one if they were sure of the build quality, the salesman said 3 months because they knew it wouldn't break down and was in top shape, if they offered 12 months, it would mean the quality was crap.The salesman had no idea how stupid that sounded when I pointed out the obvious. What an absolute plonker.

Post a comment
@
    Text