washing machine and integrated double oven

LocalFound 25th Jun 2017
Hi, always seem to read good tips on electrical goods on here so I thought I'd ask for some advice. We're FTB, just completed on our new home but the seller has removed the above from the property. They were on the fixtures and fittings list so solicitor is chasing but we really need to get sorted ASAP. Budget is tight, thinking AO is a good bet for the delivery and installation. Are there brands to go for/avoid? Family of 5 so probably a larger size WM. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Community Updates
AskOvenWashing Machine
17 Comments
My advice, use a few hours to shop around, get someone local or like JL to price match and take advantage of better CS than AO can ever give.
A double oven will need a sparky to wire it in but a single just plugs in. If time and money are of the essence this is something to take into consideration. Washing machine is also an easy diy installation. I've done several. Just make sure you use ptfe tape on the joints. Cheeky of them to take the oven. Bit of a necessity. I used sonic direct when my washing machine died earlier this year. They had free delivery next day but that might be because I only live a couple of miles from the shop.
try sonic direct always found them a good company to deal with good prices
psychobitchfromhell

A double oven will need a sparky to wire it in but a single just plugs … A double oven will need a sparky to wire it in but a single just plugs in. If time and money are of the essence this is something to take into consideration. Washing machine is also an easy diy installation. I've done several. Just make sure you use ptfe tape on the joints. Cheeky of them to take the oven. Bit of a necessity. I used sonic direct when my washing machine died earlier this year. They had free delivery next day but that might be because I only live a couple of miles from the shop.

Ignore the advice. Washing machine hoses seal with washers not on the thread so PTFE tape should not be used at all, just tighten it up hand tight to slightly compress the rubber washer.
Also, whilst some single ovens do have a 13A plug on them, many do not and will still require somebody competent to install it.
beko is cheap and works fine for these if you are tight on budget.
Phew - I thought somebody was onto my invention before I patented it.

For people with small kitchens I have invented an oven/dish washer/washing machine/tumble dryer combo all in one.

Such a brilliant idea and cannot believe nobody has already thought of it before.
Edited by: "Dragon32" 25th Jun 2017
nitro228

Ignore the advice. Washing machine hoses seal with washers not on the … Ignore the advice. Washing machine hoses seal with washers not on the thread so PTFE tape should not be used at all, just tighten it up hand tight to slightly compress the rubber washer.Also, whilst some single ovens do have a 13A plug on them, many do not and will still require somebody competent to install it.

I've seen the results if you don't . Cupboards like weetabix. Even if not, plumbing in a washing machine is an easy diy job. I'm just trying to give op some options to save money given that this is something they have not budgeted for. As for ovens, there are many people who would not realise that this can be a simple plug in job. I'm trying to help save money. Forgive me, I thought that was the point of this site.
Fitting a washing machine is easy enough ptfe would do no harm but not really necessary if tighend enough (Just check the joint). Cooker is probably a bit more of an issue if not a handy diyer, will be straight forward to an electrician as the feed will be there half an hour job tops.
we bought a cheaper samsung washing machine which gets hammered but has never missed a spin.
PIking

Fitting a washing machine is easy enough ptfe would do no harm but not … Fitting a washing machine is easy enough ptfe would do no harm but not really necessary if tighend enough (Just check the joint). Cooker is probably a bit more of an issue if not a handy diyer, will be straight forward to an electrician as the feed will be there half an hour job tops. we bought a cheaper samsung washing machine which gets hammered but has never missed a spin.

Thanks, I've replaced light fitting and sockets before, would you say this was a similar kind of difficulty?
dongrumble

Thanks, I've replaced light fitting and sockets before, would you say … Thanks, I've replaced light fitting and sockets before, would you say this was a similar kind of difficulty?

Easy peasy. No more difficult. Ten minute job
Edited by: "psychobitchfromhell" 25th Jun 2017
psychobitchfromhell4 m ago

Easy peasy. No more difficult. Ten minute job

The hardest bit is to push the oven into the cupboard casing as they weigh a ton. Lol.
mutley1

The hardest bit is to push the oven into the cupboard casing as they … The hardest bit is to push the oven into the cupboard casing as they weigh a ton. Lol.

Do you think so? I've never found them that bad. Washing Machines though, I hate doing them.
psychobitchfromhell2 m ago

Do you think so? I've never found them that bad. Washing Machines though, …Do you think so? I've never found them that bad. Washing Machines though, I hate doing them.

i am not very strong so i would not be able to lift the oven off the floor. Lol. I cant push the washing machine either, i have to ask someone else to push it for me.
I can't seem to 'like' all the comments (app issues?), but thanks everyone for the help. Would anyone advise against ao.com/pro…spx or ao.com/pro…spx
mutley1

i am not very strong so i would not be able to lift the oven off the … i am not very strong so i would not be able to lift the oven off the floor. Lol. I cant push the washing machine either, i have to ask someone else to push it for me.

​push it in for ya, snigger.
psychobitchfromhell

Do you think so? I've never found them that bad. Washing Machines though, … Do you think so? I've never found them that bad. Washing Machines though, I hate doing them.

​get your sen sum o these,
lidl.co.uk/en/…=10
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants